The top image shows a knee joint in a healthy rat. (White indicates cartilage.) The second image from top shows a joint with grade 2 untreated osteoarthritis. The third image shows a joint with osteoarthritis that has worsened from grade 2 to grade 4 after six weeks of placebo therapy. The bottom image shows a joint with osteoarthritis that improved from grade 2 to grade 1 (mild) after six weeks of combination therapy with alphaKlotho and sTGFbR2.
Credit: Salk Institute
The Latest Updates from Bing News & Google News
Go deeper with Bing News on:
- A hard fall unmasked an unusual condition that had caused her pain for yearson February 22, 2020 at 8:00 am
She had undergone a slew of scans, plus painful biopsies of her hip bones. Her doctors had prescribed cortisone injections and months of physical therapy to treat what most concluded was ...
- Roundtable on Orthopedic Medicineon February 21, 2020 at 1:07 pm
Substituting a needle for a knife, he embarked on a new career in the emerging specialty of regenerative medicine, helping patients with osteoarthritis postpone and sometimes avoid joint replacements.
- Pulsed Electromagnetic Field Therapy Devices Market Set to Record Exponential Growth by 2027on February 21, 2020 at 10:36 am
Additionally, these are used to treat bone related conditions, injuries, and pain. Moreover, PEMF therapy is used to treat cervical osteoarthritis, knee osteoarthritis, and chronic lower back pain.
- Ampio Provides Corporate Updateon February 21, 2020 at 3:30 am
ENGLEWOOD, Colo., Feb. 21, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- Ampio Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NYSE:AMPE) a development stage biopharmaceutical company, executing a Special Protocol Assessment ("SPA") Phase III ...
- At a CAGR of 7.6%|Global Osteoarthritis Treatment Market: Industry Development Scenario and Forecast to 2023on February 20, 2020 at 11:56 pm
The global osteoarthritis treatment market is segmented into medications such as acetaminophen and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory. Among these segments, acetaminophen segment is expected to occupy ...
Go deeper with Google Headlines on:
Go deeper with Bing News on:
- Mayo clinic minute: Reversing versus preventing heart diseaseon February 14, 2020 at 12:52 am
"The heart disease you can reverse is the narrowing of the arteries in the heart," says Dr. Kopecky ... It also helps reduce Alzheimer's disease, almost all cancers and arthritis. A lot of good things ...
- Reversing Versus Preventing Heart Disease (Video)on February 12, 2020 at 7:36 pm
“The heart disease you can reverse is the narrowing of the arteries in the heart,” says Dr. Kopecky ... It also helps reduce Alzheimer’s disease, almost all cancers and arthritis. A lot of good things ...
- Mogrify Awarded $1.1M Additional Funding from SBRI Healthcareon February 10, 2020 at 12:55 pm
and an in vivo reprograming therapy to reverse the pathophysiology of osteoarthritis. The Phase II funding from SBRI will be used to progress these cell conversions through pre-clinical safety and ...
- Pet Subjects: Could CBD oil help treat my dog's arthritis?on February 10, 2020 at 4:00 am
Arthritis is one of the most common and debilitating conditions to affect older dogs ... What could cause her to change her behaviour and how do we reverse it? Cats need to feel safe and secure when ...
- Effects of tetrahedral framework nucleic acid/wogonin complexes on osteoarthritison February 9, 2020 at 11:50 pm
Osteoarthritis, a disorder characterized by articular cartilage deterioration, varying degrees of inflammation, and chondrocyte apoptosis, is the most common chronic joint disease. To slow or reverse ...