In a paper accepted to the SIGGRAPH Asia conference taking place next month,the team presents a new technology called RF Capture that picks up wireless reflections off the human body to see the silhouette of a human standing behind a wall.
“RF Capture would enable motion capture without body sensors and could track actors‘ movements even if they are behind furniture or walls.”
The device works by transmitting wireless signals that traverse the wall and reflect off a person’s body back to the device.
The key challenge is that different individuals – and, for that matter, different body parts – all reflect the same signal.
The technology operates in two stages: First, it scans 3-D space to capture wireless reflections off objects in the environment, including the human body.
Since only a subset of body parts reflect the signal back at any given point in time, the device then monitors how these reflections vary as someone moves inthe environment and intelligently stitches the person’s reflections across time to reconstruct his silhouette into a single image.
To differentiate between people, the team then repeatedly tested and trained the device on different subjects, using metrics such as height and body shape to create concrete “Silhouette fingerprints” for each person.
The Latest on: RF Capture
via Google News
The Latest on: RF Capture
- Canon RF 85mm F1.2L USM Lens Reviewon September 5, 2019 at 12:21 pm
Ideal for portrait, event and fashion photographer, we found that the Canon RF 85mm f/1.2L USM is great for taking landscape photos when you want to capture monoliths and other landmarks, yet you ...
- Canon’s RF Mount Line Growson August 29, 2019 at 12:05 pm
Canon’s RF lenses have a unique fingertip control ring that gives ... in both lenses have been developed for quieter AF than previous lenses, ideal for video capture. With suppression of focus ...
- Canon strengthens the EOS line up with the new mirrorless M6 II and 90D DSLRon August 29, 2019 at 9:04 am
The detachable viewfinder is raised and centrally aligned to create space and intuitive comfort for an immersive shooting experience, while the tilt-screen offers more creative capture and ...
- Canon adds 32MP 90D to DSLR lineupon August 29, 2019 at 3:15 am
Alongside the two new Canon RF lenses announced today ... With Canon’s new EOS 90D and EOS M6 Mark II cameras, photographers can capture and share life’s most fleeting moments. Both models are ...
- Canon strengthens the EOS line up with a new mirrorless and DSLR, delivering high-speed shooting and incredible resolutionon August 29, 2019 at 1:05 am
Alongside the two new Canon RF lenses announced today ... Never miss a moment With Canon’s new EOS 90D and EOS M6 Mark II cameras, photographers can capture and share life’s most fleeting moments.
- New Canon RF Mount Lenses Bring Optical Excellence To Pro And Advanced Amateur Photographerson August 28, 2019 at 6:49 am
Total size of the lens is equivalent to the existing EF lens, but allows for IS, wider field of view and the control ring indicative of the RF lenses. Drip and dust resistant and ideal for ...
- Canon unveils the first of its trinity RF F2.8L lenses, expanding the pioneering RF lens line-up for the EOS R Systemon August 27, 2019 at 10:48 pm
these lenses enable photographers and videographers to capture high-quality still and moving images across all genres – from landscape and architecture, to portrait and nature, or sports and media.
- Canon Unveils RF 15-35mm f/2.8L and RF 24-70mm f/2.8L IS USM Lenses, Improves AF with Firmware Update; More Info at B&Hon August 27, 2019 at 9:15 pm
Canon RF 15-35mm f/2.8L IS USM Lens https ... lens especially popular among event photographers who must quickly capture groups and individual portraits without fussing with multiple lenses.
- Canon EOS M6 Mark II Hands-on First Lookon August 27, 2019 at 9:04 pm
While Canon spent the past year championing its full-frame R series mirrorless camera and RF-mount lenses, the company is still ... boasting more resolution still capture and video recording, an ...
- Mentor Graphics and TSMC Provide TSMC-Qualified Process Design Kit for 0.13 micron Mixed-Mode and RF Designon August 18, 2019 at 5:00 pm
mixed-mode and RF Mentor-PDK for TSMC’s CM013RG process, TSMC now supports the entire Mentor Graphics ICstudio custom/mixed-signal IC design flow. This kit includes symbol library for Design ...
via Bing News