An example of a wave pattern (right) and its intensity levels (left) developed by the machine learning algorithm to best illuminate the most important features of an object being identified.
The Latest Updates from Bing News & Google News
Go deeper with Bing News on:
- Porsche Taycan Turbo S Mountain Drive: If This Is The Future, I Want To Live Foreveron May 10, 2020 at 1:37 pm
Porsche Taycan Turbo S is a brilliant engineering achievement that delivers hypercar acceleration, supercar handling, and ultra-luxury ride quality. Taycan Turbo S impresses with balanced performance, ...
- Computer vision helps scientists study lithium ion batterieson May 8, 2020 at 3:15 am
Lithium-ion batteries lose their juice over time, causing scientists and engineer to work hard to understand that process in detail. Now, scientists at the Department of Energy's SLAC National ...
- Computer vision helps SLAC scientists study lithium ion batterieson May 8, 2020 at 2:02 am
Lithium-ion batteries lose their juice over time ... so the team turned to computer vision, a subfield of machine learning algorithms originally designed to scan images or videos and identify ...
- Facebook’s AutoScale decides if AI inference runs on your phone or in the cloudon May 7, 2020 at 12:25 pm
In a preprint paper, Facebook researchers describe AutoScale, a system that optimizes AI inference for energy efficiency on mobile and edge devices.
- How Tesla uses open source to generate resilience in modern electric gridson May 6, 2020 at 3:53 pm
You're reading this article on a glowing screen powered by an electric grid, the largest and most complex machine ever created. Largely built on 20th century technology, it is the result of millions ...
Go deeper with Google Headlines on:
Go deeper with Bing News on:
- Police identify victims of fatal shooting in Asheville parking lot, suspects still soughton May 9, 2020 at 6:43 am
Asheville Police say they're investigating after two people were reportedly shot and killed in a parking lot Friday night.
- Undisclosed Flying Objectson May 8, 2020 at 10:20 am
On April 27, the U.S. Navy officially released the clip, titled “FLIR,” in a batch of three previously leaked videos, saying, “The aerial phenomena observed in the videos remain characterized as ...
- Google is creating an app that will identify objects for the blindon May 7, 2020 at 5:00 pm
Mashable is a global, multi-platform media and entertainment company. Powered by its own proprietary technology, Mashable is the go-to source for tech, digital culture and entertainment content ...
- Astronomers Identify New Black Hole, Closest Ever to Earthon May 6, 2020 at 7:22 am
A black hole left over from the death of a fleeting young star. European astronomers have found the closest black hole to Earth yet, so near that the two stars dancing with it can be seen by the naked ...
- Identify Hidden Opportunities of Radar Security Marketon May 6, 2020 at 7:06 am
Radar is used to detect an object by using radio waves and determines the angle, velocity, and range of the objects. Radar security system commonly used to detect guided missiles, ships, aircraft ...