Scientists have created an exoskeleton without any electronic motors, heavy batteries and pneumatic actuators called the Sensorimotor Enhancing Suit (SEnS)
The soft upper body vest is made out of flexible fabrics and enhances sensorimotor functions by reducing the load on muscles in the upper limbs.
The goal with SEnS was to create a soft and light exoskeleton that was inexpensive, easy-to-wear and simple to maintain. While hard, robotic exoskeletons like Fortis, XOS 2 and HULC can help a person carry immense loads, SEnS is targeted towards improving sensorimotor performance by reducing muscle loads at specific points.
“We calculated the movement of the human muscle using a computer and measured the maximum point of human sensorimotor function,” says Associate Professor Yuichi Kurita at the Institute of Engineering at Hiroshima University. “SEnS is designed to improve sensorimotor performance during use.”
The Latest on: Soft exoskeleton
via Google News
The Latest on: Soft exoskeleton
- At 45% CAGR, Exoskeleton Market Size to Worth USD 2896.47 Million by 2025 | Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast to 2025on November 25, 2020 at 11:03 am
Exoskeleton Market is valued at USD 214.93 Million in 2018 and expected to reach USD 2896.47 Million by 2025 with the CAGR ...
- Cheap, Fast Fabrication of Insect-Like Robotson November 23, 2020 at 4:00 pm
Instead of adding soft components to a rigid infrastructure, Gravish’s team used inspiration from insect exoskeletons--which have both soft and rigid parts—allowing them to construct soft components ...
- Can exoskeletons improve poultry processing worker safety?on November 20, 2020 at 10:14 am
Exoskeleton technology could help minimize workplace injuries and worker fatigue at poultry processing plants.
- Sarcos Robotics Named to TIME’s List of 100 Best Inventions of 2020 for its Guardian XO Full-Body, Powered Industrial Exoskeletonon November 20, 2020 at 6:00 am
World’s first full-body, battery-powered wearable robot selected as a winner in the Productivity categorySALT LAKE CITY--(BUSINESS WIRE)--#GuardianXO--Sarcos Robotics, a global leader in the ...
- Bioservo signs distribution agreement with Alpha Quantix in USAon November 20, 2020 at 3:50 am
We are very pleased to be able to offer Bioservo's Ironhand ®, an outstanding active soft exoskeleton for the hand, throughout the Western United States." Says Robert J Curtis, CEO at Alpha Quantix.
- Will Russia Field Robo-Soldiers in 5 Years?on November 13, 2020 at 4:01 pm
However, the exoskeleton would reportedly allow soldiers ... the United States has recently been experimenting with a robot suit – the “Soft Exosuit” – using textiles (nylon, polyester ...
- Rolex Laureate Developing Soft Exosuiton November 7, 2020 at 4:00 pm
Harvard researcher Conor Walsh--a 2016 Rolex Award Laureate--discusses his team's development of a soft, wearable exosuit for people with physical impairments. Wearable robotic technology in the form ...
- Soft Exosuit to Help Soldiers Run Up Mountains, May Herald Next Gen Rehab Deviceson October 29, 2020 at 5:00 pm
The U.S. military is keen on developing powered exoskeletons that may one day help ... Laboratory is now testing on behalf of DARPA a soft suit developed at Harvard’s Wyss Institute that helps ...
- Researchers Take a Softer Approach to Wearable Robotson October 29, 2020 at 5:00 pm
ReWalk Robotics, a manufacturer of exoskeleton technologies, debuted the latest prototype for a soft suit exoskeleton device that aims to assist stroke survivors in the process of regaining mobility.
- GM Looking To Integrate Exoskeleton Technology Into Workplace: Videoon October 29, 2020 at 3:38 pm
GM says the exoskeleton “uses springs and clutches ... it developed for a NASA robot and parlay that technology into a soft, wearable, strength-enhancing glove. Bioservo, a Swedish medical ...
via Bing News