The app VDonor helps you search for platelet donors in your nearby area. You can also sign up to become a donor and help the patients in need.
India is experiencing its worst dengue outbreak in 5 years with more than 27,000 people affected by the disease and over 60 reported* deaths till September 20. Worried about the rising number of dengue cases in India, Shreya Nagpal, 14-year-old Indian girl living in California with her parents and sister, shared an idea with her dad that could help deal with the severity of the vector-borne disease.
Since the prime requirement for a dengue patient with depleting platelet count is to find a blood and platelet donor, Shreya mooted an idea that an online community of voluntary blood donors be formed so as to expedite the blood transfusion process.
This thoughtful idea, tossed over in a dinner conversation, struck a chord with Shreya’s dad Deepak. Being in the technology industry for over 15 years, he devised an idea to make an app that could connect area-wise blood donors and needy patients could reach out to the already signed up platelet donors in their locality.
For Deepak, the best person to approach for this task was his old friend Sapan Babbar who runs a tech start up in Noida. Sapan has faced the dengue fright himself when his pregnant wife was combating the disease 8 years ago. He, without batting an eyelid, took upon the daunting task and agreed to make the app free of cost. A week of labour and sleepless nights from his tech team gave birth to a breakthrough app – VDonor.
Sapan shares, “SOS messages for blood requirement keep floating around on Facebook, Whatsapp, Mails and are scattered all around, the app will help consolidate the gap and connect the blood donors and receivers on the same platform and at one’s fingertips.”
The Latest on: Dengue
via Google News
The Latest on: Dengue
- Guangdong Sees Nearly 700% rise in Dengue Fever Cases in 2019 on April 17, 2019 at 9:34 pm
Guangdong’s Center for Disease Control and Prevention has initiated a campaign to prevent and combat dengue fever, according to China Daily, after 79 cases of the mosquito-borne disease were confirmed ... […]
- Ministry of Health in St. Kitts-Nevis Educates Public on Ways to Protect Against Transmission of Dengue Fever on April 15, 2019 at 6:45 am
Basseterre, St. Kitts, April 12, 2019 (SKNIS): With the outbreak of dengue fever in neighbouring islands, particularly Jamaica, officials from the Ministry of Health have increased efforts to educate ... […]
- Zamboanga reports doubling of dengue this year on April 13, 2019 at 11:21 am
Health officials on the Zamboanga peninsula are reporting a doubling of dengue fever cases during the first few months of 2019. Zamboanga map/Howard the Duck The Department of Health-Region 9 (DOH ... […]
- Dengue outbreak declared on Tahiti on April 13, 2019 at 5:03 am
Health officials in French Polynesia are reporting (computer translated) the confirmation of several autochthonous cases of dengue type 2 dengue, unrelated and scattered over several communes in ... […]
- Tanzania: Dar Confirms Dengue Fever Outbreak, Refutes Death Report on April 12, 2019 at 2:55 am
THE government yesterday confirmed cases of Dengue fever-a mosquito-borne viral disease-in Dar es Salaam and Tanga regions but dismissed death report as unfounded. Deputy Minister for Health ... […]
- Tanzania's government announces outbreak of dengue fever on April 11, 2019 at 2:37 pm
Tanzanian authorities have announced an outbreak of the mosquito-borne dengue fever in the commercial capital Dar es Salaam and Tanga region along the coast. Deputy health minister Faustine ... […]
- Tanzania - Health Ministry Cautions Over Existence of Dengue Fever on April 11, 2019 at 11:05 am
Dar es Salaam — The Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, the Elderly and Children has finally admitted about the existence of dengue fever disease in the country, whereby Dar es ... […]
- Malaria, dengue fever: Time to check breeding of mosquitoes' larvae, say experts on April 10, 2019 at 5:00 pm
The recent rain spells and rise in mercury level in the country may help creating possible breeding sites for larvae of mosquitoes putting population at risk of facing a possible outbreak of dengue ... […]
- Chembio's zika, dengue and chikungunya multiplex test approved in Brazil on April 9, 2019 at 10:41 am
Agência Nacional de Vigilância Sanitária ((ANVISA)), Brazil’s health regulatory agency approves Chembio Diagnostics' (NASDAQ:CEMI) DPP Zika/Dengue/Chikungunya System. Chembio’s DPP Zika ... […]
- Chembio Diagnostics Announces Approval of Zika, Dengue and Chikungunya Point-of-Care Multiplex Test by Brazil’s Health Regulatory Agency on April 9, 2019 at 5:06 am
April 09, 2019 08:00 ET | Source: Chembio Diagnostics, Inc. MEDFORD, N.Y., April 09, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Chembio Diagnostics, Inc. (Nasdaq: CEMI), a leading point-of-care diagnostics company ... […]
via Bing News