This figure shows that the incorporation of three nucleotide analogues Carbovir-5’-Triphosphate (Car-TP), Entecavir-5’-Triphosphate (Ent-TP), and Ganciclovir-5’-Triphosphate (Gan-TP) by SARS-CoV-2 polymerase terminates the viral polymerase reaction. The reaction products were detected by MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry.
SARS-CoV-2, the coronavirus causing the global COVID-19 pandemic, uses a protein called polymerase to replicate its genome inside infected human cells. Terminating the polymerase reaction will stop the growth of the coronavirus, leading to its eradication by the human host’s immune system.
“In our efforts to help tackle this global emergency, we are very hopeful that the structural and chemical features of the molecules we identified, in correlation with their inhibitory activity to the SARS-CoV-2 polymerase, can be used as a guide to design and synthesize new compounds for the development of COVID-19 therapeutics,” says Ju.
The Latest Updates from Bing News & Google News
Go deeper with Bing News on:
- Fauci worries Thanksgiving may be the start of a dark holiday season if COVID-19 cases continue to soaron November 27, 2020 at 3:19 pm
Anthony Fauci said the country is in a vulnerable position heading into the holidays because infections are too high to be able to control surges.
- Canada to reveal huge COVID-19 deficit, make 'down payment' on national childcareon November 27, 2020 at 3:09 pm
Canada next week will reveal the breadth of the emergency spending it has made during the pandemic and lay the groundwork for future stimulus and social measures, like a national childcare program, ...
- Fact check: A cold, the flu and a flu shot will not cause positive COVID-19 testson November 27, 2020 at 3:08 pm
Numerous users on social media have claimed that the common cold, flu, and flu vaccine will cause positive COVID-19 tests. That's false.
- US Coronavirus: Nearly 60,000 Americans could die of Covid-19 in the next 3 weeks. There are ways to turn things around, experts sayon November 27, 2020 at 3:04 pm
America enters the somber holiday weekend following a Thanksgiving Day that saw more than 100,000 new Covid-19 cases and 1,200 deaths -- skyrocketing numbers given that 20 states did not report data.
- Coronavirus live: half of Canadians 'to get vaccine by September'; Italy to ease Covid measures in some regionson November 27, 2020 at 3:03 pm
Trudeau previously warned country would not get first doses; Italy to ease measures in five regions; singing and playing wind instruments ‘can increase risk of infection’, say Swiss authorities ...
Go deeper with Google Headlines on:
Go deeper with Bing News on:
Stopping the growth of the coronavirus
- Throngs take advantage of San Fernando Valley ‘super site’ for coronavirus testson November 24, 2020 at 10:51 pm
The new walk-up site operates from 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Tuesdays through Saturdays at San Fernando Recreation Park in San Fernando. On Day One, a long stream of people lined up for their walk-up tests.
- A Coronavirus Vaccine Can't Stop These 2 Hot Growth Stocks From Soaringon November 23, 2020 at 9:01 am
The COVID-19 outbreak gave these tech companies a shot in the arm that should continue after the virus is history.
- At +10.1% CAGR, Medical Device Outsourcing Market Projected to Cross 226.32 Billion by 2026 | Competitive Growth Analysis On Behalf of Covid-19on November 23, 2020 at 6:05 am
Medical Device Outsourcing Market is valued at USD 115.40 Billion in 2019 and expected to reach USD 226.32 Billion by 2026 with the CAGR of 10.1% over the forecast period. Get Sample Copy of This ...
- Kentucky reports 3,711 more COVID-19 cases Saturday in continued 'exponential growth'on November 20, 2020 at 4:00 pm
Kentucky has continued to report record-high numbers over the past few weeks, with Friday’s report of 3,825 new cases topping the previous record set Thursday. “We continue to be in exponential growth ...
- Kentucky sets new case record, ‘exponential’ growth of COVID-19 continueson November 20, 2020 at 3:09 pm
Some 1,544 Kentuckians are currently hospitalized with COVID-19, 366 are in ICUs and 188 are on ventilators. The state’s positivity rate is at 9.15 percent. “This is exponential growth. It is ...