The Latest Updates from Bing News & Google News
Go deeper with Bing News on:
- Are Smaller Aircraft Carriers A Waste of Time?on November 28, 2020 at 1:28 am
Smaller carriers are certainly doable. However, they can fly fewer missions and come with fewer defenses. The bottom line of a new study on U.S. aircraft carriers: you can't get something for nothing.
- China's First Domestically Made Nuclear Reactor Goes Onlineon November 28, 2020 at 12:50 am
China has powered up its first domestically developed nuclear reactor -- the Hualong One -- a significant step in Beijing's attempts to become less dependent on Western allies for energy security and ...
- Main emissions stack at Pilgrim Nuclear Power Station set to come downon November 27, 2020 at 5:22 pm
Reactor vessel, outbuildings and wind tower dismantled, radioactive spent fuel stored as decommissioning continues at Pilgrim Nuclear Power Station.
- Finland’s Spent Fuel Repository a "Game Changer" for the Nuclear Industry, Director General Grossi Sayson November 27, 2020 at 1:07 am
Finland's Onkalo, the world’s first ever deep geological repository for spent fuel, is a "game changer" in the words of IAEA Director General Grossi, who visited the place today, 26 November 2020.
- Nuclear a source of clean energy, waste still a problem to be solvedon November 26, 2020 at 6:11 pm
Ontario needs clean energy and while nuclear power is a source of clean energy, it remains a divisive issue. Currently, nuclear provides 60 percent ...
Go deeper with Google Headlines on:
Go deeper with Bing News on:
- Horrific: Birth Defects, Cancer Rates Tied to U.S. Use of Depleted Uranium in Iraqon November 25, 2020 at 4:00 pm
It's also one that has been under-covered and under-investigated by the mainstream corporate media. The use of depleted uranium, a byproduct of the nuclear power industry, in U.S. weaponry is believed ...
- Engage Tinfoil Hat: Samsung Note 7 Battery Theoryon November 25, 2020 at 4:00 pm
These centrifuges are super-precise; they need to be in order to separate isotopes into depleted uranium and enriched uranium. The process involves software that continually tweaks the balance of ...
- Alternative Uses For Nuclear Wasteon November 24, 2020 at 4:00 pm
A cutaway drawing of a typical depleted uranium anti-tank munition. Another major byproduct of the nuclear power industry is depleted uranium. This is the uranium left over after the enrichment ...
- DOE site's DUF6 conversion project marks milestoneon November 12, 2020 at 9:15 pm
The depleted uranium hexafluoride (DUF6) conversion project at the U.S. Department of Energy’s Paducah site marked an important milestone recently, with the first shipment of depleted uranium oxide to ...
- Navy to phase out depleted uraniumon November 3, 2020 at 4:00 pm
The Royal Navy is phasing out depleted uranium ammunition used on some of its warships after the American manufacturers stopped producing the shells over safety concerns, it emerged today.