There have been few examples of a quantum advantage for real-world problems of practical interest
The researchers stress that in its current form, the study uses a simplified version of biological data and has a “proof-of-principle nature.” They believe that once quantum processors known as annealers accumulate qubits and have increased processing power, more complex cellular determinants of gene regulation could be encoded into new models that use quantum computers.
For more details: Quantum Machine Shows Promise for Biological Research
The Latest on: Quantum machine
via Google News
The Latest on: Quantum machine
- Quantum Applications Company Zapata Computing Raises $38 Millionon November 23, 2020 at 8:20 am
Zapata Computing — a leading enterprise software company for NISQ-based quantum applications — announced that it has raised $38 million in Series B funding.
- USC Viterbi School of Engineering Launching Quantum Computing Masters Degreeon November 23, 2020 at 8:03 am
USC Viterbi School of Engineering, a long-time leader in quantum computing research, is launching a master’s program in quantum ...
- To do in 2021: Get up to speed with quantum computing 101on November 23, 2020 at 5:47 am
The first step is to understand qubits and superposition. The next one is to get a handle on the business advantage that this technology represents.
- Don’t delay, fix your data now for when quantum computing is fully readyon November 20, 2020 at 8:04 am
Tiernan Ray explains that software startup Zapata Computing of Boston, which makes developer tools to program quantum computers, says companies need to get a handle on things like data cleaning and ...
- Zapata Computing Raises $38M Series B to Accelerate Commercial Quantum Adoptionon November 20, 2020 at 7:27 am
Zapata Computing, Inc., a leading enterprise software company for NISQ-based quantum applications, today announced it has ...
- Quantum computing: A cheat sheeton November 20, 2020 at 6:13 am
... just three companies leading the way in building quantum machines as well as the algorithms and controls to run them. Learn about possible business use cases for quantum. Quantum ...
- Neural’s guide to the glorious future of AI: Here’s how machines become sentienton November 20, 2020 at 3:21 am
Welcome to Neural’s guide to the glorious future of AI. What wonders will tomorrow’s machines be capable of? How do we get from Alexa and Siri to Rosie the Robot and R2D2? In this speculative science ...
- Bringing Quantum to Machine Learningon November 19, 2020 at 9:18 pm
But then, she says, “life happened”—jobs fell through and other opportunities opened up—and she found herself with a career in quantum machine learning. Today Schuld, who works for the Canadian ...
- Quantum computing now is a bit like SQL was in the late 80s: Wild and wooly and full of promiseon November 19, 2020 at 8:08 pm
Just thinking you will drop this shiny new thing called quantum into your data center is naive. By Tiernan Ray | November 19, 2020 -- 16:27 GMT (08:27 PST) | Topic: Quantum Computing Quantum computing ...
- Zapata raises $38 million for quantum machine learningon November 19, 2020 at 6:00 am
Zapata Computing has raised $38 million for its quantum computing enterprise software platform. The figure, which brings its total funding to over $64 million, will be put toward Zapata’s core ...
via Bing News