The self-modifying coating, which is a thousand times thinner than a human hair, works by automatically letting in more heat when it’s cold and blocking the sun’s rays when it’s hot.
Smart windows have the ability to naturally regulate temperatures inside a building, leading to major environmental benefits and significant financial savings. The breakthrough could help meet future energy needs and create temperature-responsive buildings.
Our technology will potentially cut the rising costs of air-conditioning and heating, as well as dramatically reduce the carbon footprint of buildings of all sizes.
Smart glass windows are about 70 per cent more energy efficient during summer and 45 per cent more efficient in the winter compared to standard dual-pane glass.
“Our coating doesn’t require energy and responds directly to changes in temperature.”
“This switch is similar to a dimmer and can be used to control the level of transparency on the window and therefore the intensity of lighting in a room,” Taha said. “This means users have total freedom to operate the smart windows on-demand.”
“The materials and technology are readily scalable to large area surfaces, with the underlying technology filed as a patent in Australia and the US,” she said.
Learn more: Clever coating opens door to smart windows
The Latest on: Smart windows
via Google News
The Latest on: Smart windows
- COVID In New Jersey: Gov. Murphy Urging Residents To ‘Be Smart’ As New Restrictions Go Into Effect Ahead Of Thanksgivingon November 23, 2020 at 2:32 pm
New restrictions go into effect today in New Jersey as the number of COVID-19 cases continues to climb across the state. New Jersey is increasing the limits on the number of people who are allowed to ...
- Smart Copy on Microsoft Edge Canary makes it easy to copy tables from websiteson November 23, 2020 at 7:37 am
Microsoft is rolling out support for Smart Copy on Microsoft Edge Canary. The feature allows you to copy text, tables, and images while retaining their original formatting.
- Microsoft Edge Canary gets a new Smart Copy optionon November 23, 2020 at 7:33 am
Microsoft announced that it’s working on a new Smart copy feature for its Edge browser. Sumit, a Windows Insider MVP, spotted the new option today on one of his PCs running the ...
- AMD Will Bring Smart Access Memory Support to Intel, Nvidia Hardwareon November 20, 2020 at 12:16 pm
AMD is reportedly working with Nvidia and Intel to bring hardware support for Smart Access Memory to other GPU and CPU platforms.
- LidarPhone attack converts smart vacuums into microphoneson November 19, 2020 at 8:00 am
LidarPhone attack works by converting a smart vacuum's LiDAR navigational component into a laser microphone. By Catalin Cimpanu for Zero Day | November 19, 2020 -- 15:59 GMT (07:59 PST) | Topic: ...
- Mount any Canon EF lens to Fujifilm's GFX cameras with Metabones new EF-GFX Smart Expander adapterson November 18, 2020 at 8:45 am
GFX Smart Expander makes it possible to use nearly any EF lens — even third-party lenses — to work with Fujifilm's GFX mirrorless cameras.
- Samsung’s new Smart Monitors bring the TV to your desk without the PCon November 16, 2020 at 10:59 am
Samsung's latest Smart Monitor allows you stay entertained and productive without the PC by borrowing features from the company's line of living room TVs.
- Deals: Lenovo Smart Display 7 is $60, ASUS Chromebooks on sale, moreon November 13, 2020 at 9:25 am
Today’s best deals include the Lenovo Smart Display 7, ASUS Chromebooks, and the Samsung Galaxy Tab A7. Head below for all that and more in today’s 9to5Toys Lunch Break. Lenovo’s Assistant Smart ...
- Serena by Lutron Smart Wood Blinds review: Pretty enough, but also pretty expensiveon November 13, 2020 at 3:03 am
Wood blinds look more elegant than fabric shades, but their greater mass limits the onboard motor in this smart model to tilting the slats—you’ll need to raise and lower the blinds by hand.
- Global Electrically Active Smart Glass and Windows Market 2020 Segment Overview, Company Profiles, Regional Analysis and Forecast 2026on November 11, 2020 at 5:08 am
The latest market research report titled Global Electrically Active Smart Glass and Windows Market 2020 by Manufacturers, Regions, Type and Application, Forecast to 2026 reveals the overview of the ...
via Bing News