Scientists have found that baicalein significantly lowers eye pressure and may act as an all-natural treatment for glaucoma.
The research is being presented at the 2015 Annual Meeting of the Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology (ARVO) this week in Denver, Colo.
When animals were treated with baicalein, eye pressure was reduced by improving the rate at which fluid drained from the eye. The effect was increased when the drug was administered under nighttime conditions.
Baicalein is a natural product found in some plants. Glaucoma is a blinding eye disease where vision is lost due to elevated pressure inside the eye. Current treatments suffer from unwanted side effects, necessitating the search for new treatment options.
The Latest on: Baicalein
via Google News
The Latest on: Baicalein
- Baicalein inhibits fibronectin-induced epithelial–mesenchymal transition by decreasing activation and upregulation of calpain-2on April 18, 2019 at 6:23 am
The extracellular matrix protein fibronectin (FN) facilitates tumorigenesis and the development of breast cancer. Inhibition of the FN-induced cellular response is a potential strategy for breast ... […]
- Baicalein induces apoptosis and autophagy of breast cancer cells via inhibiting PI3K/AKT pathway in vivo and vitroon July 29, 2018 at 5:00 pm
Department of Oncology, The Second Affiliated Hospital, Xi’an Jiaotong University, Xi’an, China Purpose: Baicalein, a widely used Chinese herbal medicine, has shown anticancer effects on many types of ... […]
- Therapeutic effects of baicalein on rotenone-induced Parkinson’s disease through protecting mitochondrial function and biogenesison August 29, 2017 at 5:00 pm
Mitochondrial dysfunction has been implicated in the pathogenesis of Parkinson’s disease (PD) for several decades, and disturbed mitochondrial biogenesis (mitobiogenesis) was recently found to be a ... […]
- Researchers report specific ways that plant extracts target and kill cancerous cells in the breast and colonon May 10, 2017 at 5:13 am
A team from the Institute for Basic Science at the Ulsan National Institute of Science and Technology (UNIST) in Korea and the National Human Genome Research Institute in the US also investigated how ... […]
- New Treatment Showing Promise In Reducing Appearance Of Scarson October 24, 2016 at 3:50 pm
“There’s a new plant-based injection called baicalein. It inhibits the pathway that leads to scars,” Dr. Horvath says. “This is only being done in animals to date though. It’s not yet available for ... […]
- Liver Health Supplement Reduces Colon Tumor Growth In Miceon June 22, 2016 at 6:12 pm
Baicalein, a herbal supplement, binds to mismatched DNA and causes cancerous cells to self-destruct in a tightly-regulated cell suicide process. AsianScientist (Jun. 23, 2016) – With help from a ... […]
- Breakthrough in the treatment of cancer reportedon June 18, 2016 at 11:56 am
Baicalein is a small molecule used as a herbal supplement ... Institute for Basic Science. (2016, June 15). Breakthrough in the treatment of cancer reported: Research team reports an inhibition of ... […]
- Researchers report breakthrough inhibition of colon tumors in mice modelson June 15, 2016 at 5:23 am
Scientists from the Institute for Basic Science (IBS) have successfully inhibited the growth of colon tumors in mice with mismatch repair deficiency ... drugs but the IBS team identified baicalein as ... […]
- IBS breakthrough in the treatment of canceron June 13, 2016 at 5:00 pm
The cancer cells deficient in DNA MMR are resistant to most conventional chemotherapeutic drugs but the IBS team identified baicalein as a suitable antagonist to battle the malignant cancerous cells. ... […]
- Herbal supplement may successfully treat glaucomaon May 7, 2015 at 6:40 am
Abstract Title: Baicalein lowers intraocular pressure and increases outflow facility in mouse eye. Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology (ARVO). "Herbal supplement may successfully ... […]
via Bing News