Explore beautiful landscapes and dive into adventures with Icaros workout station
Icaros is a workout station that lets you exercise while stimulating adventures like exploring space, flying through the Amazons or going on a deep sea dive. Icarus uses a virtual reality headset to help you get lost in alternative realities while getting a healthy workout. Or as Johannes Scholl, HYVE Innovative Designer and Icaros developer calls it: “bodytainment.”
You control your flight path and explorations with the movement of the body, which sounds intuitive enough. The trick is to maintain your balance and not to crash, which requires quick reflexes and a keen sense of balance and coordination.
According to Scholl, though it looks easy, it requires training to perform well: “While doing your left/right and up/down moves, you train primarily shoulders and back. Also, your abs and your lateral abdominal muscles are trained intensively. It burns calories.”
The complete Icaros setup require four parts: the futuristic looking machine itself, Virtual Reality goggles, a desktop and a smartphone. The smartphone measures the pitch and angle of your movements, and sends it to the PC app, which runs a variety of exciting visual environments for you to experience. You can explore beautiful landscapes, fly in space or surf waves—the possibilities are limitless.
The Latest on: Virtual Reality Workout
via Google News
The Latest on: Virtual Reality Workout
- Cemtrex’s Virtual Driver Interactive (VDI) Now Offering Driving EssentialsXE Teen Driver ...on November 23, 2020 at 8:23 am
Cemtrex Inc. (NASDAQ: CETX, CETXP, CETXW), a technology company driving innovation in Internet of Things (IoT), security, machine vision & artificial ...
- Cemtrex’s Virtual Driver Interactive (VDI) Now Offering Driving EssentialsXE Teen Driver Training on PlayStation5 and Xbox Series Xon November 23, 2020 at 7:13 am
(NASDAQ: CETX, CETXP, CETXW), a technology company driving innovation in Internet of Things (IoT), security, machine vision & artificial intelligence, and augmented & virtual reality, today announced ...
- Jenson8 And SMCOVEY Team Up To Make Learning With Virtual Reality Easily Accessibleon November 23, 2020 at 7:00 am
SMCOVEY and Jenson8 have entered into a partnership to bring content from the market's top intellectual property creators to life using Jenson8's Apollo virtual reality (VR) platform. This partnership ...
- Robins one-of-a-kind virtual training center keeps base reality readyon November 20, 2020 at 11:01 am
A new and unique virtual training facility at Robins Air Force Base, Georgia, is keeping the 78th Security Forces Squadron ready and more lethal during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Transfr raises $12M Series A to bring virtual reality to manufacturing-plant floorson November 19, 2020 at 1:47 pm
The coronavirus has displaced millions of workers across the country. In order to recover, companies must focus on re-skilling their workforces in a measured and sustainable way. However, training and ...
- Virtual Reality Startup Raises $12M to Help Displaced Workers Retrain for New Jobson November 19, 2020 at 6:00 am
TRANSFR VR, an immersive learning startup pioneering the application of virtual reality to simulate on-the-job training, today announced $12 million i ...
- Virtual Reality: A Training Tool for Biological Sampling Webinaron November 18, 2020 at 4:03 pm
Responders typically prepare for such events by learning sampling and decontamination protocols either in a classroom setting or in a condensed training provided prior to conducting sampling in a ...
- Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality (ARVR) Market Report 2020 Recent Development and Trends, Expected Growth and its Factors, CAGR, Industry Sizeon November 18, 2020 at 9:18 am
These factors are estimated to impact the market growth in a positive manner in the next few years. Download Sample of This Strategic Report:- The global market for augmented reality and virtual ...
- A Multibillion Dollar Trend: When Virtual Reality Meets Augmented Realityon November 17, 2020 at 8:19 am
Before we dig into what’s driving those hockey stick forecasts, let’s clarify just what the difference is between augmented reality and virtual reality, and what happens when the two intersect.
- Worldwide Spending on Augmented and Virtual Reality Forecast to Deliver Strong Growth Through 2024, According to a New IDC Spending Guideon November 17, 2020 at 5:34 am
Worldwide spending on augmented reality and virtual reality (AR/VR) is forecast to grow to $72.8 billion in 2024, according to IDC.
via Bing News