This figure shows that the incorporation of three nucleotide analogues Carbovir-5’-Triphosphate (Car-TP), Entecavir-5’-Triphosphate (Ent-TP), and Ganciclovir-5’-Triphosphate (Gan-TP) by SARS-CoV-2 polymerase terminates the viral polymerase reaction. The reaction products were detected by MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry.
SARS-CoV-2, the coronavirus causing the global COVID-19 pandemic, uses a protein called polymerase to replicate its genome inside infected human cells. Terminating the polymerase reaction will stop the growth of the coronavirus, leading to its eradication by the human host’s immune system.
“In our efforts to help tackle this global emergency, we are very hopeful that the structural and chemical features of the molecules we identified, in correlation with their inhibitory activity to the SARS-CoV-2 polymerase, can be used as a guide to design and synthesize new compounds for the development of COVID-19 therapeutics,” says Ju.
The Latest Updates from Bing News & Google News
Go deeper with Bing News on:
- Amazon delays Prime Day until October due to coronaviruson July 2, 2020 at 11:56 am
Amazon gave third-party sellers a placeholder date of the week of October 5 for Prime Day, according to an email obtained by CNBC. The company has delayed its annual shopping event several times in ...
- Florida Records New Record of 10,000 New Daily Coronavirus Caseson July 2, 2020 at 11:55 am
Florida’s cases accounted for 20% of those recorded in the U.S., which reported its own daily record with more than 50,000 new infections.
- Hospitalization Rising for COVID-19 Cases in Mississippion July 2, 2020 at 11:54 am
Mississippi is seeing a steady increase of patients hospitalized with confirmed or suspected cases of the new coronavirus.
- Senators concerned about Covid-19 vaccine price controlson July 2, 2020 at 11:49 am
Roy Blunt (R-Mo.), chair of the appropriations health subcommittee, questioned top Trump public health officials at a hearing about whether vaccine makers have any obligation to ensure that their ...
- Trump surrogate Herman Cain hospitalized with coronavirus weeks after attending Tulsa rallyon July 2, 2020 at 11:46 am
Former presidential candidate Herman Cain announced on Thursday that he has been hospitalized with Covid-19, almost two weeks after attending President Donald Trump’s Tulsa, Okla., rally. Cain was ...
Go deeper with Google Headlines on:
Go deeper with Bing News on:
Stopping the growth of the coronavirus
- The state that’s doing the worst at stopping coronavirus isn’t the one you thinkon July 2, 2020 at 6:56 am
The latest coronavirus update as the week draws to a close is that the US is no closer to finally getting the pandemic under control. Indeed, it seems that it’s getting more out of control ...
- Closing bars to stop coronavirus spread is backed by scienceon July 1, 2020 at 9:10 pm
Authorities are closing honky tonks, bars and other drinking establishments in some parts of the U.S. to stem the surge of COVID-19 infections — a move backed by sound science about risk factors ...
- Doctors fear 4th of July gatherings could lead to explosion of COVID-19 caseson July 1, 2020 at 3:56 pm
Doctors say they’re expecting a surge in hospitalizations and possible deaths which is why it’s so important to wear a mask—to stop the spread.
- Coronavirus fears push gold price to record high of Rs 48,848on July 1, 2020 at 2:20 am
Traders said India recording highest spike in a day despite weeks of lockdown has also led to the demand for the risk-averse asset in the domestic market ...
- Montana reports 49 new cases of COVID-19on July 1, 2020 at 12:00 am
HELENA, Mont. — Montana reported another 49 cases of COVID-19 on Tuesday, including 20 in Missoula County, as health officials urged people to wear face coverings when social distancing isn’t ...