The app VDonor helps you search for platelet donors in your nearby area. You can also sign up to become a donor and help the patients in need.
India is experiencing its worst dengue outbreak in 5 years with more than 27,000 people affected by the disease and over 60 reported* deaths till September 20. Worried about the rising number of dengue cases in India, Shreya Nagpal, 14-year-old Indian girl living in California with her parents and sister, shared an idea with her dad that could help deal with the severity of the vector-borne disease.
Since the prime requirement for a dengue patient with depleting platelet count is to find a blood and platelet donor, Shreya mooted an idea that an online community of voluntary blood donors be formed so as to expedite the blood transfusion process.
This thoughtful idea, tossed over in a dinner conversation, struck a chord with Shreya’s dad Deepak. Being in the technology industry for over 15 years, he devised an idea to make an app that could connect area-wise blood donors and needy patients could reach out to the already signed up platelet donors in their locality.
For Deepak, the best person to approach for this task was his old friend Sapan Babbar who runs a tech start up in Noida. Sapan has faced the dengue fright himself when his pregnant wife was combating the disease 8 years ago. He, without batting an eyelid, took upon the daunting task and agreed to make the app free of cost. A week of labour and sleepless nights from his tech team gave birth to a breakthrough app – VDonor.
Sapan shares, “SOS messages for blood requirement keep floating around on Facebook, Whatsapp, Mails and are scattered all around, the app will help consolidate the gap and connect the blood donors and receivers on the same platform and at one’s fingertips.”
The Latest on: Dengue
via Google News
The Latest on: Dengue
- Mayor directs measures to prevent dengue in Doonon May 29, 2020 at 11:41 am
Since dengue is likely to increase in the rainy season, Dehradun mayor Sunil Uniyal 'Gama' instructed officials to begin a proper cleaning of drains in the city. Last year, there were cases of dengue ...
- Dengue Virus Capsid Protein Dynamics Reveals Spatially Heterogeneous Motion in Live-Infected-Cellson May 29, 2020 at 2:15 am
Dengue is the single most important human viral infection transmitted by insects. The function of the viral proteins andtheir interactions with the host cell is under exhaustive investigation with the ...
- Mosquitoes found breeding in 'hidden' containers placed in trees, says Hougang MP Png Eng Huat amid dengue concernon May 28, 2020 at 11:57 pm
Member of Parliament for Hougang Png Eng Huat said on Friday (May 29) that mosquitoes were found breeding inside containers that were ...
- NHS ministry to expedite Covid-19 hospital in anticipation of dengue virus outbreakon May 28, 2020 at 6:53 pm
Dedicated facility for Covid-19 patients to be completed in four to six weeks to avoid choking existing hospitals.
- Negri Sembilan sees rise in dengue caseson May 28, 2020 at 5:46 pm
The total number of dengue cases recorded in Negri Sembilan from January to May 23 has shown an 11.6% increase to 1,138 cases from 1,020 cases recorded in the same period last year.
- Government pledges to protect the public from Dengue the way they were safeguarded from Covid-19on May 28, 2020 at 12:29 am
Health Minister Pavithra Wanniarachchi pledged to safeguard the public from the infectious Dengue virus in the same manner that they protected the public from the Covid-19. Addressing the National ...
- Dengue cases on the rise in Negrion May 27, 2020 at 10:32 pm
The cumulative number of dengue cases recorded in Negri Sembilan from January to May 23 has shown an increase of 11.6 percent to 1,138 cases from 1,020 cases recorded in the same period last year.
- Dengue fever alarm raised in Spain as horror tiger mosquito 'all over Mediterranean coast'on May 27, 2020 at 5:24 am
EXPERTS have warned there is a risk of a dengue fever outbreak in Spain, as the country battles to contain the spread of coronavirus.
- Dengue complicates Southeast Asia's coronavirus fighton May 27, 2020 at 2:01 am
Treatments for these seasonal infections are very different from those for COVID-19, complicating the work of front-line medical workers. As of May 8, there were 53,660 cases of dengue fever in ...
- Dengue Vaccine Market Development Trends, Growth Factors And Outlook 2020-2026on May 26, 2020 at 10:48 am
New Jersey, United States, - The report is a brilliant presentation of critical dynamics, regional growth, competition, and other important aspects of the Dengue Vaccine Market. The factual, unbiased, ...
via Bing News