Food products that last longer in their packaging, with little, or no chemical preservatives needed — that is the promise of a breakthrough in packaging technology made by two National University of Singapore researchers.
Associate Professor Thian Eng San from the Department of Mechanical Engineering and Ms Tan Yi Min, a PhD student, have developed an environment-friendly food packaging material that slows down fungal and microbial growth, and is free of chemical additives.
Bread samples packaged with this composite film was found to last more than three times longer, compared with those in conventional synthetic packaging film, where visible mould appeared after three days.
With the composite film, mould growth started on the 10th day.
With this new material, there is no need to use silver ions to give it anti-microbial properties — as is the current practice on packaging films — since there is a small possibility of the silver leeching into the food, which can be harmful if accumulated in large amounts in the body.
The Latest on: Food packaging technology
via Google News
The Latest on: Food packaging technology
- 2020 Insights on the Packaging Global Market - Key Motivators, Restraints and Opportunities - ResearchAndMarkets.comon November 26, 2020 at 7:16 am
The "Global Packaging Industry" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering. The packaging industry is anticipated to at a significant CAGR during the forecast period. The advancement ...
- Smart Packaging Market Worth $43.6 billion by 2027- Exclusive Report Covering Pre and Post COVID-19 Market Analysis by Meticulous Research®on November 25, 2020 at 7:37 pm
According to a new market research report "Smart Packaging Market by Packaging Technology (Modified Atmosphere Packaging, ...
- New intelligent packaging device from Packadore Collective seeks to tackle food wasteon November 25, 2020 at 6:43 am
The Packadore Collective has designed a flexible connected packaging solution that seeks to change consumer behaviour around food waste.
- Food Packaging Equipment Outlook 2027: Top Companies, Trends, Growth Factors Details by Regions, Types, and Applicationson November 24, 2020 at 9:23 pm
The global food packaging equipment market size is projected to reach USD 23.03 Billion by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of ...
- Flexible Food Packaging Market will Register a Massive Growth Up to 2025 | Bemis, Sealed Air Corporation, Wihuri, Coveris, Lock&Lock, Huhtamakion November 24, 2020 at 8:15 pm
Flexible Food Packaging Market is valued at USD 273.83 Billion in 2018 and expected to reach USD 390.48 Billion by 2025 ...
- SoFresh Inc. wins $500K at business competition for innovative food and agriculture technology startupson November 24, 2020 at 10:30 am
Meanwhile, six Wisconsin-based startups are advancing to a regional pitch competition hosted by New North Inc.
- Podcast: Why COVID-Friendly Food Packaging Is Essentialon November 24, 2020 at 8:22 am
The evolution of foodservice packaging is nothing new to the convenience-store industry. A move to eco-friendly or portable options has been a consistent progression. And thanks to the coronavirus ...
- Pet Food Packaging Market Ahead 2020: Top factors that could guide markets todayon November 24, 2020 at 1:43 am
Research Dive :As per a new report published by Research Dive, the global pet food packaging market will reach up to $13,267.1 million in 2027 and is expected to grow at a notable rate throughout the ...
- Global Food Packaging Machinery Market 2020-2024on November 21, 2020 at 7:29 am
Technavio has announced its latest market research report titled Global Food Packaging Machinery Market 2020-2024 (Graphic: Business Wire) Click & Get Free Sample Report in Minute ...
- Pixelle Introduces FlexArmor™, a Fluorocarbon Free Barrier Technology for Oil and Grease Resistant Food Paperson November 18, 2020 at 6:10 am
Pixelle Specialty Solutions (“Pixelle”) today announced the introduction of FlexArmor ™, a new barrier technology engineered for oil and ...
via Bing News