A JRC invention initially stemming from its research in the nuclear sector will soon be used by hospitals for minimally-invasive robotic surgery. TELELAP ALF-X is an advanced multi-port robotic system that will empower surgeons with new technologies such as eye-tracking and haptics, allowing them eye-control of the camera and touch sensation during surgery.
Hospitals will be able to use the most advanced technology while running at low operational costs, as the system can use current surgical instruments.
ALF-X, which stands for “Advanced Laparoscopy through Force refleCTion”, was initially developed in 2003-2009 by Emilio Ruiz Morales, a Spanish engineer who at the time worked on nuclear safeguards at the JRC. The system employs a range of features for easier, safer and improved laparoscopic surgical procedures for the benefit of the patient. The main features are tactile sensing, versatile & user-friendly robotic arms, comfortable & ergonomic surgeon console, and eye-tracking.
For instance, tactile sensing provides surgeons with better perception of forces exerted on patient tissues by robotic surgical instruments, enabling them to perform accurate and delicate tissue manipulations. The system also limits applied forces, avoiding breaking sutures (surgical stitching) and reducing any damage caused to the incision by surgical tools used in keyhole operations. Moreover, the robotic arms are easily operated and quickly configured by surgical theatre personnel.
Read more: From nuclear research to surgery technology
The Latest on: Robotic Surgery
via Google News
The Latest on: Robotic Surgery
- Munster bricklayer undergoes robotic surgery for double bypasson November 27, 2020 at 9:00 am
At first I was in shock and didn’t want to believe it, but when they recommended robotic surgery, I really started researching it, and I liked everything I heard about ...
- Rare Robotic Surgery Performed by Doctors in Gurugram to Treat Woman with Pancreatic Tumouron November 27, 2020 at 3:44 am
A 48-year-old woman from Mauritius with a pancreatic tail tumour was successfully treated with complex robotic surgery in Delhi-NCR. The patient underwent a 'robotic distal pancreatectomy with ...
- Doctors perform rare robotic surgery to treat woman with tumouron November 27, 2020 at 1:50 am
The patient underwent a 'robotic distal pancreatectomy with splenectomy' to remove the tumour which was four centimetres in size.
- Robotic Surgery Market Booming By Size, Revenue And Trend In 2020 Scrutinized In New Researchon November 26, 2020 at 5:14 am
The global robotic surgery market has been analyzed By Region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, RoW) and By Country (U.S., Canada, U.K., Germany, France, Italy, China, Japan, India, Brazil) for ...
- Robotic surgery system used across Europe completes 1,000 operationson November 26, 2020 at 2:33 am
Robot surgery is burgeoning across Europe and the wider world, with one UK-built surgical robot now completing more than 1,000 operations.
- Robotic-Assisted Surgery Has a Bright Future in Indiaon November 24, 2020 at 7:28 pm
Robotic-assisted surgeries have been there for quite some time. In recent times however, with a growing emphasis on improving the quality of care and with AI ma ...
- Global Robotic Surgery Market Size, Share to attain considerable expansion through 2024 - Live Nowon November 19, 2020 at 10:58 pm
The report Robotic Surgery Market Size and Analysis maintains enhanced dynamics and is overshadowed by a top player across the globe. The research report provides Robotic Surgery Market Growth and ...
- Robotic surgery at Columbia VA is making a big difference for patientson November 19, 2020 at 5:09 pm
The Dorn VA Hospital in Columbia has started a new program with robotic surgery that's making a big difference for patients. Doctor Kurt Fichtner is a surgeon at the Dorn VA Hospital in Columbia. He ...
- The OnPoint Companies Receive Award for Innovation in Augmented Reality for Orthopedic and Robotic Surgeryon November 17, 2020 at 11:34 am
The OnPoint Companies are revolutionizing spinal, orthopedic, sports, and robotic procedures with an Augmented Reality (AR) platform technology that superimposes virtual surgical guides and virtual ...
- EU5 Robotic Surgery Market Outlook to 2025 - Robotic Surgical System Disposables and Robotic Surgical Systemson November 17, 2020 at 4:40 am
Summary “EU5 Robotic Surgery Market Outlook to 2025” is a comprehensive databook report, covering key market data on the EU5 Robotic Surgery market. The databook report provides value (USD), volume (u ...
via Bing News