The Latest Updates from Bing News & Google News
Go deeper with Bing News on:
- Nuclear waste may be corroding the steel canisters it's stored in: Studyon January 28, 2020 at 11:14 am
LIVE VIDEO: Trump’s impeachment defense team presents final day of arguments in Senate trial. Click to watch full coverage … The current model the U.S. and other countries plan to use to store ...
- Current model for storing nuclear waste may not be sufficiently safe, study sayson January 28, 2020 at 10:07 am
The current model the U.S. and other countries plan to use to store high-level nuclear waste may not be as safe as previously thought. The materials used to store the waste "will likely degrade faster ...
- Self-accelerated corrosion of nuclear waste forms at material interfaceson January 27, 2020 at 10:35 am
The US plan for high-level nuclear waste includes the immobilization of long-lived radionuclides in glass or ceramic waste forms in stainless-steel canisters for disposal in deep geological ...
- Current model for storing nuclear waste is incompleteon January 27, 2020 at 8:02 am
The materials the United States and other countries plan to use to store high-level nuclear waste will likely degrade faster than anyone previously knew because of the way those materials interact, ...
- Nuclear waste storage plans aren't as safe as we thought, experts warnon January 27, 2020 at 7:59 am
Current methods for storing high-level nuclear waste are "severely" unsafe, scientists have warned. Researchers at Ohio State University discovered that long-term plans to store radioactive waste from ...
Go deeper with Google Headlines on:
Go deeper with Bing News on:
- MOX Nuclear Fuel Loaded in Russian Reactor, More to Comeon January 28, 2020 at 5:49 am
such as plutonium oxide bred in commercial reactors and uranium oxide derived by defluorination of depleted uranium hexafluoride—the so-called secondary tailings of uranium enrichment facilities.
- DoE Dipping Into Cold War Leftovers for Future Depleted Uranium Needson January 27, 2020 at 2:14 pm
The Department of Energy has decided to use a Cold War nuclear weapons cleanup in Ohio to help produce high-purity depleted uranium metal for nuclear weapons programs. You must be logged in as a ...
- Correction: Uranium Effects Research storyon January 24, 2020 at 7:53 am
In a story Jan. 22, 2020, about the public health effects of depleted uranium, The Associated Press erroneously reported several details about the presentation by an Alaska woman interested in the ...
- Alaska Researcher Studies Effects of Depleted Uraniumon January 22, 2020 at 7:38 am
A southeast Alaska native interested in the public health effects of radiation says she has found a connection between the Marshall Islands and southern Iraq through radioactivity.
- The Brutal Reason American Tanks Shoot Depleted Uranium Shellson January 22, 2020 at 4:10 am
At the same time, the United States was researching the use of depleted uranium as an armor penetrator. A byproduct of nuclear reactor fuel, depleted uranium was harder and denser than existing ...