- DGIST Senior Researcher Changsoon Choi’s team developed single-layer graphene based multifunctional transparent devices
- Expected to be used in various devices such as electronics and skin-attachable devices with power generation and self-charging capability
Various use of electronics and skin-attachable devices are expected with the development of transparent battery that can both generate and store power. DGIST (President Young Kuk) announced on Tuesday, April 23 that Senior Researcher Changsoon Choi’s team in the Smart Textile Research Group developed film-type graphene based multifunctional transparent energy devices.
Senior Researcher Changsoon Choi’s team actively used ‘single-layered graphene film’ as electrodes in order to develop transparent devices. Due to its excellent electrical conductivity and light and thin characteristics, single-layered graphene film is perfect for electronics that require batteries. By using high-molecule nano-mat that contains semisolid electrolyte, the research team succeeded in increasing transparency (maximum of 77.4%) to see landscape and letters clearly.
Furthermore, the research team designed structure for electronic devices to be self-charging and storing by inserting energy storage panel inside the upper layer of power devices and energy conversion panel inside the lower panel. They even succeeded in manufacturing electronics with touch-sensing systems by adding a touch sensor right below the energy storage panel of the upper layer.
Senior Researcher Changsoon Choi in the Smart Textile Research Group, the co-author of this paper, said that “We decided to start this research because we were amazed by transparent smartphones appearing in movies. While there are still long ways to go for commercialization due to high production costs, we will do our best to advance this technology further as we made this success in the transparent energy storage field that has not had any visible research performances.”
The Latest on: Transparent devices
via Google News
The Latest on: Transparent devices
- AV News to Know: New Products, Cool Projects and People in New Placeson September 6, 2019 at 11:24 am
The AVIXA-accredited Kramer Academy, launched at the end of 2018, has now developed a multilingual AV/IT educational platform with training on demand, which can be easily accessed from anywhere around ...
- First look: Panasonic Transparent OLED TVon September 5, 2019 at 11:40 am
Transparent displays are by no means a new concept - Samsung ... you all the breaking news and hands-on first impressions of new TVs, wearables and other devices as they're announced.
- Panasonic Transparent OLED TV will launch in 2020on September 5, 2019 at 9:04 am
with the purpose of demonstrating “how new technologies can be used to seamlessly integrate audiovisual devices into our living space.” It’s a concept LG and Samsung has been dabbling with in recent ...
- Global Transparent Display Market Analysis 2019 – Dynamics, Trends, Revenue, Regional Segmented, Outlook & Forecast Till 2023on September 5, 2019 at 1:31 am
Transparent display technology has set its roots deep into the consumer industry, which comprises of television displays, handheld devices, and building material like glass. The Transparent displays ...
- The transparent glass smart thermostat that makes Nest look like a cheap toy is discounted on Amazonon September 3, 2019 at 11:56 am
When people think of smart thermostats, devices like the Nest Learning Thermostat ... That piece of glass is actually a transparent OLED display, making this one of the coolest smart gadgets ...
- Body cam demo highlights technology of deviceson August 31, 2019 at 12:01 am
asked John Watson, Midwest sales manager for BodyWorn. “Let the system work for you. How much more accountable, how much more transparent can you get when the officer doesn’t even have to turn the ...
- LG Focuses On India’s Retail With New Technology-Driven Deviceson August 28, 2019 at 5:19 am
It supports devices based on Android, Mac ... easy control centre and seamless toolbar. LG Transparent OLED signage55EW5F illuminates spaces that once were hidden away behind the display, completely ...
- IEC Confirms Malfunction In Biometric Devices As Polls Loomon August 27, 2019 at 9:29 am
The use of biometric devices has been mentioned in the election law in order to ensure a transparent and fair election. Election observers said the biometric devices purchased from Germany are “not ...
- Investigator on Prince Andrew's latest denial in Epstein saga, 'so transparent that they're backpedaling'on August 26, 2019 at 8:48 am
I find it so transparent that they're backpedaling in such an absolute ... Fox Nation programs are viewable on-demand and from your mobile device app, but only for Fox Nation subscribers. Go to Fox ...
- Critics See Uncertainty On Use Of Biometric Devices In Electionon August 26, 2019 at 8:12 am
“The election commission has wasted the time while we had the opportunity to identify that which device can be helpful for Afghanistan,” said Sughra Saadat, member of Transparent Election Foundation ...
via Bing News