- DGIST Senior Researcher Changsoon Choi’s team developed single-layer graphene based multifunctional transparent devices
- Expected to be used in various devices such as electronics and skin-attachable devices with power generation and self-charging capability
Various use of electronics and skin-attachable devices are expected with the development of transparent battery that can both generate and store power. DGIST (President Young Kuk) announced on Tuesday, April 23 that Senior Researcher Changsoon Choi’s team in the Smart Textile Research Group developed film-type graphene based multifunctional transparent energy devices.
Senior Researcher Changsoon Choi’s team actively used ‘single-layered graphene film’ as electrodes in order to develop transparent devices. Due to its excellent electrical conductivity and light and thin characteristics, single-layered graphene film is perfect for electronics that require batteries. By using high-molecule nano-mat that contains semisolid electrolyte, the research team succeeded in increasing transparency (maximum of 77.4%) to see landscape and letters clearly.
Furthermore, the research team designed structure for electronic devices to be self-charging and storing by inserting energy storage panel inside the upper layer of power devices and energy conversion panel inside the lower panel. They even succeeded in manufacturing electronics with touch-sensing systems by adding a touch sensor right below the energy storage panel of the upper layer.
Senior Researcher Changsoon Choi in the Smart Textile Research Group, the co-author of this paper, said that “We decided to start this research because we were amazed by transparent smartphones appearing in movies. While there are still long ways to go for commercialization due to high production costs, we will do our best to advance this technology further as we made this success in the transparent energy storage field that has not had any visible research performances.”
The Latest on: Transparent devices
via Google News
The Latest on: Transparent devices
- Batteries as transparent as glass could power devices in your homeon November 16, 2019 at 12:13 am
the frame of life The Outer Worlds makes me want an AI-driven role-playing game We finally know the odds of winning a game of solitaire Don’t miss: Art confronts climate, a book on space junk, future ...
- Global Transparent Electronics Market Report 2019-2024: Projecting a CAGR of More Than 25% - ResearchAndMarkets.comon November 13, 2019 at 8:19 am
Solution-processable transparent PSCs have become a promising emerging technology for tandem solar cell applications to increase energy conversion efficiency. Key Highlights Growing penetration of ...
- Rational transparent conductor design provides a boost to carbon nanotubes applicationon November 13, 2019 at 6:53 am
What do you think about this particular story? Your feedback will go directly to Science X editors.
- Transparent Electronics Market Outlook to 2024: Transparent Displays, Transparent Solar Panels, Smart Windows & Other Productson November 13, 2019 at 6:09 am
Solution-processable transparent PSCs have become a promising emerging technology for tandem solar cell applications to increase energy conversion efficiency. Growing penetration of touch-enabled ...
- Some medical devices more dangerous than first thoughton November 11, 2019 at 7:34 pm
but many of those devices come with their own problems. In an effort to be more transparent, the FDA recently released more than six million never-before-seen reports turned in by manufacturers, but ...
- Spy agencies must be transparent about new data-crunching: Analyston November 11, 2019 at 4:10 pm
Spycraft is being revolutionized by the growing number of smart devices, almost-unlimited data storage and the advent of artificial intelligence, Hershkovitz told the association’s recent annual ...
- 3D Printed Medical Devices Market 2019 Global Analysis, Opportunities and Forecast to 2024on November 11, 2019 at 8:46 am
and chronic heart disorders has led to high demand for molds made of flexible and transparent materials. Moreover, increasing number of road and other accidents is also expected to boost growth of the ...
- Announcing OpenTitan, the First Transparent Silicon Root of Truston November 6, 2019 at 4:55 am
They can be used in a variety of devices: server motherboards, network cards ... we leverage the experience and security principles used to create Google’s Titan chips to make hardware root of trust ...
- Korea: 3D Printing Complex Transparent Displayson October 30, 2019 at 11:23 pm
our approach allows the printing of all components of the device and the mechanical frames in ambient air. This allows transparent OLED pixels to be embedded inside the freeform 3D architectures at ...
- C3Nano Patents Low-Reflectivity Flexible Transparent Conductorson October 30, 2019 at 4:06 pm
The new patent, number US 10,438,714, protects C3Nano’s composition of matter and process of producing transparent conductive display films that meet top-tier device makers’ requirements for off-state ...
via Bing News