Researchers in Japan succeeded in producing highly reproducible and highly stable perovskite solar cells by a low-temperature solution process.
The results were published the Journal of Materials Chemistry A issued by the Royal Society of Chemistry (UK).
The ad hoc Team on Perovskite PV Cells (Team Leader: Kenjiro Miyano) of the Global Research Center for Environment and Energy based on Nanomaterials Science (GREEN) at the National Institute for Materials Science (NIMS) succeeded in producing highly reproducible and highly stable perovskite solar cells by using a low-temperature solution process, which is essential for realizing next-generation solar cells with such characteristics as low-cost, lightweight and flexible (Figure).
Conventional perovskite solar cells produced by a low-temperature solution process had problems in terms of stability and reproducibility, and details of their operational mechanism were difficult to clarify. In this research, the team newly developed a chlorine-mediated interdiffusion method, in which chlorine is added in the process of forming perovskite crystals, and realized high-efficiency perovskite solar cells having the following excellent characteristics by using a low-temperature solution process.
- A process temperature of less than 140°C at the most (high compatibility with flexible substrates, etc.)
- Excellent stability exhibiting consistent output characteristics for a long period
- Excellent durability maintaining stable output characteristics even under continuous light exposure for about two hours
- Highly reliable output characteristics and reproducibility exhibiting consistent conversion efficiency irrespective of the voltage sweep direction, etc.
Use of a low-temperature solution process makes it possible to produce solar cells with lightweight and flexible substrates such as plastic. In addition, the realization of highly stable, durable, and reproducible devices based on this research result enables detailed analysis of the operation of the devices even under continuous light exposure. Therefore, elucidation of the operational mechanism, which had been difficult in the past, is expected to advance remarkably toward practical application of perovskite solar cells.
The Latest on: Perovskite solar cells
via Google News
The Latest on: Perovskite solar cells
- Reliance New Energy picks up 20% stake in Caelux to shore up its position in advanced solar techon September 22, 2022 at 9:33 pm
Reliance is shoring up advanced green energy technologies as it builds out its Gigafactory for its new energy ecosystem. The $12 million investment in Caelux Corp will give it access to the company’s ...
- Rice University researchers 'dissolve' final roadblock in perovskite solar panelson September 22, 2022 at 11:02 am
Perovskites can deliver high energy efficiency but are also prone to degradation when exposed to moisture. A breakthrough could help commercialization.
- Solvent study solves solar cell durability puzzleon September 22, 2022 at 11:00 am
Rice University engineers say they've solved a long-standing conundrum in making stable, efficient solar panels out of halide perovskites.
- Perovskite Solar Cell Market Is Valued to Grasp the Worth of USD 36.66 billion by 2029: Size, Shares, Trends, Growth and Revenue Outlookon September 22, 2022 at 9:25 am
DALLAS, Sept. 22, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- A Qualitative Research Study accomplished by Data Bridge Market research's database of 350 pages, titled “Global Perovskite Solar Cell Market” with 100+ ...
- IDTechEx Discusses Powering Ubiquitous Electronics with Perovskite Photovoltaicson September 22, 2022 at 2:24 am
Internet of Things (IoT) devices promise to enable a world of smart, connected objects, with their number expected to rapidly accelerate to billions by 2030. However, small electronic devices ...
- Prospects for Ruddlesden–Popper perovskite solar cellson September 22, 2022 at 1:05 am
Researchers from the Eindhoven University of Technology have investigated the potential of Quasi-2D Ruddlesden–Popper perovskite (RPP) for applications in solar cells. “Ruddlesden–Popper perovskite ...
- Perovskite Solar Cells Market Size, Share-Global Trends, Market Demand, Industry Analysis, Growth, Opportunities and Forecast 2028on September 21, 2022 at 10:26 pm
Global Perovskite Solar Cells Market (2022-2028) research report represents a detailed overview of the current ...
- Inverted perovskite solar cell achieves 22.31% efficiency via novel electron-accepting interlayeron September 21, 2022 at 12:57 am
A Korean research group has built an inverted perovskite cell that is able to retain 91.7% of its initial efficiency after 1,000 h under standard illumination conditions. They built the device with ...
- Novel carrier doping in p-type semiconductors enhances photovoltaic device performance by increasing hole concentrationon September 19, 2022 at 7:40 am
Perovskite solar cells have been the subject of much research as the next generation of photovoltaic devices. However, many challenges remain to be overcome for the practical application. One of them ...
- Perovskite Solar Cell Market Trends, Shares, Key Players, Regional Overview and Market Is Growing At CAGR Of 34.50% By 2029on September 16, 2022 at 5:05 am
Perovskite Solar Cell market research study presents research data which makes the document a handy resource for managers, analysts, industry experts, and other key people get ready-to-access and ...
via Bing News