The potential of the simple urine test could could result in the ability to measure how much are body has aged could even predict our risk of developing age-related disease and might even predict a likely time frame for our death.
This new marker provides the potential to measure how much are body has aged from a biological rather than a chronological viewpoint. Could this be a reliable indicator of aging in our bodies?
A reliable way to measure biological age is necessary to know whether treatments to slow aging, which may be possible in the future, are truly effective.
This rapid analysis technique could be very useful for large-scale aging studies as it can process samples from up to 10 participants per hour.
The Latest on: Aging
- Christie Brinkley on Authenticity, "Anti-Aging," and Her Iconic Career on December 16, 2018 at 9:21 pm
Christie Brinkley is an icon. Full stop. She epitomizes what it meant to be a supermodel in the '70s, '80s, and '90s—scoring an unprecedented three consecutive Sports Illustrated covers starting in 19... […]
- SDSU Extension Encourages Families To Discuss Aging on December 16, 2018 at 8:36 pm
BROOKINGS — As you think about yourself as an older person, what do you see? The answer to this question is likely very personal because everyone has different goals and priorities for themselves and ... […]
- Deadline looms for Invercargill's aging heating appliance upgrades on December 16, 2018 at 8:33 pm
About 2000 Invercargill home owners will not be able to use their home burners after January 1, but Environment Southland says it will take an "an education first approach" to enforcing the new rules. ... […]
- Understanding Aging and Muscle Loss in Space on December 16, 2018 at 5:48 pm
In space, the human body loses muscle mass. Although living in microgravity requires no heavy lifting, this loss of muscle reduces physical performance. Decreased muscle mass could also prove particul... […]
- Lawmakers study Wyoming's aging state computer system on December 16, 2018 at 5:00 pm
CHEYENNE, Wyo. (AP) — A Wyoming legislative panel has endorsed a bill to prepare to replace an aging and costly computer system used by multiple state agencies. Wyoming's decades-old Revenue Informati... […]
- Alexander Aging Like Fine Wine on December 16, 2018 at 4:35 pm
ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. — Bills linebacker Lorenzo Alexander is in his 12th season in the NFL and he's never been better. He had five tackles including two for a loss in the Bills win over the Lions. Alexa... […]
- Holidays a good time to address concerns with aging parents, says Edmonton elder care professional on December 16, 2018 at 3:55 pm
The holiday season can be a busy and stressful time of year for many families, but one Edmonton elder care professional who makes it his business to help seniors says the holidays are a perfect time t... […]
- Film Review: The Mule Takes a Long Look at an Aging Clint Eastwood on December 16, 2018 at 2:19 pm
The Pitch: Earl Stone is the mule. A transporter for the cartels, on the lam from that thing called life. But this isn’t some punk kid with gym bags and stuffed condoms at the international ... […]
- How Spring Discovery Is Accelerating Therapies For Aging on December 16, 2018 at 1:11 pm
Spring Discovery, a Palo Alto, California-based startup, is combining biology, machine learning, and lab automation to accelerate the discovery of aging therapies. Spring Discovery founder and CEO Ben ... […]
- Aging Matters: Advance directives workshop Monday on December 15, 2018 at 9:40 pm
Trellis Supportive Care, formerly Hospice & Palliative CareCenter, will hold two free workshops Monday on living wills and health care powers of attorney for veterans, active duty military and their f... […]
via Google News and Bing News