Researchers at the University of Hertfordshire have developed a prototype of a social robot which supports independent living for the elderly, working in partnership with their relatives or carers.
The robot uses a state of the art service platform called Care-O-bot® 3 and works within a smart-home environment.
Dr Farshid Amirabdollahian, a senior lecturer in Adaptive Systems at the University, led a team of nine partner institutions from across five European countries as part of the €4,825,492 project called ACCOMPANY (Acceptable Robotics Companions for Ageing Years).
Over the past three years the project team successfully carried out a wide range of studies in the University’s Robot House which included, detecting the activity and status of people in a smart-home environment as well as focusing on robots’ ability to remember and recall.
Developments culminated into three interaction scenarios, which were subsequently evaluated by involving elderly people and their formal/informal carers across France, the Netherlands and the UK.
ACCOMPANY’s results demonstrated that a social robot can potentially help to prevent isolation and loneliness, offering stimulating activities whilst respecting autonomy and independence. The project received “excellent results” from its final review in Brussels.
The Latest on: Social robot
via Google News
The Latest on: Social robot
- Spot the Robot Dog, Now a Social Distancing Narc, Is Freaking People Outon May 12, 2020 at 5:22 pm
Spot, the Boston Dynamics robot dog, is now patrolling public parks in Singapore to enforce social distancing. Singapore's government is funding the pilot, which will go on for at least two weeks.
- MA's Robot Dog Is Enforcing Social Distancing At A Shanghai Parkon May 12, 2020 at 5:21 pm
A robot dog patrolling parks to enforce human social distancing? The future sure is wild. But that's the scene in at least one Shanghai park, where government officials are using a robot dog created ...
- Four-legged Robot from Massachusetts Enforces Coronavirus Social Distancingon May 11, 2020 at 5:07 pm
Spot is a 4-legged machine being deployed in parks in Singapore. The robo-dog is armed with a camera, sensors and a speaker. Its mission: to seek out groups of people who are violating social ...
- To combat coronavirus, Singapore is using Boston Dynamics’ robot dogs to ensure social distancingon May 11, 2020 at 5:00 pm
Singapore’s government announced last Friday that it will deploy Boston Dynamics’ robot dog SPOT to help combat the coronavirus pandemic. The robot dogs are meant to ensure safe distancing in the ...
- Robot Dog Patrols Singapore Parks to Encourage Social Distancing amid Coronavirus Pandemicon May 11, 2020 at 12:12 pm
The four-legged robot walks around the city-state's parks and politely reminds residents to stay at least 3 feet apart ...
- Watch this robot patrol a park to encourage social distancingon May 11, 2020 at 10:21 am
Spot, a four-legged "dog", is on patrol in a park in Singapore during a two week trial program. Designed by Boston Dynamics, Spot is equipped with cameras to estimate the number of park goers as well ...
- Amazon built a roving robot covered in UV light bulbs that could kill the coronavirus in warehouses and Whole Foods storeson May 11, 2020 at 8:50 am
In a video, the robot rolls down the aisle of a Whole Foods store, beaming UV light at the freezer doors.
- A robot dog is telling people to keep their distance during the pandemicon May 11, 2020 at 1:30 am
Spot the robot dog — the work of U.S. tech firm Boston Dynamics — is patrolling a park in Singapore, asking people to socially distance during the pandemic.
- 60 Minutes shows Amazon’s virus-killing robot, says company uses AI to enforce social distancingon May 10, 2020 at 11:40 pm
Amazon is developing a robot that would roll through grocery stores and distribution centers, using banks of ultraviolet light to kill viruses on surfaces. The company provided “60 Minutes” ...
- Boston Dynamics creepy robot dog is patrolling parks to encourage social distancingon May 8, 2020 at 5:52 pm
Boston Dynamics robot dog, known as Spot, is patroling Bishan-Ang Mo Kio Park in Singapore to help with social distancing practices during the coronavirus pandemic, the Singapore government announced.
via Bing News