Scientists have created an exoskeleton without any electronic motors, heavy batteries and pneumatic actuators called the Sensorimotor Enhancing Suit (SEnS)
The soft upper body vest is made out of flexible fabrics and enhances sensorimotor functions by reducing the load on muscles in the upper limbs.
The goal with SEnS was to create a soft and light exoskeleton that was inexpensive, easy-to-wear and simple to maintain. While hard, robotic exoskeletons like Fortis, XOS 2 and HULC can help a person carry immense loads, SEnS is targeted towards improving sensorimotor performance by reducing muscle loads at specific points.
“We calculated the movement of the human muscle using a computer and measured the maximum point of human sensorimotor function,” says Associate Professor Yuichi Kurita at the Institute of Engineering at Hiroshima University. “SEnS is designed to improve sensorimotor performance during use.”
The Latest on: Soft exoskeleton
via Google News
The Latest on: Soft exoskeleton
- Knees Of Iron: Lockheed’s ONYX Exoskeletonon October 17, 2019 at 1:19 pm
Full-body armored exoskeletons have been a dream of military ... And an emerging field called soft robotics holds the potential for even lighter and more flexible equipment in the future.
- Benefits of adding exoskeletons to supply chainson October 14, 2019 at 6:05 am
Exoskeletons are wearable devices placed on the user’s body to augment, reinforce, or restore human performance. Materials range from metal and carbon to fiber, soft, and elastic parts. Exoskeletons ...
- Medical Exoskeleton Market is Set to Register a Dazzling Growth with 29.4% of CAGR till 2027 | TIPon October 14, 2019 at 4:53 am
The organic strategies which were conducted more compared to the inorganic strategies for the Medical Exoskeleton. For instance, in June, 2019, ReWalk Robotics announced that it has received U.S. Food ...
- Global Soft Exoskeleton Market Report 2019: Research Methodology, Top Manufactures and Market Size Estimate 2025on October 1, 2019 at 12:50 am
Oct 01, 2019 (AmericaNewsHour) -- MarketStudyReport.com Adds New Soft Exoskeleton Market 2019 - 2025 research report providing information and data By Product, By Application, Industry Analysis, ...
- Insurance Companies Are Cautiously Optimistic About Exoskeleton Technology In The Workplaceon September 30, 2019 at 6:38 am
Exoskeletons and exosuits are physical human augmentation wearable devices ... In some cases, devices redirect forces at unnatural angles. It is not clear how the bones and soft tissues would react or ...
- Foundational Study Shows Soft Suit Exoskeleton Improves Walking for Stroke Survivorson September 19, 2019 at 11:01 pm
Before it's here, it's on the Bloomberg Terminal.
- These robo-shorts are the precursor to a true soft exoskeletonon August 15, 2019 at 3:41 pm
When someone says “robotic exoskeleton,” the power loaders from Aliens are what ... Institute (in collaboration with several other institutions), which focuses on soft robotics and bio-inspired ...
- The future has arrived. Want proof? Check out these amazing robotic exoskeletonson August 11, 2019 at 1:22 pm
At Vanderbilt University, mechanical engineers have been working on a spring-powered soft exoskeleton designed to reduce loading on a person’s calf muscles as they move about. The device weighs one ...
- Smart Exoskeleton Market Inclinations & Development Status Highlighted for the Forecast Period Between 2018 and 2026on July 23, 2019 at 4:45 am
Also increasing insurance coverage for medical exoskeletons in several countries drive the global smart exoskeleton market.Introduction of soft actuators provides new opportunities of global smart ...
via Bing News