In a paper accepted to the SIGGRAPH Asia conference taking place next month,the team presents a new technology called RF Capture that picks up wireless reflections off the human body to see the silhouette of a human standing behind a wall.
“RF Capture would enable motion capture without body sensors and could track actors‘ movements even if they are behind furniture or walls.”
The device works by transmitting wireless signals that traverse the wall and reflect off a person’s body back to the device.
The key challenge is that different individuals – and, for that matter, different body parts – all reflect the same signal.
The technology operates in two stages: First, it scans 3-D space to capture wireless reflections off objects in the environment, including the human body.
Since only a subset of body parts reflect the signal back at any given point in time, the device then monitors how these reflections vary as someone moves inthe environment and intelligently stitches the person’s reflections across time to reconstruct his silhouette into a single image.
To differentiate between people, the team then repeatedly tested and trained the device on different subjects, using metrics such as height and body shape to create concrete “Silhouette fingerprints” for each person.
The Latest on: RF Capture
via Google News
The Latest on: RF Capture
- Qualcomm heralds new 5G mobile era with Snapdragon 888 chipon December 1, 2020 at 10:26 am
Kicking off a premium era for 5G smartphones and other devices, chip maker Qualcomm on Tuesday unveils the much-anticipated Snapdragon 888 5G mobile platform.
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 5G flagship chipset launchedon December 1, 2020 at 8:52 am
Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 5G mobile platform has the potential to triple down on the future of computational photography and transform smartphones into professional-quality cameras.
- Cyber Monday camera deals 2020: all the deals still live on Canon, GoPro and moreon November 30, 2020 at 5:31 pm
The clock is ticking on the Cyber Monday camera deals, but there's still time to pick up a camera bargain. Whether you want an instant camera or a DSLR, this year's crop of photographic bargains are ...
- Canon EOS R5 wins best full-frame Camera of the Yearon November 30, 2020 at 12:50 pm
Canon wins best full-frame camera of the year. A 45MP hybrid that does it all. 4K and even 8K video. Highly recommended mirrorless camera.
- DPReview TV lens review: Shift your perspective with the Laowa 15mm F4.5 shift lenson November 26, 2020 at 6:13 am
D Shift lens lets you change perspective without moving the camera, correct for converging lines and more. Oh, and it's a lot of fun too.
- Gear of the Year: Richard's choice - Canon RF 800mm F11 IS STMon November 26, 2020 at 6:13 am
Technical Editor Richard Butler's pick was the unusual lens that gave him the opportunity to try something new. The Canon RF 800mm F11's unique combination of telephoto reach, affordability and light ...
- Natalie Keyssar's photos capture a small-town Native American beauty pageanton November 25, 2020 at 1:25 am
Each year, pageants like Miss Native American and Miss Indian World invite indigenous women from around the United States to represent historically disenfranchised tribes and celebrate their cultural ...
- Neural stimulator device combines two “effects” for implantable energy transferon November 24, 2020 at 9:28 pm
By imposing a varying magnetic field on a magnetostrictive material, which is bonded to a piezoelectric one, researchers have developed a unique technique to transfer power to a medically implanted ...
- Canon to release 96MP high-resolution R5 style mirrorless camera (Report)on November 18, 2020 at 9:10 pm
EOS RF lens mount cameras in 2021 ... The 96MP R5+ should be appealing for those that need as many pixels as possible to capture detail. Landscape and wildlife photographers would be likely prospects.
- Budget Portrait Magic: Canon RF 85mm F2 Macro IS STM Reviewon November 17, 2020 at 8:00 pm
Sure, it's not the $3,000 f1.2, but the Canon RF 85mm f2 Macro IS STM is pretty excellent for $600. Read more in our Canon RF 85mm f2 review.
via Bing News