- DGIST Senior Researcher Changsoon Choi’s team developed single-layer graphene based multifunctional transparent devices
- Expected to be used in various devices such as electronics and skin-attachable devices with power generation and self-charging capability
Various use of electronics and skin-attachable devices are expected with the development of transparent battery that can both generate and store power. DGIST (President Young Kuk) announced on Tuesday, April 23 that Senior Researcher Changsoon Choi’s team in the Smart Textile Research Group developed film-type graphene based multifunctional transparent energy devices.
Senior Researcher Changsoon Choi’s team actively used ‘single-layered graphene film’ as electrodes in order to develop transparent devices. Due to its excellent electrical conductivity and light and thin characteristics, single-layered graphene film is perfect for electronics that require batteries. By using high-molecule nano-mat that contains semisolid electrolyte, the research team succeeded in increasing transparency (maximum of 77.4%) to see landscape and letters clearly.
Furthermore, the research team designed structure for electronic devices to be self-charging and storing by inserting energy storage panel inside the upper layer of power devices and energy conversion panel inside the lower panel. They even succeeded in manufacturing electronics with touch-sensing systems by adding a touch sensor right below the energy storage panel of the upper layer.
Senior Researcher Changsoon Choi in the Smart Textile Research Group, the co-author of this paper, said that “We decided to start this research because we were amazed by transparent smartphones appearing in movies. While there are still long ways to go for commercialization due to high production costs, we will do our best to advance this technology further as we made this success in the transparent energy storage field that has not had any visible research performances.”
The Latest on: Transparent devices
via Google News
The Latest on: Transparent devices
- iPhone 13 in trouble! Samsung adds another INSANE Galaxy phone to its line-upon November 28, 2020 at 12:30 am
Samsung is continuing to work on futuristic smartphone form factors, with the latest report suggesting a handset with a completely surround display is on the way.Devices with surround display boast a ...
- Medical Devices Daily: Updates on New Research, Patent Filings, and FDA Regulatory Issues and Approvals - ResearchAndMarkets.comon November 27, 2020 at 5:02 am
Updates on New Research, Patent Filings, and FDA Regulatory Issues and Approvals - ResearchAndMarkets.com The “Medical Devices Daily” newsletter has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
- Galaxy transparent smartphone patent leaked and WOW?on November 24, 2020 at 6:07 am
If you assumed the foldable phone ambitions of Samsung were quirky, after patents appeared proposing a galaxy transparent smartphone ...
- Banned Zwift racer issues statement of defense: ‘I have always been a transparent athlete’on November 22, 2020 at 12:34 pm
Lizi Duncombe claims complications around power files led to her being handed six-month ban for violation of data recording and reporting standards.
- Transparent Conductive Films (TCF) Market Insights and Global Outlook During 2020 to 2025 Along With Covid-19 Impact Analysison November 22, 2020 at 12:09 am
MarketInsightsReport has published a report titled Global Transparent Conductive Films TCF Market research report 2020 that is a detailed observation of several aspects including the rate of growth ...
- U.S. Rep. Carter: Checking for ‘voting irregularities’ about ‘free, fair and transparent elections’on November 21, 2020 at 5:59 am
The following is an excerpt from a recent "The Commute" podcast discussion featuring Congressman Buddy Carter. Comments have been condensed in ...
- This company says it makes the first FDA-approved transparent face mask and has sold more than 12.5 million since April — see why it's become so popularon November 21, 2020 at 4:56 am
September, ClearMask's website averaged about 2.5 million page views as demand for masks, especially transparent ones, continued to rise.
- Panasonic teases transparent OLED display ahead of global December launchon November 20, 2020 at 11:41 am
Panasonic has its answer to the Mi TV Lux, the Transparent OLED Display Module. The device will begin shipping from next month and will be available in two models. One of these contains a special ...
- Solar device that takes pressure off doctorson November 20, 2020 at 8:42 am
US engineers have found that by integrating a transparent, cloud-like aerogel into a solar heater they can efficiently trap solar energy to generate steam that is hot enough and at high enough ...
- Solar device can sterilize medical tools in off-grid areas without the need for electricityon November 18, 2020 at 8:02 am
Autoclaves, the devices used to sterilize medical tools in hospitals, clinics, and doctors' and dentists' offices, require a steady supply of pressurized steam at a temperature of about 125 degrees ...
via Bing News