In a paper accepted to the SIGGRAPH Asia conference taking place next month,the team presents a new technology called RF Capture that picks up wireless reflections off the human body to see the silhouette of a human standing behind a wall.
“RF Capture would enable motion capture without body sensors and could track actors‘ movements even if they are behind furniture or walls.”
The device works by transmitting wireless signals that traverse the wall and reflect off a person’s body back to the device.
The key challenge is that different individuals – and, for that matter, different body parts – all reflect the same signal.
The technology operates in two stages: First, it scans 3-D space to capture wireless reflections off objects in the environment, including the human body.
Since only a subset of body parts reflect the signal back at any given point in time, the device then monitors how these reflections vary as someone moves inthe environment and intelligently stitches the person’s reflections across time to reconstruct his silhouette into a single image.
To differentiate between people, the team then repeatedly tested and trained the device on different subjects, using metrics such as height and body shape to create concrete “Silhouette fingerprints” for each person.
The Latest on: RF Capture
via Google News
The Latest on: RF Capture
- Canon launches firmware to fix RF 70-200mm f/2.8L focus issueon January 10, 2020 at 4:04 am
Firmware version 1.0.6 for the Canon RF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM fixes a bug reported over the last couple months that was reported by users when try to focus at the lens’s minimum focus distance.
- Canon issues firmware update to fix front-focusing issues for RF 70–200mm F2.8 lenseson January 9, 2020 at 8:49 am
A month after the first reports came out that a number of RF 70–200mm F2.8 lenses were having issues ... The firmware changelog reads: 'Fixed a phenomenon when performing AF shooting to capture a ...
- Hands-on with the Nikon Nikkor Z 70-200mm F2.8 Son January 9, 2020 at 6:15 am
Canon Europe's pro product marketing senior manager said the company plans on 'launching more RF lenses while still fully supporting the EF lens system ... Its replacement keeps the lens and sensor ...
- Growing Application of GaN power device in Battery Technology & Automotive drives the growth of GaN power devices marketon January 7, 2020 at 5:53 pm
MENAFN - MarketersMEDIA) Global GaN power device Market 2020-2026 Trends & Forecast Report, Consistent with our stated policy of making available the best research and analysis report. Fremont, United ...
- RF sonaron December 9, 2019 at 4:00 pm
It can actually identify a person (or people) behind a solid object. They call it RF-Capture and it uses radio waves to identify people. Kind of like some high tech radio-frequency sonar. Using a very ...
- Qualcomm's Snapdragon 865 5G, AI, camera specs bolster 2020 smartphone upgrade cycleon December 4, 2019 at 11:03 am
The Modem-RF system includes Qualcomm 5G PowerSave ... An image signal processor that can capture 8K video and snap 200 megapixel photos and identify backgrounds, people and objects. Overall, ...
- Capture The Beauty Of The Night Sky With Canon's First Full-Frame Mirrorless Camera For Astrophotographyon November 6, 2019 at 6:55 am
the new EOS Ra is designed for astrophotographers looking to capture vivid imagery of the night sky." Targeting the needs of astrophotographers, the new EOS Ra full-frame mirrorless camera ...
- CRFS takes the RF lab outdoors with portable high-fidelity RF recorderon October 28, 2019 at 10:04 am
CAMBRIDGE, England--(BUSINESS WIRE)--RF hardware and software innovator CRFS announced today ... phase noise and high spurious free dynamic range (SFDR) empower operators to capture and differentiate ...
- CRFS takes the RF lab outdoors with portable high-fidelity RF recorderon October 27, 2019 at 5:00 pm
RF hardware and software innovator CRFS announced today the ... Its low noise figure and phase noise and high spurious free dynamic range (SFDR) empower operators to capture and differentiate between ...
- Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM Lens for EOS R Full-frame Camerason October 23, 2019 at 9:26 pm
Completing Canon’s F2.8L trinity series for the mirrorless RF mount, the new RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM is the world's shortest and lightest lens with a focal length of 70-200mm and maximum aperture of ...
via Bing News