The Latest Updates from Bing News & Google News
Go deeper with Bing News on:
- With fresh support from its billionaire backers Pivot Bio is ushering in a farming revolutionon April 30, 2020 at 4:33 am
In the first decade of the twentieth century two German chemists, Fritz Haber and Carl Bosch, invented fertilizer — the nitrogen compound which ushered in modern agriculture and saved the world from ...
- News tagged with specific geneson April 26, 2020 at 5:00 pm
A team of researchers from Spain, Germany and France has identified the gene switch ENO (excessive number of floral organs) as a tomato fruit regulator. In their paper published in Proceedings of ...
- Helpful Genes Identified for Creating a Better Wheaton April 21, 2020 at 8:34 am
They published the set of reliable reference genes in wheat meiosis. Meiosis is the division process that generates gametes or reproductive cells. During meiosis, chromosome association and genetic ...
- Urbane decayon March 30, 2019 at 12:13 am
RHA1 has four gene clusters that are involved in steroid catabolism. Other notable features of the genomes include the presence of nitrogen-fixing genes in LB400, as well as several chemotaxis ...
- Outline of each theme and scholaron May 29, 2018 at 2:18 am
Demonstration of their functions of identified genes by cell surface engineering and construction ... biosynthesis of nitrogenous substances using artificially optimized nitrogen fixing cyanobacteria ...
Go deeper with Google Headlines on:
Go deeper with Bing News on:
Using less fertilizer
- Editorial: Nebraska must strengthen water quality efforts to protect rural residentson May 10, 2020 at 6:20 am
Calls to help Nebraska’s rural residents often focus on property tax relief, but there’s another burden that also deserves attention: safeguarding the quality of water supplies.
- Wise lawn, garden care protects our waterwayson May 10, 2020 at 1:00 am
As our population increases, beloved North Idaho lakes and streams are at heightened risk of pollution. However, homeowners can do a lot to protect and improve water quality through proper lawn and ...
- Award-Winning 4R Advocates Say Data Driven, Environmentally Responsible Agriculture Is the Futureon May 8, 2020 at 4:48 am
Mike Turek is a total believer in the 4R approach to nutrient management. “4R” is short for the right source, the right rate, the right time and the right place.
- An analysis of optimal fertigation implications in different soils on reducing environmental impacts of agricultural nitrate leachingon May 8, 2020 at 2:14 am
Excessive and incorrect use of nitrogen (N) fertilizers in agriculture leads to high nitrate leaching to groundwater and harmful effects on the environment. The main objective of this research was to ...
- Benin Enhances Production and Export of Soybean Using Bio-fertilizers and Isotopic Technologyon May 7, 2020 at 7:59 am
Poor soil fertility meant low yields and insufficient income for soybean farmers in the West African nation of Benin. Thanks to the use of bio-fertilizers, improved using isotopic techniques, they ...