The potential of the simple urine test could could result in the ability to measure how much are body has aged could even predict our risk of developing age-related disease and might even predict a likely time frame for our death.
This new marker provides the potential to measure how much are body has aged from a biological rather than a chronological viewpoint. Could this be a reliable indicator of aging in our bodies?
A reliable way to measure biological age is necessary to know whether treatments to slow aging, which may be possible in the future, are truly effective.
This rapid analysis technique could be very useful for large-scale aging studies as it can process samples from up to 10 participants per hour.
The Latest on: Aging
via Google News
The Latest on: Aging
- Study shows LED-based UV irradiation prevents bone and muscle loss in aging miceon October 9, 2020 at 5:50 am
A research team at Nagoya University in Japan has revealed that narrow-range ultraviolet (UV) irradiation using light emitting diodes (LEDs) safely increases serum vitamin D levels in aging mice and ...
- Successful heart operation for Norway's aging monarchon October 9, 2020 at 3:21 am
Norway’s 83-year-old King Harald V has undergone an operation to replace a heart valve at the main hospital in Oslo ...
- Successful heart operation for Norway’s aging monarch | Raleigh News & Observeron October 9, 2020 at 2:07 am
Norway’s 83-year-old King Harald V has undergone an operation to replace a heart valve at the main hospital in Oslo.
- ‘I Was Unprepared’: Louise Glück on Poetry, Aging and a Surprise Nobel Prizeon October 8, 2020 at 1:18 pm
The fact that I dislike interviews doesn’t mean I’m a recluse,” the poet Louise Glück said early on in our interview. Glück had been put in an uncomfortable spot. On Thursday morning, she won the ...
- Amazon’s Anti-Aging Skincare Line Is Already a Great Value—and It’s Even Cheaper Nowon October 7, 2020 at 2:47 pm
Along with the Echo Dot, Modway Memory Foam Mattress, and Black + Decker Bug Zapper, we’ll be adding the top-rated skincare line Belei to our virtual carts. The dermatologist- and customer-loved brand ...
- Bespoken Spirits raises $2.6M in seed funding to combine machine learning and accelerated whiskey agingon October 7, 2020 at 10:20 am
Bespoken Spirits, a Silicon Valley spirits company that has developed a new data-driven process to accelerate the aging of whiskey and create specific flavors, today announced that it has raised a $2.
- Happiness, Satisfaction and Aging in 2020: A Study by SeniorLiving.orgon September 23, 2020 at 4:59 pm
More than four in five seniors report their “satisfaction with life” is the same, better or much better than they expected as youths. Happiness, Satisfaction and Aging in 2020: More than four ...
- What Would RBG Have Said About Caregivers For Aging Parents?on September 21, 2020 at 10:16 am
All these decades have passed with laws changing, yet the persistent cultural perception of caregiving for aging loved ones still most often casts women in the role of caregiver. At AgingParents ...
- The best anti-aging ingredients for skincare, according to dermatologistson September 17, 2020 at 2:39 pm
Aging is inevitable, and as time goes on, it's to be expected that signs of aging will appear on your skin: dark spots, hyperpigmentation, fine lines, or wrinkles, you name it. There's nothing ...
- Dealing With Device Aging At Advanced Nodeson September 10, 2020 at 1:19 am
Premature aging of circuits is becoming troublesome at advanced nodes, where it increasingly is complicated by new market demands, more stress from heat, and tighter tolerances due to increased ...
via Bing News