This figure shows that the incorporation of three nucleotide analogues Carbovir-5’-Triphosphate (Car-TP), Entecavir-5’-Triphosphate (Ent-TP), and Ganciclovir-5’-Triphosphate (Gan-TP) by SARS-CoV-2 polymerase terminates the viral polymerase reaction. The reaction products were detected by MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry.
SARS-CoV-2, the coronavirus causing the global COVID-19 pandemic, uses a protein called polymerase to replicate its genome inside infected human cells. Terminating the polymerase reaction will stop the growth of the coronavirus, leading to its eradication by the human host’s immune system.
“In our efforts to help tackle this global emergency, we are very hopeful that the structural and chemical features of the molecules we identified, in correlation with their inhibitory activity to the SARS-CoV-2 polymerase, can be used as a guide to design and synthesize new compounds for the development of COVID-19 therapeutics,” says Ju.
The Latest Updates from Bing News & Google News
Go deeper with Bing News on:
- Colorado governor tests positive for coronaviruson November 29, 2020 at 4:30 am
Colorado Gov. Jared Polis has tested positive for the coronavirus. Polis and his partner, Marlon Reis, both have COVID-19 and are asymptomatic, the governor said in a statement Saturday night. Polis ...
- Covid-19: Steve Aiken calls for executive unity on vaccineon November 29, 2020 at 4:26 am
A mass Covid-19 vaccination programme will need the full support of the executive in order to be delivered, the Ulster Unionist Party leader has said. Steve Aiken urged the first and deputy first ...
- Raab: There is a risk of third coronavirus waveon November 29, 2020 at 2:56 am
Britain is at risk of suffering a third wave of coronavirus infections if it does not get the approach to lockdown restrictions right in the coming weeks, foreign minister Dominic Raab said on Sunday.
- NFL: 49ers may need new venue for December home games amid COVID-19 curbson November 29, 2020 at 2:33 am
The San Francisco 49ers may have to find a stadium to host their upcoming home games in December after the Santa Clara County on Saturday announced new regulations to curb the spread of the ...
- Coronavirus live news: Brazil records nearly 600 deaths; Victoria goes 30 days without new caseson November 29, 2020 at 2:27 am
Brazil records nearly 52,000 daily new cases; more than 150 arrested in UK anti-lockdown protests; Australian state of Victoria records no new cases and no deaths ...
Go deeper with Google Headlines on:
Go deeper with Bing News on:
Stopping the growth of the coronavirus
- Record number of Oregon COVID-19 cases reflect both continued surge & holiday reporting lagon November 28, 2020 at 2:53 pm
The 1,669 cases reported on Saturday is a single-day high in Oregon but it reflects the delay in getting some counties' earlier case-count figures because of the Thanksgiving holiday.
- A Coronavirus Vaccine Can't Stop These 2 Hot Growth Stocks From Soaringon November 23, 2020 at 1:55 pm
The COVID-19 outbreak gave these tech companies a shot in the arm that should continue after the virus is history.
- At +10.1% CAGR, Medical Device Outsourcing Market Projected to Cross 226.32 Billion by 2026 | Competitive Growth Analysis On Behalf of Covid-19on November 23, 2020 at 6:05 am
Medical Device Outsourcing Market is valued at USD 115.40 Billion in 2019 and expected to reach USD 226.32 Billion by 2026 with the CAGR of 10.1% over the forecast period. Get Sample Copy of This ...
- Future of Quantum Dot (QD) Display Market - COVID-19 impact analysis and Growth Prospects 2020-2026 by Key Players Samsung, LG, Sharp, CSOT and AUOon November 23, 2020 at 4:15 am
The report assesses the key opportunities in the market and outlines the factors that are and will be driving the growth of the Quantum Dot QD Display industry Growth of the overall Quantum Dot QD ...
- Kentucky reports 3,711 more COVID-19 cases Saturday in continued 'exponential growth'on November 20, 2020 at 4:00 pm
Kentucky has continued to report record-high numbers over the past few weeks, with Friday’s report of 3,825 new cases topping the previous record set Thursday. “We continue to be in exponential growth ...