This photograph shows green photosynthetic cyanobacteria growing and mineralizing in the sand-hydrogel framework. The living material has similar strength to cement-base mortar.
College of Engineering and Applied Science at Colorado University Boulder
The Latest Updates from Bing News & Google News
Go deeper with Bing News on:
- Refugees From Ethiopia Conflict Scratch A Living In Sudanon November 27, 2020 at 7:17 am
Ten-year-old Samarwat Tkhal fled fighting in Ethiopia's Tigray region this month -- now she sells food to survive, among tens of thousands of fellow refugees building a new life in neighbouring Sudan.
- How Will Co-living Survive the Pandemic?on November 27, 2020 at 5:35 am
The coronavirus drove vacancies up in co-living buildings, but companies are offering rent deals and flexible leases to bring demand back.
- Spent Rockets Are Dangerous Space Trash, but They Could Be the Future of Living and Working in Orbiton November 27, 2020 at 3:11 am
If the objects had crashed, the impact would have blown them to bits and created thousands of new pieces of dangerous space debris. Only a few days prior, the European Space Agency had published its ...
- Outstanding Korean Products Introduced on TradeKorea Webpage - Home & Livingon November 27, 2020 at 2:24 am
Korea International Trade Association (KITA) and the Ministry of SMEs and Startups (MSS) announced that they have prepared an online exhibition of outstanding Made-In-Korea products on Tradekorea.com.
- OSS spy agency veteran, at 99, keeps living life ‘as an adventure’on November 26, 2020 at 3:49 pm
In the now-declassified OSS “War Report,” the secret to success during World War II in the spy agency was the “few individuals” who combined guile and guts to get results.
Go deeper with Google Headlines on:
Go deeper with Bing News on:
Green living material
- Philip Green’s Arcadia Mulls Administration in Bid for Survivalon November 27, 2020 at 6:12 pm
Arcadia Group, the retail empire controlled by Philip Green is likely to file for administration in the U.K. as early as next week, putting 13,000 jobs at risk.
- Taylor Guitars Take On a Shade of Greenon November 27, 2020 at 7:07 am
The California-based company is using wood sourced from cities in the state to produce a more eco-conscious instrument.
- Climate change and green issues are important topics to dwell on when taking a gentle stroll.on November 26, 2020 at 2:00 pm
But what do green issues and climate change mean to you? Alternate Green Energy. A wider acceptance of alternative energy sources depends primarily on renewable technologies and t ...
- Memorial Green Custom Homes Combine Luxury Single-Family Urban Homes in an Exclusive Gated Community with a Lock-and-Leave Lifestyleon November 23, 2020 at 3:38 am
Memorial Green custom homes are under development around a central park area and plenty of green spaces. Within an exclusive gated community, the single-family homes range in size from 2,500 sq ft to ...
- Green Builder Media Joins Forces with Building Industry Luminary Sam Rashkin to Launch Housing 2.0on November 21, 2020 at 7:30 am
Green Builder Media has joined forces with architect and building science expert Sam Rashkin, longtime housing industry influencer and author of Retooling the U.S. Housing Industry, to develop and ...