The DQN network learned how to play classic video games including Space Invaders and Breakout without programming
Artificial intelligence has taken a major step forward after Google created a network which learned to play a range of computer games on its own without being pre-programmed.
The Deep Q Network (DQN) was given just the basic data from one Atari game and an algorithm which learned by trying out different scenarios to come up with the best score.
Without any further programming the network worked out how to play a further 48 classic video games including Space Invaders and Breakout.
Demis Hassabis of Google’s artificial intelligence arm DeepMind said the ultimate goal was to create a computer which had the mental capabilities of a toddler.
“This work is the first time that anyone has built a single general learning system that can learn directly from experience to learn a wide range of challenging tasks,” he said.
“In this case a set of Atari games and perform at better or human level on those fames
“DQN can learn to play dozens of the games straight out of the box. We don’t preprogramme it between its games.
“It has minimal sets of assumptions and all it gets access to are the raw pixel inputs and the game score and from there it has to figure out what it controls in the game world and how to get points and master the game just by playing the game directly.
“It’s the first artificial agent that is capable of learning to excel over a diverse array of challenging tasks.”
The Latest on: Artificial intelligence
via Google News
The Latest on: Artificial intelligence
- GUEST COMMENTARY: Artificial Intelligence and the antitrust challengeson August 18, 2019 at 7:00 am
In 2019, American business is poised to embrace the commercial benefits of artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning algorithms and artificial neural networks. In a report released this past ...
- The artificial intelligence race with Chinaon August 18, 2019 at 1:23 am
I am so old that I remember when the USSR’s launch of Sputnik, the first satellite humans put into orbit, triggered panic and the ensuing “space race,” in which massive sums of money and energy were ...
- Global Artificial Intelligence (AI) In Agriculture Market Growth, Insights and Research Forecasts 2019-2028on August 17, 2019 at 12:15 am
Aug 17, 2019 (WiredRelease via COMTEX) -- The report attempts to offer high-quality and accurate analysis of the Global Artificial Intelligence (AI) in Agriculture Market, keeping in view market ...
- Jeffrey Tarrant Saw Artificial Intelligence as the Future of Managing Moneyon August 16, 2019 at 12:30 pm
Even while being treated for the brain cancer that would cut his life short, Jeffrey Tarrant was searching for the next frontier in investing. He figured it would involve the use of artificial ...
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) Robots Market with Growing CAGR in Forecast Period 2019 to 2026on August 16, 2019 at 6:30 am
Aug 16, 2019 (Global QYResearch via COMTEX) -- A new research report titled “Global Artificial Intelligence (AI) Robots Market” successfully exhibits the complete scenario of the global and an ...
- New York-based artificial intelligence unicorn co. hires 71 for Houston office, aims to hire moreon August 16, 2019 at 6:26 am
New York-based UiPath Inc., one of the world’s largest artificial intelligence-focused startups, is officially opening its Houston office Aug. 22. Marie Myers, the Houston-based CFO of UiPath and a ...
- 'Stereotyping' emotions is getting in the way of artificial intelligence. Scientists say they've discovered a better way.on August 16, 2019 at 5:07 am
If you want to understand what people are feeling, you have to look beyond surface-level cues. Technology like AI could fall short without this.
- Staying Smart: How artificial intelligence could impact companies, customers and competitionon August 16, 2019 at 4:00 am
Until recently, artificial intelligence (AI) was limited to movies and science fiction. That’s rapidly changing however as advances in computing power and the creation of massive data sets have made ...
- The Amazing Ways Babylon Health Is Using Artificial Intelligence To Make Healthcare Universally Accessibleon August 15, 2019 at 9:34 pm
Babylon, a UK start-up, plans to "put an accessible and affordable health service in the hands of every person on earth" by putting artificial intelligence (AI) tools to work. Currently, the company ...
- Artificial Intelligence Technology Solutions Receives PO for High End Retail Location Owned by Billion Dollar Real Estate Fundon August 15, 2019 at 11:10 am
RENO, NV, Aug. 15, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- via NEWMEDIAWIRE – Artificial Intelligence Technology Solutions, Inc. (AITX:OTCPK), is pleased to announce that Robotic Assistance Devices (RAD), its ...
via Bing News