“The koala, red goshawk, matted flax-lily and purple clover are more efficient umbrella species, yet none of these appear on the existing federal government priority species list.”
The University of Queensland
The Latest Updates from Bing News & Google News
Go deeper with Bing News on:
- Dire warnings as Rome's iconic umbrella pines at risk of being wiped out by alien bugon November 28, 2020 at 4:27 am
But the city’s iconic umbrella pines, which cast welcome pools of shade across cobbled streets in summer and provide a stage for the metallic rasping of countless cicadas, are in mortal peril. An ...
- This Boston Mushroom Hunter Is Reclaiming The Forest And Teaching Food Autonomyon November 20, 2020 at 3:15 am
Maria Pinto leads groups of young Black and brown people into the forests of Greater Boston to forage for fungi.
- Dark Horse Reveals Witcher, Cyberpunk 2077, and Umbrella Academy Environmentally Friendly Collector Water Bottles (Exclusive)on November 18, 2020 at 4:49 pm
If you've been looking for a way to help lessen your impact on the environment while also looking spiffy and representing some of your favorite franchises, Dark Horse has the perfect item for you.
- The animal species imperiled by Trump's war on the environmenton October 20, 2020 at 4:43 am
a bird known for its mating dance and is considered an “umbrella species” – a bellwether for the health of many other species. Sage – grouse once numbered as high as 16 million across the ...
- Red-cockaded Woodpecker Is Latest Endangered Species Act Successon September 25, 2020 at 10:31 am
endangered species director at the Center for Biological Diversity. “The woodpecker is a fantastic umbrella species whose recovery benefits hundreds of other plants and animals across the Southeast.
Go deeper with Google Headlines on:
Go deeper with Bing News on:
Species extinction crisis
- 102 Fraser River estuary species at risk of extinction, researchers warnon November 25, 2020 at 4:00 pm
More than 100 animal species in the Fraser River estuary, the largest on the Pacific coast of North America, could face extinction within a couple of ...
- Barron '74 establishes Biodiversity Research Challenge Fundon November 25, 2020 at 2:45 pm
The University recently announced the establishment of the Thomas A. and Currie C. Barron Family Biodiversity Research Challenge Fund to support environmental research on biodiversity.
- Ecologist Carl Safina says we need to listen to animals. Seriouslyon November 25, 2020 at 12:04 pm
On CNET's I'm So Obsessed podcast, the noted animal researcher tells us what culture means to animals -- and why it matters to the future of the planet.
- Climate Change Likely Caused Early Human Species Extinctionon November 25, 2020 at 10:46 am
Early human species—like the neanderthals—likely went extinct because of their inability to adapt to warming or cooling temperatures, according to a recent study reported in the journal One Earth. The ...
- How to prepare kids for the climate crisis? Cara Hoffman’s books might help.on November 23, 2020 at 12:32 pm
She has written for all ages, from young adults books to her award-winning novels for adults, like So Much Pretty (2011). She released her first children’s book, Bernard Pepperlin, last year. I wanted ...