“The koala, red goshawk, matted flax-lily and purple clover are more efficient umbrella species, yet none of these appear on the existing federal government priority species list.”
The University of Queensland
The Latest Updates from Bing News & Google News
Go deeper with Bing News on:
- Cost-effective conservation: Study identifies key ‘umbrella’ specieson January 14, 2020 at 7:35 am
A new study has found that incorporating threats, actions and costs into the selection of priority species for conservation can markedly increase the efficiency of these efforts. The researchers ...
- Monumental Improvement in Conservation Possible With New ‘Umbrella’ Specieson January 11, 2020 at 4:29 am
The protection of Australia’s threatened species could be improved by a factor of seven, if more efficient ‘umbrella’ species were prioritized for protection, according to University of Queensland ...
- One Umbrella Bird Can Save Fifteen Other Endangered Specieson January 8, 2020 at 10:53 am
However, the frantic pace of the sixth great mass extinction in Earth's history could be slowed substantially if we focus on so-called umbrella species, whose preservation will save many others.
- Focus on new ‘umbrella’ species could save more Aussie animalson January 8, 2020 at 6:12 am
The Australian government could improve conservation of threatened species by a factor of seven if it prioritized more efficient “umbrella” species for protection, according to new research.
- New ‘Umbrella’ Species Would Massively Improve Conservationon January 7, 2020 at 6:29 am
The protection of Australia’s threatened species could be improved by a factor of seven, if more efficient ‘umbrella’ species were prioritised for protection, according to University of Queensland ...
Go deeper with Google Headlines on:
Go deeper with Bing News on:
Species extinction crisis
- How a roadside post is saving kangaroos from extinction after one BILLION animals were killed during Australia's bushfire crisison January 23, 2020 at 3:17 pm
A simple fence post is saving kangaroos and other Australian wildlife from extinction after one billion animals were killed during the bushfire crisis. Marketing Consultant Christine Pitcher praised ...
- Koalas face extinction after bushfire crisison January 22, 2020 at 6:33 pm
World Wildlife Fund Australia (WWF) says koalas are facing imminent extinction due to extreme weather conditions currently plaguing the country. As many as 100 species of plants and ... were being ...
- Scientists Fear Platypuses Could Go Extinct Due Droughts in Australia, Study Findson January 22, 2020 at 12:35 pm
RELATED: Ecologists Worry Wildlife Has a ‘Bleak Future’ as Australia Fires Propel Extinction Crisis As the Australia wildfires continue to plague the country, ecologists fear that several more animals ...
- Overhaul of Paper, Textile Industries Can Halt Climate, Extinction Crisis in a Decadeon January 22, 2020 at 11:38 am
It has been developed in response to the climate crisis and extinction crisis threatening thousands of species worldwide. “This is an action plan to shift global production of pulp, paper, packaging ...
- Climate crisis and land clearing pushes platypus to the brink of extinctionon January 22, 2020 at 4:22 am
This new study, published to the journal Biological Conservation, looked at the potentially deadly combination of water resource development, land clearing, the climate crisis ... extinction of local ...