The sensor is light, flexible and inexpensive, with potential applications in health care, entertainment and robotics.
The technology, described in a paper published in January in the journal Advanced Materials Technologies, shows that by tearing tissue paper that’s loaded with nanocomposites and breaking the paper’s fibers, the paper acts as a sensor. It can detect a heartbeat, finger force, finger movement, eyeball movement and more.
These small, Band Aid-sized sensors could have a variety of applications in various fields. For example, monitoring a person’s gait or the movement of their eyes can be used to inspect brain function or a game player’s actions. The sensor could track how a special-needs child walks in a home test, sparing the child the need for hospital visits. Or the sensors could be used in occupational therapy for seniors.
The Latest on: Wearable sensor
via Google News
The Latest on: Wearable sensor
- How Energy Harvesting is Enabling New Possibilities for Medical Wearable Deviceson November 19, 2020 at 2:24 pm
Healthcare facilities and hospitals use connected IoT devices for a wide range of use cases, including giving wearable medical devices to patients as an easy way to monitor their from anywhere.
- Shimmer Research Wins 2020 Best of Sensors Award for its Verisense Wearable Sensing Platform Developed Specifically for Clinical Trialson November 19, 2020 at 12:12 pm
The Verisense platform provides complete, high quality, reproducible clinical trial data, while placing minimum burden on sponsors, CROs, site staff and participants Shimmer Research, a global leader ...
- Global wearable medical devices market size to reach USD 85.6 Billion by 2027on November 19, 2020 at 1:23 am
According to seasoned analysts, worldwide wearable medical devices market is projected to reach a valuation of USD 85.6 billion by the year 2027. Growing health consciousness among people owing to ...
- Wearable Sensors Market Analytical Overview, Growth Factors, Demand, Trends and Forecast to 2026on November 18, 2020 at 11:47 am
Global Wearable Sensors Market Report added by MarketstudyReport.com offers industry size, growth, trends and forecast analysis up to 2026. Wearable Sensors Market Report also covers top key players, ...
- ams Presents Advances in Lateral Flow Technology for Pandemic Control at Sensor Innovation Weekon November 17, 2020 at 9:03 am
(SIX: AMS), a leading worldwide supplier of high-performance sensor solutions, is driving efforts that will enable large-scale, fast, and highly reliable COVID-19 testing at the point of care (POC).
- New COVID tech is wearable and constantly tracks the weareron November 16, 2020 at 4:56 pm
They also caution that some wearable sensors could enable employers, colleges or law enforcement agencies to reconstruct people’s locations or social networks, chilling their ability to meet and speak ...
- Cornell stretchable sensor could redefine soft robotics and virtual realityon November 16, 2020 at 2:03 am
Cornell researchers have created a fiber-optic sensor utilizing inexpensive LEDs and dyes that resulted in a stretchable skin-like material able to detect deformations, including pressure, ...
- The Hot New Covid Tech Is Wearable and Constantly Tracks Youon November 15, 2020 at 10:08 pm
Sports leagues, large employers and colleges are turning to devices that could usher in more invasive forms of surveillance.
- This wearable sensor could survive washing machine, cars, and hammerson November 12, 2020 at 6:51 pm
Think about your favorite t-shirt, the one you have worn a hundred times, and all the abuse you’ve put it through. You have washed it more times than you can remember, spilled on it, stretched it, ...
- Wearable Sensor Market Forecast to 2027 – COVID-19 Impact and Regional Analysison November 11, 2020 at 1:31 am
The Global Wearable Sensor Market is segmented on the lines of its product, application and regional. Based on product ...
via Bing News