Car maker Toyota has announced that it will freely share almost 6,000 patents it owns covering hydrogen fuel cell technology.
It said it took the step in a bid to drive development of cars that use the alternative fuel source.
The announcement was made soon after it showed off its Mirai hydrogen-driven car in Las Vegas.
Toyota is one of a record number of car makers attending CES to unveil new models or connected-car strategies.
The patents will be made available free of charge to anyone wanting to use them. The patent portfolio covers fuel cell stacks, high-pressure hydrogen tanks, software control systems and the industrial processes involved in generating and supplying the gas.
“When good ideas are shared, great things can happen,” said Bob Carter, senior vice president of automotive operations at Toyota in a statement.
He added that the first generation of hydrogen fuel cell vehicles, which are expected to be launched over the next five years, would require “unconventional collaboration” among car makers, governments, power firms and researchers.
Read more: CES 2015: Toyota opens up hydrogen patents
The Latest on: Patent sharing
via Google News
The Latest on: Patent sharing
- How To Beat The Crowd When Chasing Defensive Patent Workon October 18, 2019 at 5:37 pm
"We simply aren't taught this in law school." Here, experts share tips on how to build an effective pitch for defensive patent litigation. Find a Hook It's unusual that a company accused of patent ...
- Antiviral Drugs market Size, Share and Top Key Players During 2016-2022on October 18, 2019 at 2:26 am
Download Sample of This Strategic Report:https://www.kennethresearch.com/sample-request-10064867 Antiviral drugs can be segmented on the basis of patent status into generic drugs and branded drugs.
- Apple Patent hints that AirDrop will Adopt Millimeter Wave Antennas and Circuitry for Superior Performance & Securityon October 17, 2019 at 3:52 pm
... Office published a patent application from Apple that appears to be a possible AirDrop technology update or replacement that uses millimeter wave signals. The new system will provide a superior ...
- Commvault Seeks Patent Counsel Experienced in Software Patent Portfolio Generationon October 17, 2019 at 2:21 am
Commvault is seeking a talented Patent Counsel experienced in software patent portfolio generation ... in all industries, to protect, access and share all of their data—anywhere and anytime. As an ...
- Amgen And Sanofi: What Does It Take To Patent An Antibody?on October 17, 2019 at 12:24 am
Biologics are an increasing share of the pharmaceutical market, and many of them are monoclonal antibody drugs. For broad claims to such antibodies, satisfying the written description and enablement ...
- Two behemoths and a startup are India’s top three IT patent filerson October 16, 2019 at 10:28 pm
according to the office of the controller general of patents, design, and trademarks. Specifically, homegrown research is on the climb. Share of domestic applicants in the overall pie rose to 32.5% in ...
- Libra keyboard design will be changed to avoid Brydge patent, creator sayson October 16, 2019 at 10:21 am
The patent largely focused on the pair of U-shaped hinges that Brydge’s keyboards use ... The new design will have a different look, and Sentis said it will share images later this week. Mock-ups ...
- China filed a whopping 1.54 million patents in 2018, nearly half of the rest of the worldon October 15, 2019 at 11:27 pm
China’s application for patents reached a record 1.54 million — this number is nearly half of all the patent applications filed worldwide. Unsurprisingly, a larger share of these Chinese applications ...
- Reed Smith KOs Securities Patents + Female Inventors get a Boost + Software Fools Computerson October 15, 2019 at 11:46 am
Here’s what’s crossing my desk today: • Reed Smith and Fish & Richardson knock out Nasdaq patents. • Intellectual Property Owners Association launches took kit for supporting women inventors. “It’s ...
- HEVC Advance Announces JVCKenwood, NEC, Intellectual Discovery, and Korean Patent Investment Corporation as Newest Licensorson October 15, 2019 at 3:00 am
265 technology to reach all consumers." HEVC Advance further reminds current and potential HEVC Advance Licensors of the increased patent point share awarded (for the life of the HEVC Advance program) ...
via Bing News