LiquidPiston has a new X Mini engine which is a small 70 cubic centimeter gasoline powered “prototype.
This is a quiet, four-stroke engine with near-zero vibration. The company said it can bring improvements to applications such as lawn equipment, small generators, mopeds, auxiliary power units for boats, and UAVs. The engine’s improved noise, vibration and harshness (NVH) characteristics, said the company, will increase product performance, enhance operator comfort and prolong application life.
The X Mini is based on LiquidPiston’s thermodynamic cycle and engine architecture; it can run steady state with air-cooling. With the X Mini, the company said they can now show that their engine technology can scale down in size and can be configured for spark-ignited operation to support both gasoline and diesel applications. The engine has only two primary moving parts, a shaft and rotor, a 4-pound core and fits in a 6.6″ x 6.2″ x 5.4″ box. The company said tests showed high power density, producing 3.5 horsepower (indicated at 10,000 RPM).
“Except for ancillary parts such as injectors, fuel pumps, and oil pumps, there are no other moving parts,” according to the company.
The president and co-founder, Dr. Alexander Shkolnik, said the team had plans to further optimize the engine for increased power (greater than 5 horsepower) and efficiency, and lower operational noise. According to the company release, “When mature, the engine is expected to weigh 3 pounds, produce over 5 horsepower at up to 15,000 RPM, and be over 30 percent smaller and lighter than comparable four-stroke piston engines.”
While it is a rotary engine, the company points out that the X Engine is not a Wankel engine, as it has “a fundamentally different thermodynamic cycle, architecture and operation.”
The Latest on: LiquidPiston
via Google News
The Latest on: LiquidPiston
- Fuel Efficient Internal Combustion Engine Market Trends, Analysis, Statistics and Forecast 2019 to 2026on January 28, 2020 at 5:47 pm
A new research report titled “Global Fuel Efficient Internal Combustion Engine market” successfully exhibits the complete scenario of the global and an individual analysis of the various regional ...
- Tagged: liquidpistonon January 12, 2020 at 3:46 pm
Crowdfund Insider is the leading news and information web site covering the emerging global industry of disruptive finance including investment crowdfunding, Blockchain peer-to-peer / marketplace ...
- Reg CF Issuer LiquidPiston Crowdfunds $1.07 Million in Just Over 9 Hourson January 12, 2020 at 3:39 pm
Reg CF issuers LiquidPiston has raised $1.07 million in only 9 hours and 22 minutes from 1,963 investors. Currently, $1.07 million is the max amount allowed under the Reg CF securities exemption.
- Wall-penetrating radar wins grand prize in Army competition for small businesseson October 23, 2019 at 5:00 pm
LiquidPiston; Merciless Motors; SIGINT Systems, LLC; Syncopated Engineering; TexPower, Inc; TRX Systems; and XO-NANO Smartfoam. For information about the program, please visit xTechSearch (See ...
- UAV Rotary Engines Market Growth Forecast to 2024 by UAV Engines, Austro Engine, LiquidPistonon May 10, 2019 at 6:06 pm
UAV Engines, Austro Engine, LiquidPiston, Rotron Power, AIE, Mistral Engines, Aixro, Orbital Power, Sky Power, 3W International Browse more details of UAV Rotary Engines Market @ https ...
- DARPA Funds LiquidPiston's 30kW X4 Rotary Diesel Engine Prototypeon June 25, 2018 at 2:27 am
DARPA has awarded an additional $2.5 million to internal combustion engine developer LiquidPiston to continue work on its 30kW X4 rotary diesel engine prototype, bringing DARPA’s total funding ...
- LiquidPiston Receives $3M Rapid Innovation Fund Award by U.S. Armyon June 27, 2017 at 5:00 pm
BLOOMFIELD, Conn., June 28, 2017-- LiquidPiston, Inc. (LPI), a developer of advanced multi-fuel-capable rotary combustion engine technology, has been awarded a $3M Rapid Innovation Fund (RIF ...
- LiquidPiston Switches to Four-Pound X Mini Engine for Go-kart Demonstrationon June 14, 2016 at 5:00 pm
LiquidPiston has just released proof-of-concept of its X Mini rotary engine in a go-kart demonstration car to illustrate the efficiency of its small engine compared to traditional engines.
- LiquidPiston Closes $6.5 Mln in Series C Fundingon July 22, 2013 at 9:58 am
LiquidPiston said Monday that it has raised $6.5 million in Series C funding. The lead investors were Northwater Capital Management and Adams Capital Management. Also, LiquidPiston has named David ...
- Get Ready For the Coming Cleantech Backlashon November 14, 2010 at 4:00 pm
Coordinating and executing a long term national industrial policy is a complicated challenge even under the best of circumstances. Doing so on top of a fractious and shifting political ecosystem ...
via Bing News