Using palm oil and Rutaceae herb, researchers have developed cooking oil that can be used 80 times. This cooking oil was scientifically defined using the main ingredients which are not only capable of reducing oil absorption in fried cooking up to 85 per cent but also minimize the risks of getting cardiovascular and cancer.
Using palm oil and Rutaceae herb, researchers at University of Putra Malaysia (UPM) have developed cooking oil that can be used 80 times.
Mohamed has invented AFDHAL cooking oil which was formulated using natural herbal extracts, capable of reducing oil absorption in cooking and can be used repeatedly for at least 80 times.
Prof Suhaila said AFDHA cooking oil was scientifically defined using the main ingredients, palm oil and Rutaceae herb, which are not only capable of reducing oil absorption in fried cooking up to 85 per cent but also minimise the risks of getting cardiovascular and cancer.
“Extracts from Rutaceaea herb serve as a natural antioxidant that prevents cooking oil from damage.
“Besides, wastage can be avoided through the use of cooking oil for 80 times, without affecting one’s health.
“Another plus point of this product is that it is rich in high antioxidant, has antibacterial properties and antihistamine to enhance crunchiness, taste and quality of fried foods to prevent damage to the oil whether in cooking or keeping and poses less health risks.
“AFDHAL oil can be used for all types of cooking oils by applying 15 millimetre (ml) or one big spoonful to 150 ml or half a cup of cooking oil,” she said.
The Latest on: Cooking oil
via Google News
The Latest on: Cooking oil
- MasterChef judge Jock Zonfrillo shares his cooking tricks to pick the right potatoes for every dishon June 27, 2020 at 7:47 pm
MasterChef Australia judge Jock Zonfrillo has offered his simple guide to picking the right potatoes for your recipe - from kestrel to creme gold.
- RHONY Star Dorinda Medley is Cooking up a Storm on Social Mediaon June 27, 2020 at 5:12 pm
Real Housewives of New York cast member Dorinda Medley is serving up recipes and cooking tutorials to last for days on her YouTube channel.
- Queer Eye’s Antoni Porowski tells us what he's cooking up for summer and Pride this yearon June 27, 2020 at 1:35 pm
As Queer Eye’s resident food and wine expert, Antoni Porowski doesn’t simply help people learn how to cook in their kitchens. Whether it was his controversial g ...
- How the legacy of colonialism built a palm oil empireon June 26, 2020 at 4:39 pm
Belgium’s King Leopold II exerted control over a vast area of Africa that would later become the Democratic Republic of the Congo. His rule was characterized by systematic brutality that led to the ...
- Glass Olive Oil Jars to Make Your Home Dining Experience Feel Fancieron June 26, 2020 at 1:38 pm
This essential kitchen oil is pulled out while you’re cooking a variety of cuisines. It’s also a staple during pasta and bread nights. It usually has a spot center-stage in the middle of your kitchen ...
- How to Grill Pretty Much Any Vegetableon June 26, 2020 at 12:38 pm
Smoky and tender with just a bit of bite, grilled vegetables can be the star of a cookout if you know how to cook them right. Summer in the era of the novel coronavirus is a different kind of season.
- Is Castor Oil The Secret to Hair Growth?on June 24, 2020 at 3:16 pm
Castor oil, also known as ricinus communis, is a nutrient-rich vegetable oil that comes from castor beans. Although it originates in tropical east Africa, it is widely used for cosmetic and medicinal ...
- Get Cooking: No salt, no problem. Pantry substitutes to the rescueon June 24, 2020 at 11:00 am
Out of it” may mean one thing in politics, protests or parenting, but a truly different–and at times unhappy—thing in the pantry.
- EU lacks ‘complete overview’ about used cooking oil originson June 24, 2020 at 4:36 am
The European Commission does not have a “complete overview” of the origin of used cooking oils used for the production of biodiesel consumed in the EU, but appears set to tighten the rules, ...
- The St. Petersburg Free Clinic has taken its cooking lessons onlineon June 24, 2020 at 2:10 am
"As someone who cooks, I know you can get three meals out of a chicken." She took a whole chicken back to the Free Clinic Teaching Kitchen and made a video of how to prepare it, how to roast it and ...
via Bing News