The Latest Updates from Bing News & Google News
Go deeper with Bing News on:
- The Biology of Lens culinaris Medikus (Lentil)on February 16, 2020 at 10:34 am
Phosphorus also plays an important role in the nitrogen-fixing process. Generally, nitrogen (N) fertilizer application is not required if N fixation is optimized. Micronutrient deficiencies in lentil ...
- Farming convention Upcountry digs into improved soil healthon February 15, 2020 at 4:00 pm
McNeill recommended using a “microbial stimulant,” applying a material to the soil that can change the gene expression ... day. . . . Using legumes or nitrogen-fixing plants in your rotation ...
- Double-stranded DNA virioplankton dynamics and reproductive strategies in the oligotrophic open ocean water columnon February 14, 2020 at 5:48 am
and ecologically distinct marine Thaumarchaeota viruses that encode amoC nitrification genes. ISME J. 2018;13:618–31. Wilson ST, Aylward FO, Ribalet F, Barone B, Casey JR, Connell PE, et al.
- A single gene controls root nodulation and lateral root growthon February 6, 2020 at 4:00 pm
A gene involved in the development of lateral roots is found to play a role in the formation of nitrogen-fixing nodules ...
- Can chickpea genes save mustard seeds from blight disease?on January 29, 2020 at 12:32 pm
They also studied chickpea transcripts to pinpoint several genes involved in the plant's pathogen defense. "These genes are interesting candidates for additional study to determine their precise ...
Go deeper with Google Headlines on:
Go deeper with Bing News on:
Using less fertilizer
- February drawing to a closeon February 23, 2020 at 9:27 am
Spring is less than a month away and plenty of new signs show up each day ... There are a few days remaining in February and there is plenty of time to fertilize and lime the lawn and prepare it for a ...
- Master Gardener offers tips in planning crops for the Spring seasonon February 22, 2020 at 5:54 pm
GREAT FALLS - With less than a month to go before Spring ... Parker said the best solutions really depend on what you're growing. "Some plants use more of one type of fertilizer than another," he ...
- Your View by a former landfill owner: We need to reduce consumption to slow climate changeon February 22, 2020 at 8:12 am
Every bit of consumption involves using raw materials, energy and chemicals, and brings with it an automatic generation of waste. Virtually every box trailer and flatbed you observe going down the ...
- Sanitize blades of loppers, hand shears before usingon February 22, 2020 at 8:08 am
If you’re using hand shears to remove some offensive plant growth ... As air temperatures become colder, plants require less and less light, water and fertilizer. That is true for all plants including ...
- You May Find Salt-Tolerant Rice Growing In The Ocean By 2021on February 21, 2020 at 2:20 pm
This start-up is looking to create floating ocean farms full of salt-tolerant crops, reducing freshwater use and feeding 1 million people by 2022.