The potential of the simple urine test could could result in the ability to measure how much are body has aged could even predict our risk of developing age-related disease and might even predict a likely time frame for our death.
This new marker provides the potential to measure how much are body has aged from a biological rather than a chronological viewpoint. Could this be a reliable indicator of aging in our bodies?
A reliable way to measure biological age is necessary to know whether treatments to slow aging, which may be possible in the future, are truly effective.
This rapid analysis technique could be very useful for large-scale aging studies as it can process samples from up to 10 participants per hour.
The Latest on: Aging
via Google News
The Latest on: Aging
- Louise Carroll: Aging gracefully doesn't mean to stop livingon June 26, 2019 at 2:23 pm
Our attitude about age changes as we age. When we are young we can't wait to be one year older. As little ones we say we are 5 1/2 years old. That changes over time. I never said "I am sixty-five and ... […]
- 3 Amazing Anti-Aging Creams for Menon June 26, 2019 at 1:41 pm
Despite what society would have us believe, men are just as insecure about their looks as women are – sometimes, even more so. Men want to be able to look young, fit, and attractive to their ... […]
- This Anti-Aging ‘Mirakle’ Cream Is Going on Major Sale for Prime Day — and You Can Already Save on It Nowon June 26, 2019 at 1:33 pm
We’re always searching for that skincare miracle. Whether it’s finally finding the one product that keeps you glowing 24/7, or something to get rid of those fine lines, we basically want a moisturizer ... […]
- New findings may help kick-start aging immune systemon June 26, 2019 at 11:12 am
The thymus is the powerhouse producing the immune system's T cells, which combat infection in our body. Yet this vital organ is one of the first to diminish in function as we age, resulting in a ... […]
- Danica Chen to present at the 6th Aging Research for Drug Discovery Forum in Baselon June 26, 2019 at 10:16 am
Wednesday, June 26, 2019 - Today Insilico Medicine, a biotechnology company developing the end-to-end drug discovery pipeline utilizing the next generation artificial intelligence, and the ... […]
- Fast-Aging Global Population a Boon for These 5 Stockson June 26, 2019 at 6:26 am
The global population is aging fast. The number of persons aged 60 years or above is expected to increase from 962 million in 2017 to about 2.1 billion by 2050, according to UN. The aged ... […]
- New Parker Study Unveils Disparities in Peoples' Views of Agingon June 25, 2019 at 6:19 pm
PISCATAWAY, N.J., June 13, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- For the third year in a row, Parker Health Group, Inc. conducted a national survey to gauge changing perceptions around aging in America. The ... […]
- Why Won't Your Stubborn Aging Parent Go To A Seniors' Community?on June 25, 2019 at 3:13 pm
"My mom is not safe by herself but she refuses help!" "My dad can't manage alone anymore but he won't go to assisted living". As a consultant in the aging field working with families, I hear the ... […]
- Author of guidebook to help aging parents to have workshopon June 25, 2019 at 1:27 pm
After moving from New York to South Florida to care for her aging parents, author Fern Pessin said she realized how ill-prepared she was for the task. As she amassed knowledge and experience, she ... […]
- Baby Boomers creating "near-gridlock" by aging in placeon June 25, 2019 at 12:35 pm
Baby Boomers, the 75 million Americans born between 1946 and 1964, are clogging up the housing market, according to a Chicago Tribune story last week. Instead of moving to retirement communities like ... […]
via Bing News