The Latest Updates from Bing News & Google News
Go deeper with Bing News on:
- U.S. to send nuclear waste to Russiaon March 22, 2020 at 12:49 am
The U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission has submitted an application to the U.S. Department of State to send a shipment of nuclear waste to Russia, MBH Media reports, citing Vladimir Slivnyak, a ...
- More Time Sought for Public Input on Nuclear Fuel Proposalon March 21, 2020 at 9:17 am
FILE - In this April 29, 2015, file photo, an illustration depicts a planned interim storage facility for spent nuclear fuel in southeastern New Mexico as officials announce plans to pursue the ...
- Sellafield nuclear waste site to close due to coronaviruson March 18, 2020 at 10:39 am
Britain’s nuclear waste site will shut its reprocessing plant at Sellafield after more than 8% of its staff began self-isolating to prevent the spread of the coronavirus. The controlled shutdown of ...
- At Hanford, Experts and Community Members Weigh In on Nuclear Waste Disposalon March 17, 2020 at 11:30 pm
Today, Hanford is the nation’s most complex nuclear cleanup challenge, with numerous sources of environmental contamination. 56 million gallons of highly radioactive and hazardous chemical waste are ...
- Nuclear waste storage facility near Carlsbad gets federal approval, despite concernson March 12, 2020 at 2:13 pm
The facility would hold spent nuclear fuel rods “temporarily” from generator sites across the country, as a permanent repository is developed.
Go deeper with Google Headlines on:
Go deeper with Bing News on:
- Lightbridge Corp (LTBR) CEO Seth Grae on Q4 2019 Results - Earnings Call Transcripton March 18, 2020 at 8:48 pm
We also intend to begin the initial phase of demonstration of our fuel manufacturing technology, not with surrogate material as we already have done, but with depleted uranium. I'll now turn the call ...
- depleted uraniumon March 4, 2020 at 4:00 pm
These consist of roughly 3% waste isotopes, 1% plutonium isotopes, and 96% uranium isotopes. This waste is high in transuranic elements, which have half-lives measured in many thousands of years.
- TerraPower’s Nuclear Reactor Is Like Witchcrafton March 4, 2020 at 10:13 am
This is a conventional LWR-The Callaway Power Plant in Fulton, MO (Source) Remember all that depleted uranium I was talking about before? With a traveling wave reactor, we use the seemingly ...
- What are the Legal Issues Surrounding the Use of Depleted Uranium in Syria and Iraq?on March 3, 2020 at 4:00 pm
Just Security is based at the Reiss Center on Law and Security at New York University School of Law.
- Letter: Don’t allow depleted uranium in Utahon February 29, 2020 at 5:03 am
This can be through many different ways, one of which is depleted uranium. Currently at the state level there is a bill disguised as a land preservation bill that would allow for the taxing of DU.