Electronic textiles could allow a person to control household appliances or computers from a distance simply by touching a wristband or other item of clothing — something that could be particularly helpful for those with limited mobility.
Now researchers, reporting in ACS Nano, have developed a new type of e-textile that is self-powered, highly sensitive and washable.
The researchers made a self-powered triboelectric nanogenerator by depositing an electrode array of conductive carbon nanotubes on nylon fabric. To make the E-textile washable, they incorporated polyurethane into the carbon nanotube ink, which made the nanotubes firmly adhere to the fabric. They covered the array with a piece of silk and fashioned the textile into a wristband. When swiped with a finger in different patterns, the E-textile generated electrical signals that were coupled to computers to control programs, or to household objects to turn on lights, a fan or a microwave from across the room. The E-textile is breathable for human skin, washable and inexpensive to produce on a large scale, the researchers say.
The Latest on: E-textiles
via Google News
The Latest on: E-textiles
- IDTechEx Research Report Finds the Market for E-Textiles Will Reach Over $2bn per Year by 2028 on August 31, 2018 at 9:36 am
BOSTON, Aug. 31, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- We are in contact with textiles for up to 98 percent of our lives, and they are starting to become intelligent. Part of this revolution includes the integration o... […]
- IDTechEx Research Report Finds the Market for E-Textiles Will Reach Over $2bn per Year by 2028 on August 30, 2018 at 5:00 pm
We are in contact with textiles for up to 98 percent of our lives, and they are starting to become intelligent. Part of this revolution includes the integration of electronics and textiles. Electronic ... […]
- IPC Releases White Paper on Washability of E-Textiles on August 20, 2018 at 5:11 am
IPC’s D-70 E-Textiles Committee white paper IPC WP-024 focuses on reliability and washability of smart textile structures. The paper provides insights from team of researchers on e-textiles washabilit... […]
- E Textiles Market 2018 Top Companies 2022 - Bekaert, Laird, Seiren, 3M, Toray, Emei group, Metaline, 31HK on August 16, 2018 at 2:11 pm
This Report covers the Major Players' data, including: shipment, revenue, gross profit, interview record, business distribution etc., these data help the consumer know about the competitors better. Th... […]
- E-textiles to control home appliances on June 18, 2018 at 5:55 am
Too lazy to get up from the bed to switch off your TV or the oven in the kitchen? A new invention by Chinese researchers has a way out. Just swipe your finger on your wristband made from a new type of ... […]
- Graphene-based wearable e-textiles move closer to commercial production on December 18, 2017 at 4:00 pm
Demonstration of laboratory-scale pad-dry unit and illustration of the pad-dry unit process. Illustration by Daniel Wand. Credit: Karim et al. ©2017 American Chemical Society The market for e-textile ... […]
via Bing News