Solar energy is on the rise. Many technical advances have made solar cells quite efficient and affordable in recent years. A big disadvantage remains in the fact that solar cells produce no power when it’s raining.
This may change, however: In the journal Angewandte Chemie, Chinese researchers have now introduced a new approach for making an all-weather solar cell that is triggered by both sunlight and raindrops.
For the conversion of solar energy to electricity, the team from the Ocean University of China (Qingdao) and Yunnan Normal University (Kunming, China) developed a highly efficient dye-sensitized solar cell. In order to allow rain to produce electricity as well, they coated this cell with a whisper-thin film of graphene.
The Latest on: Solar cells
via Google News
The Latest on: Solar cells
- The Solar Roof Is Dying and So Is Tesla's Energy Company Dreamon June 26, 2020 at 7:47 am
Tesla ( NASDAQ:TSLA) isn't really an energy company; it's an auto manufacturer through and through. Sure, it makes batteries that are sometimes sold to utilities to store energy, but 95% of Tesla's ...
- Photovoltaic Solar Panel Market Expected to Reach Tremendous Growth by 2026 with key player Like JA Solar, Solar Power Indonesia, Onyx Solar, Romagon June 26, 2020 at 4:54 am
Photovoltaic Solar Panel Market Size, Status, Business Future Scenarios and Brief Analysis 2020-2026 The "Global Photovoltaic Solar Panel Market Report 2026" offers a clear understanding of the ...
- Environment Colorado wants solar panels on every new homeon June 25, 2020 at 12:02 pm
Environment Colorado wants every new home equipped with solar panels, and it's in violation of the law. The organization said this week it's launching a campaign to get there, following California's ...
- Trapping the sun: New thin-film technology uses sustainable components for solar panelson June 25, 2020 at 5:34 am
Commercialized thin-film solar panels on the market consist of rare-earth elements like indium and gallium, or highly toxic metals like cadmium. Both of these thin-film solar panel types have their ...
- Solar panels get cheaperon June 24, 2020 at 8:40 am
Solar system costs are falling across in the United States, primarily driven by lower prices for solar panels, according to the research firm Wood Mackenzie.
- Insulet Installs Solar Panels at Its Global Headquarters and U.S. Manufacturing Facility to Help Reduce Its Carbon Footprinton June 24, 2020 at 3:00 am
Insulet Corporation (NASDAQ: PODD) (Insulet), the global leader in tubeless insulin pump technology with its Omnipod® Insulin Management System (Omnip ...
- Plan commission will hold public hearing for amended solar panel farm ordinanceon June 23, 2020 at 3:28 pm
If approved, the amended ordinance would apply to all future solar panel farm project proposals, not just a recently proposed 1,400-acre solar panel farm in Eagle Creek Township, said Ned Kovachevich, ...
- Global Solar Cells and Modules Market 2020 Analysis by Key Players, End-User, Type, Application, Regions and Forecast to 2026on June 23, 2020 at 3:15 pm
MarketsandResearch.biz presents a new market report namely Global Solar Cells and Modules Market 2020 by Manufacturers, Regions, Type and Application, Forecast to 2026 aims to improve the experience ...
- Solar Panels in Polluted Delhi May Have Soaked up More Energy in Lockdownon June 23, 2020 at 8:55 am
After India's government implemented lockdown measures on March 24 to prevent the spread of the coronavirus, the amount of energy reaching solar panels in one part of the city shot up by 8 percent in ...
- Pollinator-Saving Solar Panels: Good for Farmers, Good for Businesson June 23, 2020 at 6:15 am
Farmers can get the best of both worlds when investing in solar panels by using that same land for pollinator habitats and other agricultural uses.
via Bing News