This photograph shows green photosynthetic cyanobacteria growing and mineralizing in the sand-hydrogel framework. The living material has similar strength to cement-base mortar.
College of Engineering and Applied Science at Colorado University Boulder
The Latest Updates from Bing News & Google News
Go deeper with Bing News on:
- Violent sex offender faces new charges for living with minoron February 23, 2020 at 4:56 am
The minor told police she was 17-years-old and had been living with Roeper for weeks. Roeper was arrested and is not eligible for release at this time. Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All ...
- Global Connected Living Room Market Make Great Impact In Near Future By 2029| Netflix Inc, Google Inc and Apple Incon February 23, 2020 at 1:56 am
Global Connected Living Room Market (Revenue and Volume), Type, Application, End-User, and Regional Analysis, Import-Export Analysis, Industry Analysis, Premium Insights, Intellectual Property ...
- University of Toronto lab turns McDonald's cooking oil into 3D printing materialon February 21, 2020 at 12:55 pm
A laboratory at the University of Toronto turned McDonald’s cooking oil into 3D printer ink, to offset the costly operation of their printer.
- The stiffness of living tissues and its implications for tissue engineeringon February 21, 2020 at 8:04 am
This Review gathers together the most important data on the stiffness of living tissues and discusses the intricacies of tissue stiffness from a materials perspective, highlighting the main challenges ...
- Southern Living Hotel project secures $2.75M loanon February 21, 2020 at 5:11 am
The Southern Living-branded hotel in Tuscaloosa has taken a key step forward. SLH Tuscaloosa LLC has closed on a $2.75 million loan from New Jersey lender Kennedy Funding. The entity will use proceeds ...
Go deeper with Google Headlines on:
Go deeper with Bing News on:
Green living material
- Biophilic design brings the outdoors inside, from natural wood and stones to living wallson February 23, 2020 at 4:00 am
“It isn’t necessarily more expensive,” Tseng says. “On higher-end projects, a green, living wall could cost $250 per square foot, but so could a feature-wall with extravagant materials. On ...
- Stepping into the Green Bridge House in PJ will show you a 'surprise of space'. Here's how.on February 22, 2020 at 4:12 pm
“We like to use a small palette of simple materials for all our projects as this emphasises the spaces ... “The house was designed to create privacy from the road and adjacent houses while opening up ...
- Are 3D printed, flat-pack hotels the future of green tourism?on February 21, 2020 at 9:00 am
The lightweight, flat-pack approach will cut building costs and intends to contribute to the hotel group’s green credentials, as local carpenters and sustainable materials will be ... He tells ...
- In ‘living materials,’ microbes are makerson February 20, 2020 at 11:27 am
Engineered microbes tailormade this biofilm (green), shown on a glass bead. The bricks in Wil Srubar's lab at the ... Split one brick, and in a matter of hours you will have two. Engineered living ...
- From ‘living’ cement to medicine-delivering biofilms, biologists remake the material worldon February 19, 2020 at 8:58 pm
Engineered microbes tailor-made this biofilm (green), shown on a glass bead. By Robert F ... Split one brick, and in a matter of hours you will have two. Engineered living materials (ELM) are designed ...