The AIR 2015 event will be the first aerial entertainment show of its kind to rely on drone technology
The world’s first drone circus is to be held in the Netherlands, where aerial robots equipped with lasers and projectors will spin in dizzying dances across the Amsterdam Arena.
The AIR 2015 show is scheduled to take place this year with hundreds of drones lined up to fill the venue. The event is being developed in conjunction with the Royal Netherlands Air Force, although a date has not yet been set.
“In this high energy and explosive show, drones will take centre stage to bring a collaboration and fusion of music, video, projections and special effects. AIR allows you to experience a variety of ballet and battles, races and lasers, circus, illusions and most of all magic from hundreds of drones,” said the event’s promoter Fjuze in a statement on the site announcing the AIR2015 show.
Fjuze is not the first to the idea of using drones as a display team. Disney is working on replacing its more traditional means of live entertainment such as giant puppets and fireworks with drone displays, including a mesh of drones covered in lights simulating an aerial display.
Read more: Amsterdam to Host World’s First Drone Circus
The Latest on: Drones
via Google News
The Latest on: Drones
- This Thiel Fellow thinks he can help scooters, drones and delivery robots charge themselves with sunlighton August 22, 2019 at 5:18 pm
From the time he was a high school student, Rohit Kalyanpur thought it was peculiar that although it’s possible to create energy from a solar panel, the panels have long been used almost ...
- How Do We Stop Driverless Cars And Autonomous Delivery Drones From Becoming Weapons?on August 22, 2019 at 12:32 pm
As we look to the future of driverless cars and autonomous delivery drones, one of the most existential questions of their future is how to prevent them from being used for harm. What is to stop a ...
- From drones to social media, big data helps confront more complex disasters in Asiaon August 22, 2019 at 4:24 am
BANGKOK (Thomson Reuters Foundation) - Technological innovations - from unique digital identities for drought-hit farmers to use of data from drones and social media - can better predict increasingly ...
- Drones and facial recognition could help keep cows healthyon August 22, 2019 at 4:04 am
When I picture drone-filled scenes of daily life in our not-so-distant future, my mind drifts to ultra-modern city centers and modern suburbs with autonomous delivery. I don't think about farms. At ...
- AeroVironment Donates 87 Quantix Drones and AV DSS Ecosystems to 35 U.S. University Agriculture Departments to Advance Drones in Farmingon August 21, 2019 at 2:36 pm
2019 University Collaboration Project advances academic research, applications and crop production practices Quantix™ hybrid drone and the AeroVironment Decision Support System™ (AV DSS ...
- Xcel Energy Uses Drones To Inspect Power Lines In Eight Stateson August 21, 2019 at 2:21 pm
North Dakota is known for its sparse population, but also for its drones.Â A new partnership between Xcel Energy and the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) allows drones to inspect power lines out ...
- Drones that recognize you? Amazon has a patent for that.on August 21, 2019 at 12:23 pm
Amazon.com Inc. (NASDAQ: AMZN) secured another 52 patents Monday. That's 154 this month, just shy of the roughly 200 per month the e-commerce and cloud computing giant has averaged over the last year.
- Commercial Drones Market Growth 2019: Trends and Growth Analysis, Segmentation with Key Companieson August 21, 2019 at 11:19 am
Aug 21, 2019 (Hitech News Daily via COMTEX) -- A new report published by Allied Market Research projects that the global Commercial Drones Market was valued at $2,145 million in 2015, and is projected ...
- Australia using drones to spot crocodiles near swimmerson August 21, 2019 at 6:10 am
Drones using artificial intelligence to detect crocodiles near swimmers are being used in Queensland, Australia. Developed by Little Ripper Group, and the University of Technology Sydney, they can ...
- Small Drones Market Insights to 2028 - Predicts High Growth by Key Players Aerovironment, SAAB AB, Thales Groupon August 21, 2019 at 12:14 am
Aug 21, 2019 (WiredRelease via COMTEX) -- The report attempts to offer high-quality and accurate analysis of the Global Small Drones Market, keeping in view market forecasts, competitive intelligence, ...
via Bing News