The AIR 2015 event will be the first aerial entertainment show of its kind to rely on drone technology
The world’s first drone circus is to be held in the Netherlands, where aerial robots equipped with lasers and projectors will spin in dizzying dances across the Amsterdam Arena.
The AIR 2015 show is scheduled to take place this year with hundreds of drones lined up to fill the venue. The event is being developed in conjunction with the Royal Netherlands Air Force, although a date has not yet been set.
“In this high energy and explosive show, drones will take centre stage to bring a collaboration and fusion of music, video, projections and special effects. AIR allows you to experience a variety of ballet and battles, races and lasers, circus, illusions and most of all magic from hundreds of drones,” said the event’s promoter Fjuze in a statement on the site announcing the AIR2015 show.
Fjuze is not the first to the idea of using drones as a display team. Disney is working on replacing its more traditional means of live entertainment such as giant puppets and fireworks with drone displays, including a mesh of drones covered in lights simulating an aerial display.
Read more: Amsterdam to Host World’s First Drone Circus
The Latest on: Drones
via Google News
The Latest on: Drones
- SEE IT: Looters bust into Midtown Manhattan store, swipe six droneson June 4, 2020 at 7:57 am
The crooks bashed their way into DJI on Broadway near Times Square about 11:30 p.m. Saturday as the George Floyd protests across the city sparked widespread looting.
- The Army Has Found The Best Method To Killing Enemy Droneson June 4, 2020 at 7:47 am
Naturally, understanding the components and functions of enemy drones are the prerequisite or precursor to the development of technologies able to track and destroy them. Simply put, before a drone ...
- Thieves steal $16,000 worth of drones from Manhattan DJI store: copson June 4, 2020 at 6:26 am
Surveillance footage released Thursday shows a pack of thieves breaking into a Manhattan drone store and swiping six pricey quadcopters. The five men targeted the DJI store on Broadway near West ...
- Drones Market Report Size, Share | Global Industry , Analysis, Trends and Forecast 2020-2025on June 4, 2020 at 3:20 am
According to IMARC Group's latest report, titled "Drones Market: Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2020-2025,". Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the global drones ...
- The Government is Regularly Flying Predator Drones Over American Citieson June 3, 2020 at 3:43 pm
U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) is regularly flying Predator drones, powerful surveillance aircraft more commonly associated with hunting targets overseas, above American cities for ...
- Stanford lab envisions delivery drones that save energy by taking the buson June 3, 2020 at 9:20 am
Stanford University researchers created a network for controlling 200 delivery drones using buses and trams to extend delivery range and reduce energy use.
- The U.S. Army's New Weapon of Mass Destruction: Swarm Drones?on June 3, 2020 at 5:10 am
The U.S. Army isn’t alone in developing weapons that would rely on swarm tactics, as the U.S. Navy has also begun to develop ways that autonomous platforms could engage an enemy with swarming attacks, ...
- Target Drones Market Worth $6.3 Billion by 2025 - Exclusive Report by MarketsandMarkets™on June 3, 2020 at 4:37 am
According to the new market research report on the "Target Drones Market by End-use Sector (Defense, Commercial), End Use (Aerial Targets, Ground Targets, Marine Targets), Application, Mode of ...
- Drones Scour Oyster Bay/Cold Spring Harbor Waters For Pollutionon June 2, 2020 at 5:03 pm
A local environmental group is turning to heat-seeking drones to find pollution in the massive Oyster Bay/Cold Spring Harbor watershed.
- More than a million delivery drones expected in the skies by 2026on June 2, 2020 at 8:13 am
This article was originally published by Sarah Wray on Cities Today, the leading news platform on urban mobility and innovation, reaching an international audience of city leaders. For the latest ...
via Bing News