Picking up an apple is one of those jobs requiring the delicate touch of the human hand – or its robotic counterpart.
ESA is developing technologies for advanced human–machine interaction to transfer the human sense of touch to space.
The aim is that remote operators will feel as though they are right there with whatever they are controlling, such as planetary rovers.
Among the specialised equipment is this UK-supplied Shadow Hand, which incorporates a force-feedback sense of touch and pressure to allow high-precision, high-manipulability gripping, with the robot hand reproducing the motion of its human operator.
The Latest on: Telerobotics
via Google News
The Latest on: Telerobotics
- Telepresence and Videoconferencing Market Highlights on Future Development 2025 : Avistar Communications Corporation, LifeSize Communicationson March 20, 2020 at 10:12 am
Telepresence refers to a technology bundle that can allow an individual or a group of people to achieve the sensation of being present at a different location. This press release was orginally ...
- Robotics Vs. Artificial Intelligence: What is the difference?on March 13, 2020 at 1:33 pm
Telerobots, for example, is entirely controlled by a human operator but telerobotics is still classed as a branch of robotics. This is one example where the definition of robotics is not very clear.
- How robotics will define the surgical futureon March 9, 2020 at 5:04 am
The “Holy Grail” of allowing for surgeries in-office is around the corner as telerobotics becomes a reality. “I think we’re actually going to see the realization of this within five to 10 years,” ...
- 5G, Beyond 5G (B5G) and 6G Forecasts, 2020-2030 - Teleoperations, Telerobotics, and Industrial Automation Will Be Leading 6G-Enabled Solutionson March 3, 2020 at 7:03 am
Research and Markets also offers Custom Research services providing focused, comprehensive and tailored research.
- 5G, Beyond 5G (B5G) and 6G Forecasts, 2020-2030 - Teleoperations, Telerobotics, and Industrial Automation Will Be Leading 6G-Enabled Solutionson March 2, 2020 at 4:00 pm
DUBLIN, March 3, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- The "5G and Beyond 5G Technology, Infrastructure, and Devices 2020 - 2030" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering. This research evaluates ...
- Soyuz TMA-16M trio return back to Earthon March 1, 2020 at 4:00 pm
The tasks will aid further understanding into how telerobotics can take routine ... In preparation for the trip home, the Soyuz TMA-16M crew donned their Sokol launch and entry suits, closed ...
- ENSC 894/CMPT 885on August 13, 2019 at 6:45 am
16. Tissaphern Mirfakhrai: A survey on the time delays in the Internet Working on a telerobotics project which involves controlling a robot 'through the Internet, I need to deal with the problem of ...
- Almost Like Being Thereon November 11, 2017 at 11:08 am
On a NEEMO (NASA Extreme Environment Mission Operations) training expedition, astronauts living in an underwater habitat off of Florida experimented with habitat-to-shore telerobotics, and found that ...
- People Are Robots, Too. Almoston March 5, 2015 at 5:19 pm
While much emphasis is placed on developing physical characteristics for robots, like functioning human-like faces or artificial muscles, engineers in the Telerobotics Research and Applications Group ...
- In Midst of Budget Woes, NASA Contemplates a Manned Waypoint In Orbit Near the Moonon February 14, 2012 at 8:17 am
From EML-2, on the lunar far side, humans aboard a station could direct telerobotics on the side of our satellite that has been rarely studied (new lunar science!) while also conducting research ...
via Bing News