This figure shows that the incorporation of three nucleotide analogues Carbovir-5’-Triphosphate (Car-TP), Entecavir-5’-Triphosphate (Ent-TP), and Ganciclovir-5’-Triphosphate (Gan-TP) by SARS-CoV-2 polymerase terminates the viral polymerase reaction. The reaction products were detected by MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry.
SARS-CoV-2, the coronavirus causing the global COVID-19 pandemic, uses a protein called polymerase to replicate its genome inside infected human cells. Terminating the polymerase reaction will stop the growth of the coronavirus, leading to its eradication by the human host’s immune system.
“In our efforts to help tackle this global emergency, we are very hopeful that the structural and chemical features of the molecules we identified, in correlation with their inhibitory activity to the SARS-CoV-2 polymerase, can be used as a guide to design and synthesize new compounds for the development of COVID-19 therapeutics,” says Ju.
The Latest Updates from Bing News & Google News
Go deeper with Bing News on:
- Canada could approve COVID-19 vaccines early next year: regulatoron November 23, 2020 at 5:15 pm
Canada could approve one or more COVID-19 vaccines early in the first quarter of 2021, under a new, accelerated process similar to the U.S. emergency use authorization, according to Health Canada, the ...
- England gets new set of restrictions for end of COVID-19 lockdownon November 23, 2020 at 5:14 pm
British Prime Minister Boris Johnson set out new measures on Monday to replace a COVID-19 lockdown in England from Dec. 2, reinforcing a previous regional approach to try to reopen businesses in areas ...
- South Dakota gripped by coronavirus pandemic as governor resists mandateon November 23, 2020 at 4:24 pm
"This is cowboy country, man. And you try and tell someone to do something and they want to do the opposite," the mayor Sioux Falls said when asked why they don't enforce mask mandates.
- European Authorities Prepare to Ease Covid-19 Lockdowns for Christmason November 23, 2020 at 4:11 pm
Governments across the continent are aiming to reopen shops and allow families to hold small gatherings, but they are warning it won’t be a normal festive season.
- Miami hospital prepares for coronavirus vaccine distributionon November 23, 2020 at 4:07 pm
CBS News got rare access inside Jackson Memorial Hospital in Miami that will be among the first to receive Pfizer's coronavirus vaccine. Mireya Villarreal shows us how health care workers are ...
Go deeper with Google Headlines on:
Go deeper with Bing News on:
Stopping the growth of the coronavirus
- Middletown issues health advisory amid surge of COVID-19 caseson November 23, 2020 at 11:26 am
With the growth in number of COVID-19 cases, the city of Middletown has issued a health advisory. “Hospital staff and physical facilities are becoming taxed beyond capacity,” the city said. “It is ...
- A Coronavirus Vaccine Can't Stop These 2 Hot Growth Stocks From Soaringon November 23, 2020 at 9:01 am
The COVID-19 outbreak gave these tech companies a shot in the arm that should continue after the virus is history.
- At +10.1% CAGR, Medical Device Outsourcing Market Projected to Cross 226.32 Billion by 2026 | Competitive Growth Analysis On Behalf of Covid-19on November 23, 2020 at 6:05 am
Medical Device Outsourcing Market is valued at USD 115.40 Billion in 2019 and expected to reach USD 226.32 Billion by 2026 with the CAGR of 10.1% over the forecast period. Get Sample Copy of This ...
- State reports second-highest number of coronavirus cases Saturdayon November 21, 2020 at 1:36 pm
Gov. Andy Beshear on Saturday said the state reported its second highest number of coronavirus cases and urged Kentuckians to adhere to the latest round of restrictions to stop the ...
- Kentucky reports 3,711 more COVID-19 cases Saturday in continued 'exponential growth'on November 20, 2020 at 4:00 pm
Kentucky has continued to report record-high numbers over the past few weeks, with Friday’s report of 3,825 new cases topping the previous record set Thursday. “We continue to be in exponential growth ...