Direct continuous synthesis of medicines becomes possible
A University of Tokyo research group has succeeded in synthesizing (R)- and (S)-rolipram, the active component of a medicine, in high yield with high selectivity by an innovative catalyzed flow fine synthesis instead of the traditional batch method used in the production of 99% of medicines.
Professor Shu Kobayashi’s group at the Graduate School of Science has developed highly active immobilized catalysts (heterogeneous catalysts) and demonstrated simple and highly efficient synthesis of (R)- and (S)-rolipram by an eight-step continuous flow reaction using multiple column reactors containing the immobilized catalysts.
Currently, the active components of medicines as well as other fine chemicals are synthesized by a repeated batch reaction method, in which all starting materials are mixed in reaction vessels and the desired compounds are extracted after the all reactions have finished. In this method excess energy and operational steps are needed and a significant amount of waste is generated.
The Latest on: Synthetic technology
via Google News
The Latest on: Synthetic technology
- FMC Corporation Launches FMC Ventures to Advance Emerging Ag Technology Innovationon June 25, 2020 at 4:30 am
PRNewswire/ -- FMC Corporation (NYSE: FMC) announced today that it has launched FMC Ventures. The new venture capital arm of FMC Corporation is ...
- Synthetic Biology Market Insights, Current And Future Market Trends & Forecast Till 2027on June 24, 2020 at 3:17 am
The synthetic biology market report, published by GMI Research, provides extensive insight and analysis of the synthetic biology market over the forecast period (2020-2027). The report primarily ...
- Jumio and AAMVA help organizations better detect new account and synthetic fraud attemptson June 23, 2020 at 4:56 pm
Jumio announced the launch of a suite of data-driven services including address validation, proof of residence and a new partnership with the AAMVA.
- Synthetic Hormones Market Is Booming Worldwide | Pfizer Inc., McGuff Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Lyndra Therapeutics, Incon June 23, 2020 at 11:22 am
Coherent Market Insights “SYNTHETIC HORMONES – GLOBAL TRENDS, ESTIMATES AND FORECASTS, 2020-2027″ Synthetic Hormones Market Report- 2020 Analyses competitive environment such as key players, future ...
- Assessment of COVID-19's Effect on Gear Oil Market 2020-2024 | Growing Demand for Fully Synthetic Gear Oil to Augment Growth | Technavioon June 23, 2020 at 9:31 am
Growing demand for fully synthetic gear oil has been instrumental in driving ... and forecast 2019-2024 Market opportunity by end-user Technavio is a leading global technology research and advisory ...
- Synthetic peptide could be an effective COVID-19 treatment and SARS-CoV-2 vaccineon June 21, 2020 at 10:48 pm
Ligandal, one of the world’s leading genetic medicine companies, has modeled a synthetic peptide that could be an effective ... and is currently validating the preclinical efficacy of its technology.
- Global and China Synthetic Diamond Industry Report, 2020-2026on June 19, 2020 at 5:42 pm
Reportlinker.com announces the release of the report "Global and China Synthetic Diamond Industry Report, 2020-2026" -.
- COVID-19 Impact and Recovery Analysis- Synthetic Leather Market 2020-2024 | The High Demand From Developing Economies to Boost Growth | Technavioon June 19, 2020 at 5:00 pm
Technavio has announced its latest market research report titled Global Synthetic Leather Market 2020-2024 (Graphic: Business Wire). LONDON-- ( BUSINESS WIRE )--Technavio has been monitoring the ...
- NIH Partners with Israeli Startup to Generate Synthetic COVID-19 Dataon June 18, 2020 at 11:07 am
The ultimate aim is to garner new, evidence-based insights to support the fight against the novel coronavirus.
- Global and China Synthetic Diamond Industry (2020 to 2026) - Featuring Element Six, Saint Gobain & Husqvarna Among Others - ResearchAndMarkets.comon June 18, 2020 at 10:04 am
The "Global and China Synthetic Diamond Industry Report, 2020-2026" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
via Bing News