Our first social experience in VR, last year at Oculus’ developer conference, was spooky.
Not horror spooky, but I feel like I’m really sitting in a movie theater with these complete strangers even though I’m really not spooky. Soon more people will have that kind of experience, as Oculus is set to roll out an integrated social feature for the Gear VR.
Much like Xbox Live or the PSN, Oculus’ mobile platform will soon have a built-in social element. Starting Thursday, Gear VR owners will be able to create a profile and find fellow Gear VR-owning friends (searching by either username or real name) to team up with or play against in various virtual reality games and environments.
New social games include Oculus’ own Social Trivia (as you’d imagine, it’s a knowledge battle you can play with friends), Herobound: Gladiators (a multiplayer arena fighting game based on the single-player Herobound series for Gear VR and Oculus Rift) and the ability to create social rooms (movie theaters, for collective watching experiences) in the Oculus Social app.
The Latest on: Metaverse
via Google News
The Latest on: Metaverse
- NYCC Metaverse: ‘Marvel’s M.O.D.O.K.’ Reveals First Lookon October 9, 2020 at 12:47 pm
The Mental Organism Designed Only for Killing has arrived — but you might know him better as M.O.D.O.K.! NYCC Metaverse is set to reveal a first look at Hulu’s upcoming Marvel’s M.O.D.O.K. series, ...
- NYCC Metaverse: Watch the Venom/King in Black Panel Nowon October 8, 2020 at 5:00 pm
Editor Devin Lewis joing writer Donny Cates and artist Ryan Stegman for the lowdown on Marvel's upcoming event!
- NYCC is Here and Tamashii Nations Enters the Metaverse Headfirst with New Figures Available for Preorderon October 8, 2020 at 12:56 pm
Tamashii Nations is cranking their power level off the charts with S.H.Figuarts RADITZ, (image) available now for pre-order on Premium Bandai USA. This highly articulated figure brings the character ...
- Thirsty Secrets at The Women At Marvel Panel At NYCC/MCM/Metaverseon October 8, 2020 at 10:09 am
Karla Pacheco, Leah Williams, Sarah Brunstad, Ellie Pyle and Lauren Bisom took to a NYCC/MCM Metaverse panel, the traditional Women Of Marvel panel along ...
- Winner Winner Live Arcade App Partners With New York Comic Con And Mcm Comic Con’s Metaverseon October 8, 2020 at 9:48 am
Winner Winner Live Arcade App is excited to present the first ever “Live Virtual” arcade experience at New York Comic Con and MCM’s Metaverse (NYCC x MCM Metaverse). Online attendees will be able to ...
- Travelers Releases ‘Zaadii: The Legend of Z-Hawk’ during New York Comic Con’s Metaverse to Honor a Life Cut Short by Distracted Drivingon October 8, 2020 at 7:24 am
The Travelers Companies, Inc. today announced the release of“ Zaadii: The Legend of Z-Hawk,” a comic book inspired by 3- year-old Zaadii Tozhon Tso, who was tragically killed by a distracted driver in ...
- Konami Digital Entertainment Showcases Its Yu-Gi-Oh! TRADING CARD GAME And More At New York Comic Con And MCM Comic Con's Metaverse!on October 7, 2020 at 1:33 pm
PRNewswire/ -- Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. (KONAMI) is excited to present a spread of unique, virtual experiences at New York Comic Con and ...
- NYCC 2020 Metaverse Schedule & How to Watch Panels Onlineon October 7, 2020 at 7:29 am
Watch panels featuring your favorite creators, actors and much more. If you're hoping to (digitally) attend some of the Metaverse's panels, continue reading for all the pertinent information. NYCC ...
- Nvidia CEO Jensen Huang compares the Omniverse and the metaverseon October 6, 2020 at 10:35 am
Nvidia announced yesterday it was launching an open beta for the Omniverse, a virtual environment the company describes as a metaverse for engineers.
- Nvidia announces open beta for Omniverse as a ‘metaverse’ for engineerson October 5, 2020 at 7:00 am
Nvidia has launched an open beta for its Omniverse, a virtual environment the company describes as a "metaverse" for engineers.
via Bing News