Plastic carbon was transformed even to beneficial fatty acids, omega-3 and omega-6, by the microbes originating from humic lakes.
The University of Jyväskylä
The Latest Updates from Bing News & Google News
Go deeper with Bing News on:
- Caddis fly larvae are now building shelters out of microplasticson May 8, 2020 at 1:43 pm
In a study published last year, researchers in Germany reported finding microplastic particles in the cases of caddis flies in the wild. Then, last month, they published the troubling results of lab ...
- Microplastics Discovered in 150-Year-Old Seabed 7,000 Feet Below Surfaceon May 7, 2020 at 7:15 am
Researchers have discovered microplastics buried in seabed sediments deep below the ocean surface that are more than 150 years old. The team identified the tiny plastic pieces in core samples ...
- Microplastics Discovered in 150-Year-Old Sediments 7,000 Feet Beneath the Ocean Surfaceon May 7, 2020 at 7:15 am
Jones from the Scottish Association for Marine Science, the scientists examined the sediments—taken from more than 7,000 feet below the ocean surface—in order to reveal the extent and quantity of ...
- Microplastics found in 150-year-old ocean sedimenton May 6, 2020 at 5:58 pm
Tiny fragments of plastic have been found buried in seabed sediment more than 150 years old. Scientists discovered the microplastics in core samples taken 2,200m (7,218ft) below the surface of the ...
- In ocean biodiversity hotspots, microplastics come with the currentson May 4, 2020 at 1:00 pm
The most common microplastic found in the ocean is microfibers from textiles, which enters the ocean through domestic and industrial waste water systems. The study suggests that microplastics are ...
Go deeper with Google Headlines on:
Go deeper with Bing News on:
Omega-3 fatty acids from microplastics
- What’s the Healthiest Fish to Eat? We’ve Got the Facts, Plus 7 to Avoidon May 8, 2020 at 7:55 pm
It’s no secret that fish is good for us. Not only is it loaded with protein and low in saturated fat, it’s also rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which can reduce your risk of heart disease and stroke, ...
- Exercise and diet essential for healthy agingon May 7, 2020 at 6:02 am
Resistance training combined with a healthy diet rich in omega-3 fatty acids helps older women bring about gains in strength and mobility. That is researcher Peter Edholm's conclusion in his thesis, ...
- Resistance training and diet rich in omega-3 fatty acids help can benefit older womenon May 7, 2020 at 12:45 am
Resistance training, combined with a healthy diet rich in omega-3 fatty acids, helps older women bring about gains in strength and mobility.
- Ova of overweight and obese women have fewer levels of Omega-3 fatty acidson May 3, 2020 at 2:46 am
Omega-3 fatty acids are essential in the human diet, in other words, they have to be ingested because the body cannot synthesise them.
- Ova of women who are overweight have lesser levels amount of omega-3 fatty acidson May 2, 2020 at 5:01 pm
A new study has found that the reproductive eggs or the ova of obese women have lesser levels of omega-3 fatty acids. Researchers from the UPV/EHU, Cruces Hospital, the IVI Clinic Bilbao, and Biocruce ...