- DGIST Senior Researcher Changsoon Choi’s team developed single-layer graphene based multifunctional transparent devices
- Expected to be used in various devices such as electronics and skin-attachable devices with power generation and self-charging capability
Various use of electronics and skin-attachable devices are expected with the development of transparent battery that can both generate and store power. DGIST (President Young Kuk) announced on Tuesday, April 23 that Senior Researcher Changsoon Choi’s team in the Smart Textile Research Group developed film-type graphene based multifunctional transparent energy devices.
Senior Researcher Changsoon Choi’s team actively used ‘single-layered graphene film’ as electrodes in order to develop transparent devices. Due to its excellent electrical conductivity and light and thin characteristics, single-layered graphene film is perfect for electronics that require batteries. By using high-molecule nano-mat that contains semisolid electrolyte, the research team succeeded in increasing transparency (maximum of 77.4%) to see landscape and letters clearly.
Furthermore, the research team designed structure for electronic devices to be self-charging and storing by inserting energy storage panel inside the upper layer of power devices and energy conversion panel inside the lower panel. They even succeeded in manufacturing electronics with touch-sensing systems by adding a touch sensor right below the energy storage panel of the upper layer.
Senior Researcher Changsoon Choi in the Smart Textile Research Group, the co-author of this paper, said that “We decided to start this research because we were amazed by transparent smartphones appearing in movies. While there are still long ways to go for commercialization due to high production costs, we will do our best to advance this technology further as we made this success in the transparent energy storage field that has not had any visible research performances.”
The Latest on: Transparent devices
via Google News
The Latest on: Transparent devices
- Italian business makes transparent face maskson May 26, 2020 at 8:12 am
A toothy grin with a stranger, a smile to a paying customer. In Italy, fashion company Dienpi is adding good vibes to safety, with their new smile-friendly surgical masks. What began worldwide as an ...
- Bigbang Core launches HUAWEI CLOUD, IoT device on-chain manual serviceon May 25, 2020 at 7:30 am
The rapid development of computer technology and the Internet has brought about the era of electronic payment systems and ...
- Nubia Red Magic Transparent Edition available for pre-ordering in Chinaon May 21, 2020 at 12:53 pm
At a glance; The Nubia Red Magic 5G Transparent Edition has an edge-to-edge screen with ultra-slim bezels on top and bottom. On the rear, it houses a triple ca ...
- Garmin’s Quatix 6X uses transparent solar panel to hit 24 days of battery lifeon May 21, 2020 at 4:05 am
Garmin has unveiled a new smartwatch. The Garmi Quatix 6X is a follow-up to the original Quatix 6, but has an in-display solar panel to extend the battery life.
- Oppo to launch the Ace2 EVA Transparent Edition based on the iconic Anime series Neon Genesis Evangelionon May 20, 2020 at 11:51 pm
Earlier today (21st May 2020), an upcoming Oppo Ace2 special edition was spotted again on Weibo, a Chinese microblogging website. The device was the Ace2 EVA Transparent Edition, which is based on the ...
- Global Contraceptive Devices Marketon May 18, 2020 at 6:36 am
Global Contraceptive Devices Market report is the perfect to create sustainable and profitable business strategies by using valuable and actionable market insights Market research analysis and data ...
- Children Hold Devices Too Close,on May 17, 2020 at 7:49 am
As rates of myopia increase around the world, investigators hunt for explanations and whether chronic hyperopic defocus is in play and whether too much time spent indoors is altering eye development.
- How cool would it be if every phone was transparent like this Redmi K30 Pro?on May 15, 2020 at 2:07 pm
Redmi K30 Pro on Twitter, and it looks stunning. Unfortunately, it doesn’t seem like this transparent phone will ever be made available to the public. It’s unlikely that we’ll ever get to play with ...
- Designing Stretchable Devices and Displays with Transparent Electrodeson May 14, 2020 at 8:10 pm
Researchers from the Korea Institute of Science and Technology (KIST) have developed a process for the fabrication of large-area, highly transparent, and stretchable electrodes from silver nanowires.
- Researchers develop large-scale stretchable and transparent electrodeson May 6, 2020 at 6:43 am
Transparent electrodes, through which electricity flows, are essential for solar cell- and touchscreen-based display devices. The indium tin oxide (ITO)-based transparent electrode is the one ...
via Bing News