Researchers have programmed drones to be able to construct a rope bridge that could save lives in the aftermath of a natural disaster
Researchers have programmed three quadcopter drones to self-assemble a bridge using ropes.
The structure measures 7.4 metres long, consists of nine rope segments for a total rope length of about 120 metres and is able to hold an adult, something which has the potential to save lives in the event of a natural disaster.
The Latest on: Rescue drones
via Google News
The Latest on: Rescue drones
- Search and rescue operation for 66-year-old hiker is suspendedon June 27, 2020 at 1:18 pm
Search and rescue crews find a deceased male that match the description of 66-year-old Jim Fuchs of Grand Junction.
- Soap Bubbles Delivered By a Tiny Drone Can Pollinate Crops If Bees Aren’t Available, Says Studyon June 27, 2020 at 9:49 am
Japanese scientist Eijiro Miyako at JAIST has successfully pollinated a pear orchard using soap bubbles with pollen grains, hoping to find bee alternative.
- Terrifying Drone Footage Captures a Shark Swimming Below Surfers in South Africaon June 27, 2020 at 9:41 am
Recent drone footage taken along the coast of South Africa shows a great white shark swimming uncomfortably close to surfers. South Africa’s Sea Rescue issued a warning to swimmers and surfers after ...
- See This Picture? Meet Israel’s New Starliner Drone.on June 26, 2020 at 1:03 pm
A new type of large drone, capable of doing surveillance or border security and other missions, may be flying over civilian airspace of countries in the near future. While large drones have generally ...
- Game of Drones Returns: Welcome to HoverGames 2on June 26, 2020 at 12:33 pm
The last board provides interfaces for drones or rovers that follow the PX4 standard like ... It could be used for search and rescue as well as assist in locating and tracking people in areas where ...
- Growing Industry of Public Safety Drones Market is Expected to Rise Massive USD Value till 2027on June 26, 2020 at 9:11 am
Big market research of the global Public Safety Drones market has been carried out to compile the market report ...
- Watch: Drone footage shows white shark swimming close to surfers in South Africaon June 26, 2020 at 2:05 am
The drone footage shows a large white shark swimming under many ... Mossel Bay and Jeffreys Bay.https://t.co/IKbxE3tNhh pic.twitter.com/3uI02FGgSc — Sea Rescue South Africa (@NSRI) June 23, 2020 ...
- Drone Captures Terrifying Video Of Massive Great White Shark Swimming Beneath Surfers [WATCH]on June 25, 2020 at 9:59 pm
A drone flying over a beach in South Africa captured a video of a great white shark swimming underneath surfers.
- Great White Shark Filmed Lurking Beneath Surfers in South Africa From Droneon June 25, 2020 at 3:04 am
Drone footage showing a large great white shark swimming beneath surfers off South Africa's southern coast has been released by National Sea Rescue Institute (NSRI). The video shows the shark in ...
- Drones learn acrobatics by themselveson June 24, 2020 at 6:02 pm
Now a collaboration between researchers from the University of Zurich (part of the NCCR Robotics consortium) and Intel has developed a quadcopter that can learn to fly acrobatics autonomously, paving ...
via Bing News