Our lab aims to reverse glial scar back to normal neural tissue by gene delivery and/or chemical treatment.
Recently, We have discovered a cocktail of small molecules that can reprogram human brain astroglial cells into neuron-like cells after eight-to-ten days of chemical treatment.The small molecule induced neurons could survive for more than five months in cell culture, where they formed functional synaptic networks. When injected in the brains of living mice,the reprogrammed human neurons were integrated into the neural circuits and survived there for at least one month.
The new technology opens the door to the future development of drugs that patients with brain disorders could take as pills to regenerate neurons!
The Latest on: Gene delivery
via Google News
The Latest on: Gene delivery
- U.S. Coronavirus: Updated Chains Offering Free Food Deliveryon April 7, 2020 at 3:31 pm
Along with chains offering free delivery, included below is also a list of grocery delivery services operating in the United States.
- Genprex gene therapy candidate Oncoprex fast-tracking for non-small cell lung cancer treatmenton April 7, 2020 at 8:30 am
That’s a big advantage because the nanotechnology can be injected intravenously, so it goes through the whole body, as opposed to many traditional gene therapies using viral delivery systems that have ...
- Selective organ targeting (SORT) nanoparticles for tissue-specific mRNA delivery and CRISPR–Cas gene editingon April 6, 2020 at 8:22 am
The addition of selective organ targeting molecules to nanoparticles allows the specific targeting of extrahepatic tissues, enabling gene editing of distinct cell populations outside the liver.
- Evotec and Takeda Enter into Multi-Year Gene Therapy Research Allianceon April 5, 2020 at 10:47 pm
TAKEDA LEVERAGES EVOTEC'S NEW GENE THERAPY UNIT TO ACCELERATE RESEARCH PROGRAMMES ACROSS TAKEDA'S THERAPEUTIC AREAS MULTI-YEAR ALLIANCE FUELS EXPANSION OF EVOTEC GENE THERAPY ("EVOTEC GT") HAMBURG, ...
- Evotec Expands into Gene Therapyon April 5, 2020 at 10:14 pm
EVOTEC ESTABLISHES GENE THERAPY R&D SITE WITH MORE THAN 20 EXPERIENCED SCIENTISTS IN AUSTRIA BECOMING FULLY MODALITY AGNOSTIC WITH EXPANSION INTO THE FIELD OF GENE THERAPY CONFIRMS EVOTEC'S ROLE AS ...
- Tesla soars on delivery numbers -- company delivered 88,400 vehicles in Q1on April 2, 2020 at 8:34 pm
Executives also cautioned investors then, its first-quarter performance would be challenged by seasonality-- at the time, Tesla only expected the COVID-19 outbreak to delay production in China by less ...
- Gene & Georgetti reopens River North location for pickup and delivery service after fire in Octoberon March 31, 2020 at 8:03 am
It seems strange to announce a restaurant opening in these times, but Gene & Georgetti is back. The iconic steakhouse (500 N. Franklin St.), which has been in River North since 1941, was shuttered by ...
- Gene & Georgetti, Chicago’s Steakhouse Legend, Reopens for Carryout and Deliveryon March 31, 2020 at 7:14 am
Here’s some positive news on day 10 of the state’s stay-at-home order, a move that has closed non-essential businesses through April 7: Chicago icon Gene & Georgetti steakhouse resumes operations ...
- We’re staying home, but we can still taste the world through restaurant deliveryon March 27, 2020 at 5:06 am
In the not-so-distant past, I’d be as likely to order restaurant food from home as Mitch McConnell would be to ask Nancy Pelosi out for beers. Most nights meant reservations. On the rare evening I ...
via Bing News