Explore beautiful landscapes and dive into adventures with Icaros workout station
Icaros is a workout station that lets you exercise while stimulating adventures like exploring space, flying through the Amazons or going on a deep sea dive. Icarus uses a virtual reality headset to help you get lost in alternative realities while getting a healthy workout. Or as Johannes Scholl, HYVE Innovative Designer and Icaros developer calls it: “bodytainment.”
You control your flight path and explorations with the movement of the body, which sounds intuitive enough. The trick is to maintain your balance and not to crash, which requires quick reflexes and a keen sense of balance and coordination.
According to Scholl, though it looks easy, it requires training to perform well: “While doing your left/right and up/down moves, you train primarily shoulders and back. Also, your abs and your lateral abdominal muscles are trained intensively. It burns calories.”
The complete Icaros setup require four parts: the futuristic looking machine itself, Virtual Reality goggles, a desktop and a smartphone. The smartphone measures the pitch and angle of your movements, and sends it to the PC app, which runs a variety of exciting visual environments for you to experience. You can explore beautiful landscapes, fly in space or surf waves—the possibilities are limitless.
The Latest on: Virtual Reality Workout
via Google News
The Latest on: Virtual Reality Workout
- Bridgewater Goes High-Tech, Uses Virtual Reality To Train Policeon November 27, 2020 at 2:47 pm
The Street Smart VR System offers training scenarios created through body-worn camera footage to put officers through real-life situations.
- American Fork company looks to help retail stores avoid theft using virtual realityon November 27, 2020 at 12:00 pm
With the holiday shopping season underway, American Fork's eLearning Brothers have developed virtual reality training to help train retail stores and employees on possible theft risk factors.
- Virtual reality provides 'immersive' training on sexual harassmenton November 25, 2020 at 12:35 am
The International Bar Association has teamed up with a virtual reality company to offer training about sexual harassment and bullying, as lawyers are urged to escalate acts of suspected misconduct to ...
- Global Virtual Reality in Aerospace and Defense Market Comprehensive Insight by Growth Rate, Trends, Industry Status, Key Players Forecast till 2026on November 24, 2020 at 1:04 pm
The global “Virtual Reality in Aerospace and Defense Market” is expected to rise with an impressive CAGR and generate ...
- Bridgewater police 'light-years ahead' with new virtual reality trainingon November 24, 2020 at 8:35 am
"We're really going to be light-years ahead of everybody," Mayor Matt Moench said at Monday's township council meeting.
- One-of-a-kind virtual training center keeps Robins AFB reality readyon November 24, 2020 at 5:06 am
Defenders virtually face real world scenarios like shoot/don’t shoot, use of force, escalating/de-escalating and gate guard procedures.
- Jenson8 And SMCOVEY Team Up To Make Learning With Virtual Reality Easily Accessibleon November 23, 2020 at 8:05 am
SMCOVEY and Jenson8 have entered into a partnership to bring content from the market’s top intellectual property creators to life using Jenson8′s Apollo virtual reality (VR) platform. This partnership ...
- Transfr raises $12M Series A to bring virtual reality to manufacturing-plant floorson November 19, 2020 at 1:47 pm
The coronavirus has displaced millions of workers across the country. In order to recover, companies must focus on re-skilling their workforces in a measured and sustainable way. However, training and ...
- Virtual Reality Startup Raises $12M to Help Displaced Workers Retrain for New Jobson November 19, 2020 at 6:00 am
TRANSFR VR, an immersive learning startup pioneering the application of virtual reality to simulate on-the-job training, today announced $12 million i ...
- Virtual Reality: A Training Tool for Biological Sampling Webinaron November 18, 2020 at 4:03 pm
Responders typically prepare for such events by learning sampling and decontamination protocols either in a classroom setting or in a condensed training provided prior to conducting sampling in a ...
via Bing News