A breakthrough in machine learning has also brought about a “game changer” for the science of metabolomics – and will hasten the development of diagnostic and predictive tests for Alzheimer’s, cancer, diabetes and numerous other conditions, leading to improved prevention and treatment.
University of Alberta computing science PhD graduate Siamak Ravanbakhsh published his research in the scientific journal PLOS ONE on an automated process that increases the speed and accuracy of producing a person’s metabolic profile from a sample of biofluid such as blood serum or cerebrospinal fluid using NMR spectrometry. Such a profile can provide a functional read-out of the developmental, physiological or pathological state of a biological system. This ability to quickly and accurately measure the levels of various molecules in a single sample of biofluid marks a significant advance for simple, cost-effective, predictive medical screening.
“The analogy is that we’ve been looking at the world through a keyhole and now we’re looking through a picture window,” said David Wishart, a professor of biological sciences and computing science who co-supervised the research.
This software application, dubbed Bayesil, will accelerate the creation of libraries of metabolic profiles for different biofluids that can be used to develop preventive and diagnostic screening for various diseases — in some cases months or even years before a condition is detectable by current screening methods.
The Latest on: Metabolomics
via Google News
The Latest on: Metabolomics
- Metabolomics opens a path to personalized skincareon July 25, 2019 at 10:09 pm
The skin is a complex organ — and creating skincare products that work effectively requires complex science. At The Estée Lauder Companies, Dr. Nadine Pernodet leads a team that uses state-of-the-art ... […]
- Finding the Needle in a Metabolic Haystackon July 25, 2019 at 12:13 pm
Today, researchers are combining genomics and metabolomics to identify genes that, when mutated, give rise to metabolic diseases in children. By integrating whole exome sequencing (WES) with broad ... […]
- Major Players Operating in the Global Metabolomics Market 2019-2023 | Technavioon July 25, 2019 at 12:07 am
Many investigators and researchers are using metabolomics in the study of chronic diseases such as cancer, which helps them to discover new biomarkers for cancer. The adoption of metabolomics ... […]
- Uncovering mechanisms of global ocean change effects on the Dungeness crab (Cancer magister) through metabolomics analysison July 24, 2019 at 2:08 am
The Dungeness crab is an economically and ecologically important species distributed along the North American Pacific coast. To predict how Dungeness crab may physiologically respond to future global ... […]
- Metabolomics Market 2019| Industry Growth by Forecast to 2024 - MRE Reporton July 22, 2019 at 8:38 am
Jul 22, 2019 (Heraldkeepers) -- New York, July 22, 2019: The report covers detailed competitive outlook including the market share and company profiles of the key participants operating in the global ... […]
- Metabolomics Market - Key Trends/opportunities/challenges Analysison July 19, 2019 at 10:34 am
Several market players are focusing on mergers and acquisition to acquire newer talent and expertise to their existing pool. Companies are also expected to resort to collaborating with smaller and ... […]
- Metabolomics Market 2019| Report Growth During by 2024 - MRE Analysison July 15, 2019 at 11:52 am
Jul 15, 2019 (Heraldkeepers) -- New York, July 15, 2019: Metabolomics is scientific term in which technical study of metabolites which is small molecules, biological cell, biofluids, tissue and organs ... […]
- Metabolomics Market Size, opportunities, Trends and Forecast to 2025 by Credence Researchon July 2, 2019 at 7:35 am
The latest market report published by Credence Research, Inc. “Metabolomics Market - Growth, Future Prospects and Competitive Analysis, 2017 - 2025”, the global metabolomics market was valued at US$ ... […]
- Global Metabolomics Market Is Expected To Reach US$ 2,428.1 Mn By 2025 | Credence Researchon July 1, 2019 at 6:59 am
The latest market report published by Credence Research, Inc. “Metabolomics Market By Product And Services (Metabolomic Instruments, Metabolomics Bioinformatics Tools And Services), By Application ... […]
- Metabolomics may be key to identifying diabetes-related kidney diseaseon June 23, 2019 at 5:00 pm
Metabolomics, the study of small molecules the body produces during metabolism (metabolites) may be a future key to identifying diabetes-related kidney disease. The finding will be presented today at ... […]
via Bing News