Semi-transparent, flexible electronics are no longer just science-fiction thanks to graphene’s unique properties
Published in the scientific journal Nature Materials, University of Manchester and University of Sheffield researchers show that new 2D ‘designer materials’ can be produced to create flexible, see-through and more efficient electronic devices.
The team, led by Nobel Laureate Sir Kostya Novoselov, made the breakthrough by creating LEDs which were engineered on an atomic level.
The new research shows that graphene and related 2D materials could be utilised to create light emitting devices for the next-generation of mobile phones, tablets and televisions to make them incredibly thin, flexible, durable and even semi-transparent.
The LED device was constructed by combining different 2D crystals and emits light from across its whole surface. Being so thin, at only 10-40 atoms thick, these new components can form the basis for the first generation of semi-transparent smart devices.
The Latest on: Flexible electronics
via Google News
The Latest on: Flexible electronics
- Flexible electronics could be embedded in the patients of tomorrowon November 26, 2020 at 2:40 pm
Griffith University researchers have developed a super-thin, super-flexible material which could be used in the next generation of medical implants.
- Global Flexible Electronics Market Report 2020 by Key Players, Types, Applications, Countries, Market Size, Forecast to 2026on November 26, 2020 at 6:52 am
The Flexible Electronics market is expected to grow from USD X.X million in 2020 to USD X.X million by 2026, at a CAGR of X.X% during the forecast period. The global Flexible Electronics market report ...
- Flexible Electronics Market Expected to Reach $42.48 Billion, Globally, By 2027 at 7.4% CAGR: Allied Market Researchon November 24, 2020 at 4:00 am
Allied Market Research published a report, titled, "Flexible Electronics Market By Component (Flexible Display [OLED, E-paper, and ...
- Global Flexible Battery Market Outlook 2019-2020 & 2027 - ResearchAndMarkets.comon November 20, 2020 at 4:47 am
The “Flexible Battery - Global Market Outlook (2019-2027)” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering. According to the report, the Global Flexible Battery market accounted for $79.87 ...
- Printed and Flexible Electronics: Key Technology Highlights in 2020 from IDTechExon November 17, 2020 at 9:28 am
BOSTON, Nov. 17, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- Printed/flexible electronics is a constantly evolving area with extensive scope for innovation. Here, IDTechEx outlines three of the most exciting ...
- Global $400+ Million Flexible Battery Market Outlook to 2027on November 16, 2020 at 3:08 am
The increasing interest in portable and flexible electronics has led to the development of flexible batteries which can be implemented in products such as smart cards, wearable electronics.
- Quantum-Dot Transistors: A Potential Alternative to Flexible Electronics?on November 11, 2020 at 10:29 am
As such, they’re useful for realizing new types of flexible electronic circuits that could be printed onto any surface, potentially bringing benefits to key fields like consumer electronics, security, ...
- North American Flexible Electronics Market Trends, Size, Competitive Analysis and Forecast - 2019-2025on November 11, 2020 at 7:03 am
The North American flexible electronics market is estimated to grow significantly at a CAGR of around 13.7% during the forecast period. North American region is one of the most established and ...
- Japan Flexible Electronics Market Size, Share, Analysis, Industry Report and Forecast to 2025on November 11, 2020 at 6:36 am
Japan flexible electronics market is estimated to grow considerably at a CAGR of around 14.1% during the forecast period. According to the International Trade Administration, Japan’s electronics ...
- Dynamics’ Nanowave Air zaps the coronavirus with UV lighton November 10, 2020 at 5:50 am
Now it is combining the edge-to-edge flexible electronics it used in credit cards with high-intensity UV technology to make its Nanowave devices. “We’re a leader in edge-to-edge flexible ...
via Bing News