The self-modifying coating, which is a thousand times thinner than a human hair, works by automatically letting in more heat when it’s cold and blocking the sun’s rays when it’s hot.
Smart windows have the ability to naturally regulate temperatures inside a building, leading to major environmental benefits and significant financial savings. The breakthrough could help meet future energy needs and create temperature-responsive buildings.
Our technology will potentially cut the rising costs of air-conditioning and heating, as well as dramatically reduce the carbon footprint of buildings of all sizes.
Smart glass windows are about 70 per cent more energy efficient during summer and 45 per cent more efficient in the winter compared to standard dual-pane glass.
“Our coating doesn’t require energy and responds directly to changes in temperature.”
“This switch is similar to a dimmer and can be used to control the level of transparency on the window and therefore the intensity of lighting in a room,” Taha said. “This means users have total freedom to operate the smart windows on-demand.”
“The materials and technology are readily scalable to large area surfaces, with the underlying technology filed as a patent in Australia and the US,” she said.
Learn more: Clever coating opens door to smart windows
The Latest on: Smart windows
via Google News
The Latest on: Smart windows
- If you have one of these Roku devices or smart TVs, you’re losing access to Netflix on Sundayon November 29, 2019 at 11:39 am
The same goes for “select 2010 and 2011 Samsung Smart TV models that were sold in the U.S. and Canada,” but, once again, model numbers weren’t provided. The culprit behind this mass exodus of Netflix ...
- Chameleon cushions and hydroponic gardens: welcome to the smart home of the futureon November 29, 2019 at 7:36 am
Meanwhile, smart bathrooms may help to improve efficiency by generating power from toilet and shower wastewater, or even filtering it to make the home water self-sufficient. Buildings will be made ...
- A $22 Amazon Echo Dot is a no-brainer for Windows and Xbox fans this Black Fridayon November 29, 2019 at 4:15 am
Cortana never really panned out as a smart assistant away from Windows 10, following on from the death of the Kinect on Xbox. And while that's a shame, if you're a Windows or an Xbox fan there's no ...
- 'Can I stop burglars smashing my glass patio door?' Security experts answer five of YOUR home safety questions and whether smart tech could helpon November 29, 2019 at 4:03 am
Sash jammers provide additional home security for PVC windows and doors. They comes with a handle that pivots and is secured ... if you have any doubts it could be worth hiring a professional to help.
- Smart Watches Market 2019 Overview, Latest Analysis and Future Forecast By 2025 – Market Research Engineon November 26, 2019 at 7:43 pm
The Smartwatch market share is segmented based on operating systems as Android, IOS, Windows, Others. The Smartwatch market share geographic segmentation ... This report provides: 1) An overview of ...
- Huawei MateBook D duo announced, alongside Smart Screen TVs and Sound X speakeron November 26, 2019 at 12:08 pm
The software front is covered by Windows 10 but there’s also a version that boots Linux for those who prefer ... Taking the screen size up several notches, we have the 65 and 75-inch Huawei Smart ...
- SimpliSafe knocks 50% off of all smart home security alarm system priceson November 25, 2019 at 2:09 pm
Whether you’re beefing up your existing smart home network with a 24/7 alarm system or taking your first step with ... The Knox lacks some of the variety and individual sensors of the Heaven but adds ...
- Last Tango for the pedestrian? To have smart cities, first turn our mean streets into meaningful oneson November 25, 2019 at 12:30 pm
The smart green street design dangles the promise of ‘public places which provide room for sociocultural interaction and allow people to experience a city intimately’. As of now, the interaction is ...
- Reduce your carbon footprint with these 7 smart home deviceson November 25, 2019 at 6:11 am
Smart thermostats help you conserve the most ... and play areas where lights are often mistakenly left on. Sensors on windows and doors alert you when they’re left open — saving on heat ...
- 5 ways to save on your heating bill using your smart thermostaton November 20, 2019 at 2:49 pm
Using a smart thermostat is a great step toward saving money on your heating bills this ... To save the most money, it’s best to have your thermostat away from doors and windows. Also, be sure it’s ...
via Bing News