For the BionicANTs, Festo has not only taken the delicate anatomy of the natural ant as a role model. For the first time, the cooperative behaviour of the creatures is also transferred to the world of technology using complex control algorithms.
Highly integrated individual systems to solve a common task
Like their natural role models, the BionicANTs work together under clear rules. They communicate with each other and coordinate their actions and movements among each other. The artificial ants thus demonstrate how autonomous individual components can solve a complex task together working as an overall networked system.
Latest production methods and technologies
Yet not only the cooperative behaviour of the artificial ants is amazing. Even their production method is unique. The laser-sintered components are embellished with visible conductor structures in the 3D MID process. They thereby take on design and electrical functions at the same time.
In the actuator technology used in the legs, Festo utilises the benefits of piezo technology; the bending actuators used can be controlled quickly and precisely, work on little energy and do not need much space.
The Latest on: Biomimetic robots
via Google News
The Latest on: Biomimetic robots
- Prosthetics Breakthrough: Robot Arm Lets User Feel Touch Againon July 25, 2019 at 11:16 pm
The paper titled, "Biomimetic sensory feedback through peripheral nerve stimulation improves dexterous use of a bionic hand," detailing this innovation was published in the journal Science Robotics on ... […]
- Programmable coupled oscillators for synchronized locomotionon July 24, 2019 at 2:15 am
Bio-inspired robotics aim at harnessing this control approach for generation ... capacitive coupling allow small footprint area and low operating power. Compared to biomimetic CMOS based neuron and ... […]
- This 3D-Printed Hand Can Play Rock, Paper, Scissorson July 15, 2019 at 1:31 am
The robot is like a part of his body ... (2019) A Myoelectric Prosthetic Hand With Muscle Synergy–based Motion Determination and Impedance Model–based Biomimetic Control. ... […]
- Expert in dynamical systems elected a fellow of American Society of Mechanical Engineerson May 31, 2019 at 6:08 am
Porfiri, who directs the Dynamical Systems Laboratory at NYU Tandon, is recognized for a decade of research contributions spanning several areas, including biomimetic robotics, collective behavior, ... […]
- Human Reflexes Help MIT’s HERMES Rescue Robot Keep Its Footingon May 28, 2019 at 10:08 am
For a fully immersive experience, special goggles can let the operator see what the robot sees through its cameras, and a haptic vest and gloves can provide tactile sensations to the operator’s body. ... […]
- How Sheffield-made animal robots can comfort disabled childrenon May 22, 2019 at 5:00 pm
... Robotics research institute has already won an international award at the Human-Robot Interaction Conference in Vienna for the dog-like ‘MiRo biomimetic companion robot’ he co-designed but he and ... […]
- Global Non-Medical Biomimetic Robots Market: Defense Sector to Become One of the Early Adopters of This Technologyon January 14, 2019 at 12:05 pm
Albany, NY -- (SBWIRE) -- 01/14/2019 -- This MRRSE study offers detailed insights and in-depth research on the global non-medical biomimetic robots market between 2018 and 2028. This study highlights ... […]
- Global Market Study on Non-Medical Biomimetic Robots: Defense Sector to Become One of the Early Adopters of This Technologyon October 23, 2018 at 3:41 pm
Tip: Try a valid symbol or a specific company name for relevant results Give feedback on the new search experience Sign in Mail ... […]
- Global Market Study on Non-Medical Biomimetic Robots: Defense Sector to Become One of the Early Adopters of This Technologyon October 23, 2018 at 3:06 pm
NEW YORK, Oct. 23, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- This study offers detailed insights and in-depth research on the global non-medical biomimetic robots market between 2018 and 2028. This study highlights the ... […]
- Non-medical Biomimetic Robots Market Will Reach Nearly US$ 140 Million in Revenues by 2020 - Persistence Market Researchon October 11, 2018 at 8:27 am
Non-Medical Biomimetic Robots Market: North America Projected to Lead Global Demand, Forecasts Persistence Market Research Over the years, scientists and researchers have been studying nature to ... […]
via Bing News