Last week SpaceX CEO Elon Musk claimed that artificial intelligence was mankind’s biggest threat.
So he might not be too happy to hear that a company claims to have given a robot emotions for the first time via a microchip breakthrough.
They say their artificially intelligent machine can recognise, emulate and empathise with the eight key emotions in humans.
Emoshape, based in London and New York, say they have achieved a major technological breakthrough with their EPU (emotional processing unit).
This is the cornerstone of their new Emospark product, a small £195 ($315) cube that can recognise and respond to your emotions – and it even has emotions of its own.
Using the microchip and a camera, either through your phone or a separate external camera, the cube monitors your facial expressions and works out what you like and don’t like.
For example, when playing particular music it will see if you enjoy it or not. This will help it learn what you might enjoy in future.
By syncing up to your phone the cube can then play songs, videos and more back to you if you make a request of it.
But being mean or nice to the cube will also elicit a response from it.
It is apparently able to emulate the eight so-called primary emotions. These are anger, fear, sadness, disgust, surprise, anticipation, trust and joy.
The Latest on: Artificial intelligence
via Google News
The Latest on: Artificial intelligence
- Nvidia Stock Is Benefiting From the Next Big Artificial Intelligence Trendon October 15, 2019 at 8:05 am
To order presentation-ready copies for distribution to your colleagues, clients or customers visit http://www.djreprints.com. https://www.barrons.com/articles/nvidia-stock-artificial-intelligence-chip ...
- Artificial Intelligence Accurately Screens for Diabetic Eye Diseaseon October 15, 2019 at 7:26 am
October 15, 2019 - An artificial intelligence tool enabled non-ophthalmologists to accurately detect diabetic retinopathy in 60 seconds, making real-time screening possible for primary care ...
- The global artificial intelligence (AI) market in manufacturing industry at a CAGR of almost 31% during the forecast periodon October 15, 2019 at 6:03 am
New York, Oct. 15, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Reportlinker.com announces the release of the report "Artificial Intelligence (AI) Market in Manufacturing Industry by Application and Geography - Forecast ...
- Artificial Intelligence Gaining Ground in the Workplaceon October 15, 2019 at 6:01 am
At its core, technology exists to make our lives easier. Thanks to artificial intelligence, our tools have gotten smarter, and we're more productive as a result. According to a study released earlier ...
- Small Business Owners, Be Cautious of Companies That Claim They Sell Artificial Intelligenceon October 15, 2019 at 5:54 am
The concept of artificial intelligence is nothing new, yet the hype around it continues to grow. According to CB Insights (via Forbes), AI startups have raised a record $7.4 billion raised in the ...
- Experts Weigh In On The Great Hopes For Artificial Intelligence In Medicine And The Ethical Pitfalls That Come With Iton October 15, 2019 at 5:45 am
Artificial intelligence has the potential to better patient care while creating cost-efficiencies that would be impossible without it. But it could also worsen racial disparities, have profit ...
- Enterprise Artificial Intelligence Market Size 2017-2023|Global Analysis, Top Key Players, Drivers and Trendson October 15, 2019 at 2:46 am
Oct 15, 2019 (AmericaNewsHour) -- Global Enterprise Artificial Intelligence Market: Solution (Business Intelligence, Customer Management, Sales & Marketing), Service (Professional, Managed), ...
- Artificial Intelligence Chipsets Market: How Top Leading Companies Can Make This Smart Strategy Workon October 15, 2019 at 1:53 am
Oct 15, 2019 (Market Research Analyst via COMTEX) -- The report mainly studies the size, recent trends and development status of the Artificial Intelligence Chipsets market, as well as investment ...
- Artificial Intelligence Research Is Creating Jobs, New Report From the ADAPT Centre Revealson October 14, 2019 at 10:12 pm
DUBLIN, Oct. 15, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- A new report has found that Artificial Intelligence (AI) research produced by the ADAPT SFI Research Centre for Digital Media Technology is having a significant ...
- How Artificial Intelligence Is Leaving Baseball Fans A Lot More Satisfiedon October 14, 2019 at 11:59 am
Earlier this month, Satisfi Labs, a Major League Baseball (MLB) partner since 2016, announced a big league partnership expansion to work with individual MLB franchises to use voice AI (artificial ...
via Bing News