Electronic learning could enable millions more students to train as doctors and nurses worldwide, according to research.
A review commissioned by the World Health Organisation (WHO) and carried out by Imperial College London researchers concludes that eLearning is likely to be as effective as traditional methods for training health professionals.
eLearning, the use of electronic media and devices in education, is already used by some universities to support traditional campus-based teaching or enable distance learning.
Wider use of eLearning might help to address the need to train more health workers across the globe. According to a recent WHO report, the world is short of 7.2 million healthcare professionals, and the figure is growing.
The Imperial team, led by Dr Josip Car, carried out a systematic review of the scientific literature to evaluate the effectiveness of eLearning for undergraduate health professional education.
They conducted separate analyses looking at online learning, requiring an internet connection, and offline learning, delivered using CD-ROMs or USB sticks, for example.
The findings, drawn from a total of 108 studies, showed that students acquire knowledge and skills through online and offline eLearning as well as or better than they do through traditional teaching.
The Latest on: eLearning
via Google News
The Latest on: eLearning
- Rensselaer Central calls impromptu eLearning days after mass illness sweeps districton January 24, 2020 at 9:30 am
RENSSELAER — The Rensselaer Central School Corp. is entering its second day of eLearning Friday as nearly a third of its high school students were out of school sick this week, school officials said.
- New Course Licensing Service Opens The Door For Entrepreneurs To Get Into Elearning, Selling High-Quality Courseson January 23, 2020 at 4:09 pm
Alex’s opening his courses for licensing opens the door for tens of thousands of entrepreneurs to get into the Elearning industry, selling high-quality courses. The Elearning industry is one of the ...
- Court dismisses GeoTechVision's lawsuit against eLearning Jamaicaon January 23, 2020 at 8:46 am
KINGSTON, Jamaica – The Supreme Court this morning dismissed the lawsuit that was brought against eLearning Jamaica by GeoTechVision Enterprises. The technology company took legal action against the ...
- Fake Text Popups in Adobe Captivate Fluid Box Designon January 21, 2020 at 8:14 pm
I've been an eLearning designer and developer since 2005. In 2015 I started my own eLearning design company. I began to create Adobe Captivate video tutorials to help promote my business through my ...
- Training Tips for Ships: Stop Lecturing Me!on January 20, 2020 at 12:05 pm
The 2019 Maritime Training Insights Database (MarTID) report showed that while operators intend to increase their use of almost every type of training surveyed (simulation, videos, eLearning, etc.), ...
- Brownstown schools in session Monday; Medora doing eLearning dayon January 17, 2020 at 9:55 pm
Brownstown Central Community School Corp. will be in session Monday as a snow makeup day. Also Monday, Medora Community School Corp. will utilize an eLearning day. Students will not come to school ...
- eLearning Market Next Big Thing | Major Giants Adobe, Blackboard, Ciscoon January 17, 2020 at 11:33 am
HTF Market Intelligence released a new research report of 106 pages on title 'Global eLearning Market Insights by Application, Product Type, Competitive Landscape & Regional Forecast 2025' with ...
- Noblesville Schools will have eLearning day due to water boil order in Hamilton Countyon January 12, 2020 at 4:00 pm
Noblesville Schools will have eLearning day due to water boil order in Hamilton County Customers of Indiana American Water living in Fishers and Noblesville are encouraged to boil any water used ...
- Travel Industry Expert Ruthanne Terrero Tapped to Lead the Travel & Meetings Portfolioon January 9, 2020 at 7:01 am
eLearning as well as new, innovative solutions for both buyers and sellers. Leading the team is Ruthanne Terrero, who has been promoted to Vice President of the Travel & Meetings Group.
- Top 8 Tips To Make Your Browser Notification Campaign Much More Effective For Your eLearning Businesson January 6, 2020 at 2:34 pm
What do you use your eLearning website for? Do you use it to showcase your programs and their benefits to the learners? Well, your website is a great marketing asset if used properly. One of the ...
via Bing News