Researchers at the CRANN nanoscience institute at Trinity College Dublin have discovered a new clean energy material that will increase the adoption of hydrogen as a fuel in energy-efficient transport.
Hydrogen has been described as the ultimate clean energy source and, potentially, a real alternative to fossil fuels.
It is seen as very attractive as it is a pollution-free fuel and energy carrier that would satisfy much of the energy requirements of our society.
Hydrogen is readily prepared by splitting water electrically into its component parts hydrogen and oxygen; a process called electrolysis. However, this process requires a significant energy input.
‘Our disruptive materials breakthrough is momentous as it means much more energetically efficient and more economical hydrogen energy’
– PROF MIKE LYONS, CRANN
But now, researchers at CRANN have developed a material that enhances the splitting of water at a very low energy cost using Earth-abundant raw materials.
The Latest on: Hydrogen fuel
via Google News
The Latest on: Hydrogen fuel
- ‘World’s largest fleet of fuel cell trains’ ordered on May 21, 2019 at 2:15 am
The refuelling point will be located at the Höchst industrial park. ‘With its existing hydrogen infrastructure, Industriepark Höchst is an ideal filling station location for fuel cell vehicles’, said ... […]
- GLOBAL HYDROGEN AND FUEL CELLS MARKET RESEARCH REPORT - FORECAST TO 2025 on May 21, 2019 at 1:15 am
A fuel cell is an electrochemical device that combines hydrogen fuel with oxygen to produce electricity, heat, and water. The fuel cell is very similar to a battery, wherein an electrochemical ... […]
- HyperSolar Surpasses 1000 Hour Hydrogen Production Milestone on May 21, 2019 at 1:00 am
Unlike hydrocarbon fuels, such as oil, coal and natural gas, where carbon dioxide and other contaminants are released into the atmosphere when used, hydrogen fuel usage produces pure water as the ... […]
- To California’s Basque Country, propelled by hydrogen on May 20, 2019 at 3:00 pm
I had a little trepidation. To make the road trip more interesting, I borrowed from Toyota the hydrogen fuel cell Mirai, which was sleek, silent and powerful and boasted a range of 310 miles per tank. ... […]
- University of Waterloo researchers develop better hydrogen fuel cell for cars on May 20, 2019 at 11:59 am
WATERLOO — A team of researchers at the University of Waterloo has designed a new hydrogen fuel cell for cars they say could make the technology cheap enough to compete with the internal combustion ... […]
- Capstone Turbine Issued Two New Patents for Multiple Fuel Applications – Including Hydrogen and Liquid Fuel Ultra-Low Emissions Capabilities on May 20, 2019 at 6:26 am
VAN NUYS, Calif., May 20, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Capstone Turbine Corporation (www.capstoneturbine.com) (CPST), the world’s leading clean technology manufacturer of microturbine energy systems ... […]
- Hydrogen Fuel Cells Market Research, Overview, Outlook, Future Analysis & Forecast 2018-2023 on May 20, 2019 at 5:08 am
Global Hydrogen Fuel Cells Market, 2018-2023, is a market research report by KD Market Insights that offers extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the global and ... […]
- AFC Energy Cracks Use of Ammonia in Alkaline Fuel Cell on May 20, 2019 at 2:20 am
AFC Energy’s new system works by cracking ammonia to create a flow of hydrogen to generate electricity from the fuel cell. Following successful research and development through the EU funded ... […]
- Hyundai's Hydrogen Fuel Cell SUV Starts Gaining Ground on May 19, 2019 at 7:22 pm
Sales of Hyundai's second-generation hydrogen fuel cell SUV Nexo have passed 1,000 units so far this year. It is the first time Hyundai has reached the milestone since it started commercially ... […]
- Iwatani Corporation of America Acquires Four Hydrogen-refueling Stations in California from Messer (formerly Linde, LLC) on May 19, 2019 at 5:33 am
The stations are Open Retail Stations providing hydrogen fuel to consumers in support of rapidly growing demand for zero-emission fuel cell electric vehicles (FCEVs). The four retail stations are ... […]
via Bing News